Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2001, 01:55 (Ref:77145)   #1
Select
Rookie

Select should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does anyone share the view that Barrichello is becoming a bit of an embarrasment to Ferrari?

Renegotiations in July is it? Any speculation on who is likely to be up for the drive?
Old 4 Apr 2001, 02:04 (Ref:77147)   #2
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good riddance I say. It doesn't really matter to me who drives for Ferrari in the future after this year I don't see them being among the contenders for 2002 they gave it all they had in 2000 and will continue to fall off the pace set by BMW and Honda. IMO of course
Old 4 Apr 2001, 10:20 (Ref:77203)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps, Michael Schumacher decides that there are too many upcoming talents, thus decide to hang his helmet to be c0-team manager with Todt, and perhaps, just perhaps, Montoya and Jarno Trulli would head the Ferrari pairing? i'd really love to see it happen, and of course, they must have an excellent fast red car at their disposal!
Old 4 Apr 2001, 13:09 (Ref:77255)   #4
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with all the problems barrichello has showed in this first three races, and all the comments he has made to the press he will not return to ferrari next year. Now who will replace him?, that´s a tough question, there are a lot of good drivers, but non of them want to be overshadowed by TGF, nobody wants to be humilliated like RB has been. So this leaves us with some mid-filed drivers or even a test driver, who knows.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 13:17 (Ref:77257)   #5
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know he's under contract to Williams, but how about Ralf?
Old 4 Apr 2001, 16:21 (Ref:77338)   #6
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems pretty obvious that Barichello is not going to stay at Ferrari.... But TGF??? I think he will stay at least one more season. So, who replaces Rubens?
Fisichella (anyone know his contract details??)
Badoer (the most logical choice for now)
Alesi (Ok, this is wishfull thinking)
Alonso (*sigh* more wishfull thinking)
any other ideas???
Old 4 Apr 2001, 16:58 (Ref:77360)   #7
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Badoer's the most logical choice, I agree, but Ferrari will never put him in a race seat
Old 4 Apr 2001, 17:09 (Ref:77365)   #8
JoMiSaP
Rookie

JoMiSaP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there was a little justice in this world Jacques Villeneuve would go to Ferrari to win the World Championship his father should have won in 1982.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 19:35 (Ref:77419)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Marshal
I know he's under contract to Williams, but how about Ralf?
Might take a fair bit of cash to get Frank to let him go, though.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 22:06 (Ref:77485)   #10
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said JoMiSaP however I think it would be in JV's best interest to stay with BAR as Honda will put together an amasing engine for 2002 (because Honda are sick of losing and they never do for long) and he will have a real shot at winning the title. I do believe that Ferrari is going to fall off the pace after this year as Williams, BAR and Jordan (assuming they keep their Honda engines) fight it out for the top spot in the next few years. However just to see JV in a Ferrari would be awesome! But the WDC will come for him with Honda.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 22:21 (Ref:77489)   #11
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said this earlier that Badoer deserves a chance in a top team, for he's a great driver in my eyes. But he won't be chosen...although we need an italian driver someday...
Old 4 Apr 2001, 22:46 (Ref:77495)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

If there was justice in this world, the Ferrari seat would go to Alesi or Badoer.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 22:48 (Ref:77497)   #13
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Alesi...yes...but he's not made to be at TGF's service. I twould be all he deserves to drive a Ferrari again...he would give everything for it. But there is NO justice in this world.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 23:09 (Ref:77501)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's already in negotiations... and <surprise> TGF is up for RB staying.
Why ? Why put another one and risk to be outpaced or having problems ? Ferrari and TGF already know how to deal with the guy ! Take a look at this weekend, and after all happened Ross Brawn came in defense of RB in Ralfie issue.
I guess he will stay one or two years more.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 23:12 (Ref:77507)   #15
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Yes Bononi, I guess so too, but please let me dream of an Alesi in red....oh yesss!!!
Old 5 Apr 2001, 01:12 (Ref:77551)   #16
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Alesi's heading for retirement at the end of the season - unfortunately

As for Barrichelo - he's pretty much history as far as Ferrari goes. I think Badoer is probably the most deserving of a Ferrari drive but I dont know if they'll take him. Ferrari may want to go for a big name - As for Villenerve, he's been wanting to go to Ferrari for quite a while and - but that wont happen till Michael leaves or retires - and no one knows when thats gonna happen.

I'd say they have a choice between Luca Badoer, Alonso, and Fisicella. Alonso is the wild card in there - Fisicella has really screwed up his career by staying with Benetton - so Ferrari may not want to risk him....

One thing is for sure though - it definately wont be Ralf. Frank isent going to let him go - and I dont think Ralf wants to leave either.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 01:21 (Ref:77557)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now let's stop talking like race promoters and start talking like businessmen and women.

Marlboro has a huge, although largely underground, presence in Brazil. It is very well known that a lot of Brazilians who stopped watching Formula One when Senna was killed have begun to watch again since Rubens signed with Ferrari. A large percentage of those people smoke, and a sizeable minority of those Brazilian fans are likely to switch to Marlboro in support of Rubens.

Conclusion: Rubens is safe at Ferrari until cigarette advertising on race cars is banned in Brazil, or until another Brazilian comes along who can take over the drive.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 01:32 (Ref:77566)   #18
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Darn it Liz...you brought us back to the cruel reality.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 13:48 (Ref:77726)   #19
AlteredGrizz
Rookie

AlteredGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You have a good point their Liz..

But I feel Brazilians think Rubinho is nowhere near what Senna was, If a good brazilian driver comes along maybe they would all switch to Marlboro cigs, but some would rather smoke lucky strike ,Rubinho is giving Marlboro's a bad name...

Ferrari will keep him till the end of the year , they don't really care who the #2 driver is anyways.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 15:45 (Ref:77771)   #20
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not as though ferarri are desperate for the money though is it
Old 5 Apr 2001, 18:16 (Ref:77802)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Verry funny indeed, and very true as well........
Old 5 Apr 2001, 21:09 (Ref:77882)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AlteredGrizz,

You're right. The marjority of Brazilians never saw RB as the champion they wanted to. Even when he went to Ferrari a lot of people said it was a mistake, following Piquet's opinion.
We have a nickname for him, created by a comedy group from TV: "Pé-de-chinelo" wich means "slipper foot", but as it is a slang I don't know if it is the corresponding expression in english. this slang means "weak", "slow", "without personality". That is the perfect view of RB by most brazilians.
TGF has far more fans in Brazil than RB.
I guess none of the current pack is within the profile preferred by brazilians fans.
If I should point someone in the current grid that could fit in this profile, I could say JPM is growing to be like that. The two others are Alesi and JV.
But brazilians drivers... nope.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 22:55 (Ref:77922)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better tell that to Marlboro. (Of course, one of Them asked me if I smoke, and then said in surprise, "I thought all racing fans smoked.")
Old 6 Apr 2001, 08:41 (Ref:78008)   #24
JoMiSaP
Rookie

JoMiSaP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello will stay at Ferrari for one reason.

The don´t give a damn about who the second driver is as long as he doesn´t interfere with TGF.
Old 6 Apr 2001, 10:14 (Ref:78030)   #25
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by JoMiSaP
Barrichello will stay at Ferrari for one reason.

The don´t give a damn about who the second driver is as long as he doesn´t interfere with TGF.
I am not so sure about that. Quite seriously (for me that's a change) I don't think that Rubens's strong words of criticism against Ferrari and against TGF will help in his quest. Anyone that dares to criticise management at Ferrari is on shaky ground. You will notice that TGF is very circumspect in his comments when his car is not that geat - he never criticises Todt or Ross.
As for Ralf, I just cannot see the siblings in the same team, any team. They just don't get along that good.
I think Jarno might stand a chance; No!! Trulli!!