Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 26 Dec 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3182073)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Grand-Am 2013 Predictions - Round #1 - 24 Hours of Daytona

This is the very first round of the Grand-Am Predictions Competition on 10 Tenths! With the huge success of other predictions competitions before mine, I feel like Grand-Am deserves its own. You get to win prizes... bragging rights and superiority over all others!

Here's how it works... You place your bets by making up a finishing order for a qualifying result or race result, and the closer you get to your finishing order, the more points you get. You get points for...

DP Qualifying (bonus 20 points)
DP Race
DP Fastest Lap (bonus 10 points)
GT Qualifying (bonus 10 points)
GT Race
GT Fastest Lap (bonus 5 points)
GTX Qualifying (bonus 6 points)
GTX Race
GTX Fastest Lap (bonus 3 points)
First Car Out (bonus 10 points)

The system is basically the same as the F1 predictions competition points system. You get 25 points if your driver is the correct position, 18 if your driver is 1 off (either up or down), 15 if 2 off...

3 off = 12 pts.
4 off = 10 pts.
5 off = 8 pts.
6 off = 7 pts.
7 off = 4 pts.
8 off = 2 pts.
9 off = 1 pt.
10 off = .5 pts.
11+ off = 0 pts.

The GX class is a little different because it doesn't have as many entries. It goes like...

0 off = 25 pts.
1 off = 15 pts.
2 off = 10 pts.
3 off = 5 pts.
4 off = 2 pts.
5 off = 1 pt.
6 off = .5 pts.
7 off = 0 pts.

Extra details:

You can adjust your predictions however much you want until the first qualifying session for a Grand-Am class on a race weekend. I'll have a countdown clock and timezone converter for every race, as well as a form to fill out (remember, you can fill it out more than once) for your predictions. If a car is DISQUALIFIED for any reason, you DO NOT get credit for the prediction on that car's finishing position.

Have fun out there!

Last edited by Beetle; 26 Dec 2012 at 22:15.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3182078)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Round: One
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Race Length: 24 hours
Track Length: 3.56 miles

COUNTDOWN

PREDICT HERE!

Entry List

THIS ROUND IS DOUBLE POINTS!!!

You can adjust your predictions at any time until 3:40 PM US Eastern Time on January 24, 2013. Remember, this race is DOUBLE POINTS! If your car gets disqualified from the competition but has won an event, you will not get credit for betting on this car.

Remember: you can talk about the race all you want on this thread, but you may not post what your predictions are on this thread. They must be completely private. If anyone is found to have revealed their exact predictions, they will be disqualified and undergo a 3 race ban (until the Chevrolet GRAND-AM Detroit 200)

Rules update:

All predictions will be posted to this Google Doc.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3183812)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Could you please post what a prediction should look like , im not fully understanding exactly what to do ?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3183836)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's actually a good idea G - a template please Beetle!
Old 3 Jan 2013, 04:30 (Ref:3184054)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im fulla good ideas A
Old 4 Jan 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3184793)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Could you please post what a prediction should look like , im not fully understanding exactly what to do ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's actually a good idea G - a template please Beetle!
Simpy click this. You will be lead to a form that says 10 Tenths Grand-Am / Round #1 / Daytona. You will then enter your 10 Tenths username, and then, for the DP Polesitter, type in # and then the number of the car you think will take the DP pole. For example, if I thought the Ganassi 02 car would take the pole, I'd put #02. That's all you have to put. You will do the same for GT and GTX pole. For example, #56 and #00. Just examples.

The final race results will be as follows. Type in the space provided on the form...

1. #?
2. #?
3. #?
4. #?
5. #?

Stop at number 10. That's what you predict the finishing order will be.

Example template...

Same with GT, except you predict 5 more places because of the larger entry size. With GTX, you only do 5 spots because of the dismal entry list

The class fastest lap is the exact same as the polesitter as far as formatting goes. Simply put this: # and then the number of the car.

For example, GT fastest lap: #72

Finally, first car out is just like the above, except you choose the first car to officially retire from the race. You can pick a car from any class, but only one car. For example, #59.

I'd thought it would be self explanatory, but I guess I was wrong... JK!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3185026)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not really - I just haven't looked yet!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3185268)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Simpy click this. You will be lead to a form that says 10 Tenths Grand-Am / Round #1 / Daytona. You will then enter your 10 Tenths username, and then, for the DP Polesitter, type in # and then the number of the car you think will take the DP pole. For example, if I thought the Ganassi 02 car would take the pole, I'd put #02. That's all you have to put. You will do the same for GT and GTX pole. For example, #56 and #00. Just examples.

The final race results will be as follows. Type in the space provided on the form...

1. #?
2. #?
3. #?
4. #?
5. #?

Stop at number 10. That's what you predict the finishing order will be.

Example template...

Same with GT, except you predict 5 more places because of the larger entry size. With GTX, you only do 5 spots because of the dismal entry list

The class fastest lap is the exact same as the polesitter as far as formatting goes. Simply put this: # and then the number of the car.

For example, GT fastest lap: #72

Finally, first car out is just like the above, except you choose the first car to officially retire from the race. You can pick a car from any class, but only one car. For example, #59.

I'd thought it would be self explanatory, but I guess I was wrong... JK!
Not seeing a hyperlink here - worth retrying the post?
Old 5 Jan 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3185282)   #9
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Not seeing a hyperlink here - worth retrying the post?
Oops... I'm sorry. Just forgot the link.

Simply click this.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 23:03 (Ref:3185284)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Also, remember to read this as well as the OP.

Quote:
Round: One
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Race Length: 24 hours
Track Length: 3.56 miles

COUNTDOWN

PREDICT HERE!

Entry List

THIS ROUND IS DOUBLE POINTS!!!

You can adjust your predictions at any time until 3:40 PM US Eastern Time on January 24, 2013. Remember, this race is DOUBLE POINTS! If your car gets disqualified from the competition but has won an event, you will not get credit for betting on this car.

Remember: you can talk about the race all you want on this thread, but you may not post what your predictions are on this thread. They must be completely private. If anyone is found to have revealed their exact predictions, they will be disqualified and undergo a 3 race ban (until the Chevrolet GRAND-AM Detroit 200)

Rules update:

All predictions will be posted to this Google Doc.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3185291)   #11
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oops... I'm sorry. Just forgot the link.

Simply click this.
Works now - and btw nice application of Google Docs - all in favour!
Old 6 Jan 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3185678)   #12
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for all the effort Beetle.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3185740)   #13
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Works now - and btw nice application of Google Docs - all in favour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Thanks for all the effort Beetle.
Thank you both! It's appreciated... and my pleasure. I hope to grow this even further!
Old 7 Jan 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3185922)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, I'm in, but with my level of knowledge I'd be more likely to win the Lotto...... Thanks Beetle
Old 8 Jan 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3186245)   #15
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
OK, I'm in, but with my level of knowledge I'd be more likely to win the Lotto...... Thanks Beetle
What, with your knowledge of Grand-Am or how to do the predictions?
Old 8 Jan 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3186338)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My knowledge of Grand-Am - what's Grand-Am.........?

Old 9 Jan 2013, 00:06 (Ref:3186633)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

Im in , but I havent got a clue what to pick ..... so its a lottery for me . Should be fun .
Old 10 Jan 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3187244)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can adjust your predictions at any time until 3:40 PM US Eastern Time on January 24, 2013.

Okay so how exactly do I do that? The "shocking" withdrawal of the Lotus sort of wants me to change my GX picks... whatever they were, can't remember anymore...
Old 10 Jan 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3187327)   #19
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You can adjust your predictions at any time until 3:40 PM US Eastern Time on January 24, 2013.

Okay so how exactly do I do that? The "shocking" withdrawal of the Lotus sort of wants me to change my GX picks... whatever they were, can't remember anymore...
Simply send your predictions in again.
Old 10 Jan 2013, 17:02 (Ref:3187338)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But I can't remember what mine were - I didn't write them down.......
Old 10 Jan 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3187364)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same here... so unless you can check my picks and send them back via PM or something, I don't think I'm gonna bother writing everything down again just because one underpowered, undeveloped, underwhelming car* dediced not to show up after all But what you got is a good system otherwise.

* though since it's more based on the GT4 than the lackluster GT2 model, there could've been some hope for the car - at least until the inevitable arrival of the mechanical gremlins
Old 10 Jan 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3187491)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
But I can't remember what mine were - I didn't write them down.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Same here... so unless you can check my picks and send them back via PM or something, I don't think I'm gonna bother writing everything down again just because one underpowered, undeveloped, underwhelming car* dediced not to show up after all But what you got is a good system otherwise.

* though since it's more based on the GT4 than the lackluster GT2 model, there could've been some hope for the car - at least until the inevitable arrival of the mechanical gremlins
NO, NO, NO!!!!

I've had this posted for ages, and I'll post it again... the link to the spreadsheet for your predictions. This is a different URL, however. I just took the word doc down... no need to rewrite all this. Only I can edit. However, everyone can view!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EZmaGRxZkltUHc
Old 11 Jan 2013, 01:14 (Ref:3187510)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

Nicely done there young man
Old 11 Jan 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3187513)   #24
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Nicely done there young man
Thank you.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3187525)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Just a thought , But I find it more interesting is the team name is also included in the picks ..... cuz I havent gotten a clue about the car numbers , and to keep reverting to the entry list to see what others have picked is a bit of a chore .