Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 May 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1600246)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
feed me videos!!!

heya people,

im looking to make a movie in windows movie maker, i have the lemans 2005 and 2004 DVD reviews ripped onto the hard drive and have made movies from them but i dont want to put them on the web because of copyright and stuff so are there any vids of lemans and sportscar racing that people have on here?

post em up maybe even this could be a lemans video thread were people can post their own videos of sportcar racing
Old 4 May 2006, 06:51 (Ref:1600456)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go to google video and type in FIA GT and Le Mans - you'll find some FIA GT and LMES videos I've taken, with some CER and British GT too.

Will have the camera out again for this weekend, hopefully it'll manage to stay dry!
Old 4 May 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1600613)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Boring Admin note:
Please be careful with copyright here. http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f..._rules_content
If you are doubtful, please don't post it. Thanks

I have been converting some of my old Le Mans 'home' videos to DVD. For three years in the '90s we used to take a video camera. They tend to be baised towards the journey home as we had got the chance to recharge the battery by then!
Old 4 May 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1600731)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...69258813217790

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...222415&pl=true

Click on 'more form this provider'
Old 6 May 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1602013)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have some footage from last year's race which I've turned into my own DVD. OnWhen I have time I may break it down and post it on my site....... (That means some time in 2012, I suspect..... )
Old 8 May 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1603270)   #6
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got some vids from yesterday so I'll upload them to google video when I get the chance
Old 9 May 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1604664)   #7
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have footage from Bathurst 24hr 02/03 and Lemans 04. I am currently uploading these to Google video which will be available tomorrow. They are all small files as I only have dial up connection.
I will post the links when everything is finalised

Cheers

Steve
Old 10 May 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1604982)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are they downloadable from Google video?
Old 10 May 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1605163)   #9
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, you can Dowload from the Google Video site, but the quality isn't the best.
Old 11 May 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1605689)   #10
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
You can now access the footage from video.google. The links are as follows:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...32435126342514
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48148815017816
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08108813593418
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...64504211177064
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22978731932277
It's true it's not the greatest quality, but gives you an idea of whats it's like from the spectators view at Bathurst.
Has anyone made there way to the location at Lemans where the Ferrari footage was taken?
Old 12 May 2006, 05:47 (Ref:1606653)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24
Has anyone made there way to the location at Lemans where the Ferrari footage was taken?

Strictly verboten in all respects. You would certainly run the risk of being called a "very naughty person" by the gendarmerie........
Old 12 May 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1606705)   #12
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Strictly verboten in all respects. You would certainly run the risk of being called a "very naughty person" by the gendarmerie........
Being a Australian tourist in France did help a little. We were approach by one local policeman who was kind enough to take us to the start of mulsanne straight at the edge of the safety rail to enjoy the view and take some pictures of the cars. In return we gave him a t shirt with an aboriginal painting on it! Everyone was happy.
We then moved down to where the Ferrari footage was taken and yes the officer was not very pleased and sent us on our way.We did manage to enjoy the moment for around an hour , but is without doubt the most memorable moments at leman, standing 1-2 metres away from sports cars drag racing at 300km/h. Oh yeah...
Old 12 May 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1606880)   #13
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24
... We were approach by one local policeman who was kind enough to take us to the start of mulsanne straight at the edge of the safety rail to enjoy the view and take some pictures of the cars...
usually, they are kind enough to take you from the edge of the safety rail to ... nowhere you can enjoy
Old 12 May 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1607011)   #14
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
I just happened to met the right people I guess.
I will be back, but not until next year.
I have more footage which I will load up to video.google in the future.
Does anyone have tips on improving the quality of the file without increasing the size by too much?
Old 17 May 2006, 00:06 (Ref:1611992)   #15
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
I just loaded up footage on video.google of mulsanne straight 2004 with 30min's to go. It is the Audi chasing down the Judd V8.
The link is http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...122131&pl=true .

Cheers
Old 17 May 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1612485)   #16
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow that is the kind of footage that i like from the mulsanne, no safety nets in the way and being very close to the cars, how fast were the cars going roughly past you in those videos by the way?, must have been a good 160./170 mph atleast.
Old 18 May 2006, 01:41 (Ref:1613106)   #17
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
It would be somewhere around that speed.
The footage taken from the ferrari clip was from the infield at mulsanne. Don't ask how I made my way to this location, but it was quicker than the location you are questioning. I have a little footage of this, which I will load up soon. The LMP1's which were defiently hitting 200+.
It's good to have people enjoy the footage I have collected.
Cheers
Old 18 May 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1613294)   #18
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,
I was indeed rather naughty last year, and walked up to the Hundaries restaurant at about 2 am...here's the result of sneaking to the ground in front of the restaurant...,

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=711749601&n=2

Its not on google video's , but i've got a bit of footage i took last year from behind the fencing at the Hundaries restaurant, ....the views a bit of a blur...but the noise is great , turn it up!
Old 18 May 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1613375)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Ryder
Hi,
I was indeed rather naughty last year, and walked up to the Hundaries restaurant at about 2 am...here's the result of sneaking to the ground in front of the restaurant...,

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=711749601&n=2

Its not on google video's , but i've got a bit of footage i took last year from behind the fencing at the Hundaries restaurant, ....the views a bit of a blur...but the noise is great , turn it up!
I've done that too in the recent past.......

In 1994, there was literally no-one about in the early evening outside the Shanghai des 24 Heures (still hurts me to say that....) and the Tourists just walked through the restaurant and out of the front door.....

coming up the Mulsanne

F40 stopped outside Restaurant

Toursist watch from armco..

There was just some rather rickety additional fencing above the armco and not a gendarme in sight......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 May 2006 at 11:39.
Old 18 May 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1613653)   #20
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, love the photo looking along the mulsanne, cant think what it was like with just that old fence there....felt scary enough with the large armco version there as a first time 'mulsanne' spectator! Now..what i cant imagine is standing nearer the kink pre-chicane days..wow!
Old 19 May 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1614010)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If I remember rightly, there used to be a building very near there on the outside of the circuit. I remember it well because I was really ill there in 1987 and its still a standing joke amongst the long-standing Tourists about how I destroyed the toilets there...... But I remember getting up to the top of that building (I seem to recall that it wasn't fully built?) and watching from there. You couldn't see the Kink directly but you could see the cars blasting on down the remainder of the straight.

At least I think this is where it was - memory starts to play tricks on you after nearly 20 years......
Old 23 May 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1617156)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I have some videos uploaded from the British GT race at Donington from the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zktGq0uW7Qg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNkOX7-LZZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9SyF8LgXgs

And also an extra video added from FIA GT at Silverstone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY9UPmAroUc
Old 24 May 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1618013)   #23
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These are the motorsport videos I have:

Start of the Silverstone 1000km 2005

Start of the GT3 race 2 at Silverstone 2005

Start of the RAC TT 2006

View at Stowe, RAC TT

View at Club, RAC TT

If anyone wants these as .MOV files, PM me
Old 24 May 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1618167)   #24
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAOw...arch=lemans%20

i just found this, even though it is a bit slow to get started it is a great little video when it gets going go have a looooook
Old 25 May 2006, 06:25 (Ref:1618385)   #25
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Very well directed video... but am I the only one who finds it EXTREMELY annoying when people play music over the top of racing videos?

Also I'm sure there are some old F1 sounds in there...? about 4 and a half mins in...?