Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Apr 2006, 10:13 (Ref:1595297)   #1
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Barrichello finally gets his set-up

about time to, Over recent races RB has being saying the honda team have not been giving him a car that suits his needs.

All i want to say is about time...
We can see The improvement in Rbs driving already 3rd of the start line, thats more like it.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1595349)   #2
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
How is one okay qualifying result an improvement? He completely dropped off the radar in the race and finished outside the points!
Old 26 Apr 2006, 11:36 (Ref:1595353)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rubens may have done well in qualifying, but his race was embarassing, he was never anywhere near the pace in a perfectly competitive car.

By the way, he's been in F1 for 13 years, that's long enough to learn how to spell his name. And it's basic courtesy to start a name with a capital letter.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1595355)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are you saying that he's already got the set up or do you mean they're making changes for the next race?

If the former I'm not sure I'd advertise it and if the latter then yes you could say he's improving.

Is there a link to this story please?
Old 26 Apr 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1595365)   #5
mstar
Racer

mstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well to be honest we saw that JB was lapping quicker then RB who had 1 lap less fuel in the 1st stint, sometimes upto a second!!! poor race by rubens in my opinion. His race pace just wasn;t there. But if we look at RB's career in ferrai we often find (when RB doesn't like set-up) he is something like 30secs behnd michael. he regulary got out-raced by michael. JB is a good race pace kind of driver i think rubens unless he gets a perfect car to his taste will never match JB
Old 26 Apr 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1595392)   #6
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To be fair to Rubens, he has not had enough time with Honda. He needs to "grow out" of the habits he developed at Ferrari, namely relying so much on electronics, but sooner or later the questions of whether he was overrated in a Ferrari will come. Just not yet. He showed some signs of recovery at Imola but had a disappointing race pace.

Having said that, Button is fast and I agree RB will be hard pressed to outpace him on a given weekend (no matter the car). On the other hand, in traffic, I think RB has the edge. He just needs to get the pace first. Stay tuned before judging too quickly.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1595401)   #7
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Rubens may have done well in qualifying, but his race was embarassing, he was never anywhere near the pace in a perfectly competitive car.

By the way, he's been in F1 for 13 years, that's long enough to learn how to spell his name. And it's basic courtesy to start a name with a capital letter.

Think ul find its spelt right.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1595411)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is now that the title's been changed.

Rubens seemed to have plenty of pre-season testing, but sometimes drivers have taken half a season to truly adjust to a new team.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1595422)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It seems that he is now braking with his left foot.It also seems that he was using this same foot to operate the gas pedal during the race.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1595435)   #10
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
It seems that he is now braking with his left foot.It also seems that he was using this same foot to operate the gas pedal during the race.
funny
Old 26 Apr 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1595509)   #11
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Im pretty sure the spelling was right to start with.

Anyway, even though we havn't seen Barrichello perform to his full potential. I think he will be able to get back in to contention.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1595563)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzF1rocks
Im pretty sure the spelling was right to start with. .
To clarify the title was "barichello finaley gets his set up". I changed it.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1595577)   #13
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be facinating to see how this plays out over the next few races. Perhaps he needs a lick of the lolly to cool his head.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1595601)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide

Rubens seemed to have plenty of pre-season testing, but sometimes drivers have taken half a season to truly adjust to a new team.
It was a shame that he had to swap teams just when he was getting the hang of driving a Ferrari.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1595631)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Half a season, not half a decade. Rubens didn't seem to be on Michael's pace at any race in 2005 anyway - thigns had ran their course there, and it was clear Ferrari wanted someone else as a long-term title prospect.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1595691)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a downhill... I think that by 2008, he'll be racing in the stock car series with his own team.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1595692)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well one decent qually effort is hardly "finding his setup" that too on the least fuel than anyone else.....

Rubens needs to find some speed and quick.... i think this may well be his last season in f1.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1596100)   #18
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
To clarify the title was "barichello finaley gets his set up". I changed it.
Ok, Cool
Old 27 Apr 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1596238)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
It was a shame that he had to swap teams just when he was getting the hang of driving a Ferrari.
Very good! what are you trying to say exactly?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1597495)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That he's very fast in adapting !
Old 29 Apr 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1597584)   #21
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I also agree with Boots.........

I think Massa knew very well that if MS started the season better than he, that he would occasionally have to bite the bullet. Being shunted out in the first lap at Australia was a strike of bad luck in that regard. Up until then, he had held his own.