Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2950140)   #101
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
............. kids slow you down, so best to jettison them..............
Jettison the kids eh.....
A statement like that tells us more about you, than the discussion presently taking place. Craig and Nat will no doubt be adopting a more rational, caring and mature approach to their situation.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2950179)   #102
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger All View Post
Ok well if that is all you want here you go then

well done,

In about 1990, i saw a 302 john goss special for sale about $1500 very average condition, in hindsight i so wish i bought it
Old 3 Sep 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2950182)   #103
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"If the real reasons why ever see the light of day, he'll kiss his clean cut image goodbye forever"

No, that's another V8 driver. Or two.

Kramer
Old 11 Sep 2011, 02:00 (Ref:2953673)   #104
Eff One
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
Eff One has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So Lowndes has split with the missus...

.. and after his performance at the last round, he's looking like the Lowndes of old again. He's back to his old self since this break-up. Coincidence? I doubt it... It seems odd he's back on the money now after being Whincup's ***** for so long, when we knew all along he still has the talent and ability to match and beat him (well, I cartainly did, anyway). He seemed to have lost that fire, that aggression. Maybe he was whipped and it was making him miserable? Maybe, if he was in an unhappy relationship, it was affecting his performances on the track? That's my theory anyway. At any rate, it's great to see him back to his old aggressive self and hopefully he can make a true championship fight of this, even if he is back driving for the wrong squad...
Old 12 Sep 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2954202)   #105
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig broke his watts-linkage bolt
Old 12 Sep 2011, 07:09 (Ref:2954230)   #106
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever the case Lowndesy does more than enough for our sport to be allowed to deal with this in any way he see's fit. Your right though it would seem he has a new lease on life in the car, and it is great too see
Old 13 Sep 2011, 02:54 (Ref:2954784)   #107
Eff One
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
Eff One has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo Park View Post
Whatever the case Lowndesy does more than enough for our sport to be allowed to deal with this in any way he see's fit. Your right though it would seem he has a new lease on life in the car, and it is great too see
Yep, hopefully this upturn in form continues.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2961037)   #108
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Found this add at the royal melbourne show today
Craig Lowndes
Norton Internet Safety Amabassador
V8 Supercar champion
Family Man

It appears its ok for him to make money out of the family man tag, but its not ok for us to discuss the tag
Old 27 Sep 2011, 03:48 (Ref:2961466)   #109
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find he does in fact have a family and is a man !
Old 27 Sep 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2961927)   #110
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
keep pushing that wheelbarrow...
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:39 (Ref:2962383)   #111
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
keep pushing that wheelbarrow...
keep grinding that axe
Old 3 Oct 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2965180)   #112
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd have a lot of fire wood left over with all those axe handles.....
Old 6 Oct 2011, 03:41 (Ref:2966436)   #113
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here, have a read of this definition.

fam·i·ly   [fam-uh-lee, fam-lee] Show IPA noun, plural -lies, adjective
noun
1.a.

a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether living together or not.

My case rests, he is a family man.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 04:32 (Ref:2966449)   #114
St00ge
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Here, have a read of this definition.

fam·i·ly   [fam-uh-lee, fam-lee] Show IPA noun, plural -lies, adjective
noun
1.a.

a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether living together or not.

My case rests, he is a family man.

No one is debating the case of if he can now be classed as a "family man" more so that he does uses it as part of his branding and as such should be ready to accept that if anything happens in his "family life" it is going to be discussed in the public domain...

If he had kept his family life private and not shopped it around in magazine articles (not motorsport related) and tv segments to build up his brand and public awareness and so on with his family then he would be entitled to deal with it in a more private manner... You can't just expect to only use the media when it suits your agenda, it doesn't work like that for anyone who trades off the public...
Old 6 Oct 2011, 06:55 (Ref:2966497)   #115
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
No one is debating the case of if he can now be classed as a "family man" more so that he does uses it as part of his branding and as such should be ready to accept that if anything happens in his "family life" it is going to be discussed in the public domain...

If he had kept his family life private and not shopped it around in magazine articles (not motorsport related) and tv segments to build up his brand and public awareness and so on with his family then he would be entitled to deal with it in a more private manner... You can't just expect to only use the media when it suits your agenda, it doesn't work like that for anyone who trades off the public...
And who pray tell, came up with this set of rules? You, per chance!
or maybe the Murdoch press. Sounds very much like the same justification that they were using to do what they did in the U.K. recently.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2966500)   #116
St00ge
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
And who pray tell, came up with this set of rules? You, per chance!
or maybe the Murdoch press. Sounds very much like the same justification that they were using to do what they did in the U.K. recently.
yeah it was me....

and put the long bow away robin hood... We are talking about someone who used the media to build his profile outside of motorsport for his own benefit and now you guys (note not CL here) are all getting bend out of shape..

The majority of the field don't bring there private lives TO the public and thus we know nothing and don't talk about their private lives... The likes of Countney, Tander, Frosty and Lowndes bring the general public into their private lives and thus have to be prepared that when things go sour you can't just turn off that public interest that you fed earlier...

Last edited by St00ge; 6 Oct 2011 at 07:32.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2966554)   #117
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
Quote:
yeah it was me....

and put the long bow away robin hood... We are talking about someone who used the media to build his profile outside of motorsport for his own benefit and now you guys (note not CL here) are all getting bend out of shape..

The majority of the field don't bring there private lives TO the public and thus we know nothing and don't talk about their private lives... The likes of Countney, Tander, Frosty and Lowndes bring the general public into their private lives and thus have to be prepared that when things go sour you can't just turn off that public interest that you fed earlier...
OK, I sort of get where you are coming from, about wanting to discuss this issue. The guy is a racing driver, and is one of the highest profile sportsman in the country. We get to see and hear about him, more than any other driver in the game. Advertisers see the value in using his clean cut, family image. The marriage breaks up. OK, a bit of the gloss goes.
But, what is it that you are looking for here?
Do you want to see him lose support because of this perceived wrong use of the term, family man? I'm sure the bloke still values his family just as much as before.
I don't know about you, but I'm only interested in seeing how he performs at Bathurst this weekend.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2966873)   #118
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if he is perceived by the broad public as such a famous family man, and therefore we are allowed to comment, why would my family not have a clue about him if it wasn't for seeing him on when i am watching motorsport programs or reading motorsport publications??

the only time i recall seeing anything of him outside of motorsport is advertising Norton
Old 7 Oct 2011, 01:46 (Ref:2966933)   #119
St00ge
Veteran

meh personally I don't give a **** what happens in his private life and If CL wins I hope he is going to be getting gobbies from some of the grid girls in his motorhome out back...

Can't comment on on why your family don't know about CL private life, not everyone has the same need for gossip but I have seen CL in more than one womans tabloid magazines with his family over the years talking his life outside of racing....
Old 7 Oct 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2966935)   #120
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Quote:
meh personally I don't give a **** what happens in his private life and If CL wins I hope he is going to be getting gobbies from some of the grid girls in his motorhome out back...

Can't comment on on why your family don't know about CL private life, not everyone has the same need for gossip but I have seen CL in more than one womans tabloid magazines with his family over the years talking his life outside of racing....
+1
Old 7 Oct 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2967111)   #121
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mods - please kill this stupid thread.
ASAP.
Thank you.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2967218)   #122
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Mods - please kill this stupid thread.
ASAP.
Thank you.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2967353)   #123
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Looks like this is all people search for on CL these days....

Old 7 Oct 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2967371)   #124
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As an unbiased observer of this thread, i cannot understand how the forum members who are against this thread can't find the common sense or will power to simply not look at it if it seems to upset them so much.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2967543)   #125
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RBH, it's not much of a thread. Half of it gone anyway, some of what's left being not particularly family friendly and the rest mostly being a girly fight between posters.

Enough.