Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3550892)   #2201
greeny12
Rookie

greeny12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post

As for saying Lotterer's efforts ended in tears, he wasn't involved in any incident...
You mean apart from:

"...this extends thanks to a drive though penalty for #7 after their clash with the Porsche in the slow zone during the Strakka incident."
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3550893)   #2202
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Does anyone know on which lap of the race Lotterer banged in that fastest lap?

Alkamel only lists what lap in the car it was for Andre (116). Not sure why it does that.
Gotcha covered Simmi, it was lap 337. Alkamel do list this information, but because it only comes up in the hourly classifications you need to have an idea of when it was set in the first place, if you don't want to go through every hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny12 View Post
You mean apart from:

"...this extends thanks to a drive though penalty for #7 after their clash with the Porsche in the slow zone during the Strakka incident."
Quick correction, it was Fassler that barged Tandy in the slow zone, not Lotterer. By the time the incident was investigated and the #7 was penalized, he'd got out and Lotterer was driving.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3550895)   #2203
Chuliandred
Rookie

Chuliandred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone know on which lap of the race Lotterer banged in that fastest lap?

Alkamel only lists what lap in the car it was for Andre (116). Not sure why it does that.
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...After_Race.PDF

There it states Lap 179. But can't proof it right now.

I was quite surprised by Audi struggling to get the tires to work in the night. I would had guessed that they know better. Didn't they test enough? Especially, the Lotterer stint in the night was quite slow. It seemed like Tandy was that fast but it was more the Audis unable to keep their pace up.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:24 (Ref:3550899)   #2204
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You mean apart from:

Which wasn't Andre...
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3550905)   #2205
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Gotcha covered Simmi, it was lap 337. Alkamel do list this information, but because it only comes up in the hourly classifications you need to have an idea of when it was set in the first place, if you don't want to go through every hour.
Thank you sir!

As for the Lotterer non-point. That was hardly a 'banzai move' from Fassler. All the factory P1 drivers (Nissan aside - not sure they were going quick enough) had wild moments in traffic. It's par for the course with closing speeds.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3550913)   #2206
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thank you sir!

As for the Lotterer non-point. That was hardly a 'banzai move' from Fassler. All the factory P1 drivers (Nissan aside - not sure they were going quick enough) had wild moments in traffic. It's par for the course with closing speeds.
I remember seeing it on a replay.
Fassler went from one side to the other of Tandy and then drove along side him in a slow zone on the pit straight (everybody watching silly boy).
To the best of my knowledge the drivers are meant to keep 2 car lengths apart in the slow zones.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 23:32 (Ref:3550960)   #2207
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
At the end of the day audi proved the old adage that being on the ragged edge to compete is not a recipe for success at La Sarthe. They got away with it at both the early WEC races, where the six-hour format did not provide sufficient opportunity for the hyper-aggressive driving and risky overtakes to get punished... but over 24 hours it's a different story.

I remember saying to my mate as we watched the early action that at some point one of Lotterer's banzai efforts would end in tears and so it proved. Same could be argued of the #8 crash, where it looked from the on-board like the red mist of "overtake, overtake, overtake!" had descended. They were very, very lucky boys to still be running after that, let alone in contention for a podium.

Absolutely delighted that Porsche won, it's exactly what Le Mans needed - the race's champion constructor back where it truly belongs.

Roll on 2016!
I just don't agree with this, but yeah roll on 2016.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 05:17 (Ref:3551014)   #2208
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spent 36 hours without sleeping... 12h before the race and 24h for the race itself. Was it worth? Of course.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3551054)   #2209
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Mr Webber has behaved like a true team bloke all year, heaping praise on the team, confirming the strategy was bang on, praising teammates, telling the world the time penalty made no difference to the outcome

Nicely done Mr Webber!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Jun 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3551236)   #2210
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think he's a class bloke, never seen much to make me doubt that including his F1 years when I think he dealt with rubbish that was clearly being thrown at him for quite some time.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 17:04 (Ref:3551237)   #2211
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I remember seeing it on a replay.
Fassler went from one side to the other of Tandy and then drove along side him in a slow zone on the pit straight (everybody watching silly boy).
To the best of my knowledge the drivers are meant to keep 2 car lengths apart in the slow zones.
His penalty was for 'disrespecting the slow zone', so it wasn't a penalty for breaking a specific rule, it was for acting in a way that you really shouldn't inside a zone that's been put in place for safety.

It deserved a penalty, but it wasn't an on the edge, near end of people's lives moment... (he didn't drive through a marshals post).
Old 16 Jun 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3551269)   #2212
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
F1 Driver ALERT! Look away now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Mr Webber has behaved like a true team bloke all year, heaping praise on the team, confirming the strategy was bang on, praising teammates, telling the world the time penalty made no difference to the outcome

Nicely done Mr Webber!
Just for you, here is a shot of him being overwhelmed on the way to his car.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5754.jpg  
Old 16 Jun 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3551274)   #2213
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which makes me think. Was this year a good year?

The winning car was white and had an F1 driver in it. The circuit allowed drivers - including the winner - to exceed the track boundaries. The stewards handed out loads of penalties. Sounds rubbish.

I thought it was excellent.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3551313)   #2214
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I thought it was excellent.
I won't doubt that, but it is an interesting question to ask how this race compares to others of the modern (LMP) era.

The best way I can put it is that while I wouldn't make a film about this year's race, if you asked me to write or commission a book about any race since the turn of the century, this would be the one I would choose. In almost every garage there is a fascinating story that goes beyond the typical trials of getting a car to Le Mans and to the flag.

Yes there are the obvious headline-grabbers, the drivers of the #19 (specifically Tandy & Bamber), the potential record for the #7, Lapierre & KCMG, Jota's near-repeat, Corvette's triumph (and AF Corse's frustration) come to mind. But even beyond that there's plenty to muse upon - the performance of the third cars, Aston unable to win despite their pace advantage, the litany of LMP2 chassis in the run-up to the ACO gutting the class, etc.

There's more than enough to keep you busy right up until June next year...

Last edited by J Jay; 16 Jun 2015 at 20:14.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3551319)   #2215
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
With Eric Hélary working for Eurosport this year.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3551324)   #2216
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes, he bagged the first interview.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3551329)   #2217
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
?..

Yes there are the obvious headline-grabbers, the drivers of the #19 (specifically Tandy & Bamber),
But not the F1 driver.

All the drivers have a great background story and the fact that all are so diverse adds to the story.
Tandy was the star with a couple of near perfect stints that grabbed hold of the race.
However for the book, I think you would be failing to specifically target the other two and their background stories. It would come across as inverse snobbery.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3551333)   #2218
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
However for the book, I think you would be failing to specifically target the other two and their background stories. It would come across as inverse snobbery.
I'm not quite sure I follow. If you mean I would be doing a disservice to not put the same focus on each of the three drivers then I will concede that and admit to being guilty of thinking from too narrow a perspective.

But would you agree that this race in general offers a lot to muse on, even if it wasn't a 24-hour ding-dong? That was what I was trying to get at.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3551336)   #2219
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But not the F1 driver.
All he is saying is that people expect a good performance from an F1 driver, but for a couple of relative unknowns to give the performance they did, is extraordinary.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3551338)   #2220
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I got a perception from missing out one of the winning drivers. Too much listening to RLM

I agree, lots to muse on.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3551342)   #2221
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we are on the subject of RLM. I'm not going to say anything bad about them, because I know a lot of people on here love RLM and they do a great job. However, I watched the WEC feed on the weekend and I was very happy with it. Sure the commentators lacked knowledge, but if you have a sound understanding of the cars and are watching live timing, you don't need to much insight other than a commentary of the race. The good thing was there was not a single ad. I switched over to RLM on 3 or 4 occasions to see how it compares, but even there they had ad's advertising themselves, which got annoying. I turned it off after hearing "radiolemans.com" about 10 times within a minute. Again, not bagging RLM, just saying if I can have a feed with zero ad's, I'll take it.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 01:41 (Ref:3551402)   #2222
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race peaked with a 310k viewers, on FS1. That's the market Nielsen covers, not the full country, mind you(don't remember the percentage now, but I think it's +70%).

On Uk, it peaked with 428k :
https://f1broadcasting.wordpress.com...28000-viewers/

worth reading it, good results

Does anybody knows the numbers on France and Germany, please? I would search for them but I don't speak those languages

Last edited by Artur; 17 Jun 2015 at 01:51.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 01:53 (Ref:3551403)   #2223
hallenstein
Rookie

hallenstein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That's what it looked like; throttle stuck. And shame, indeed.

Edit: Paul looks to be OK. Good news.
anybody find out what really happened there
been searching on the net but no statements/explanations ...
Old 17 Jun 2015, 03:17 (Ref:3551416)   #2224
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Top stuff!

Thanks Adam
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Jun 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3551438)   #2225
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
I turned it off after hearing "radiolemans.com" about 10 times within a minute. Again, not bagging RLM, just saying if I can have a feed with zero ad's, I'll take it.
I had the Youtube feed of RLM going the entire race (much more stable than the radio feed off their website) and I didn't find their adverts intrusive at all. A number of times they used them to swap out the people in the booth, bring in guests and what not as well.

Then again, I suppose living in a country where some of the regular TV-channels run ad-blocks for - and I kid you not - 7-8 minutes, cut movie screenings halfway to show ads + newsblock + ads etc I suppose not even a minute of RLM self-ad will register on the radar for me