Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Apr 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1289345)   #1
mazda
Rookie

mazda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Series times?

Does anyone know where to find timing for the world series by renault? Live timing or anything?
Old 28 Apr 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1289615)   #2
Mac1602
Rookie

Poland
Poland
Mac1602 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.renault-sport.com/en/worl...?csv=10546.csv
Old 28 Apr 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1289624)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting results. Good to see Toccacelo and Gommendy at the sharp end of things, Toccacelo will have a point to prove this weekend I think.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1289677)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
29 cars, some ace teams and good drivers. This could be a cracking series. I've rated Kubica for a while.
Old 29 Apr 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1289951)   #5
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alx Danielsson wrote a little report from yesterday on a swedish forum about him and DAMS in general.

When they started the cars for the training Alx car ran on three cylinders and Pastor Maldonado's car had gearbox problems. It took 1h and 20 minutes to fix the problem on Alx' car and he went out with 30 minutes remaining in the session. The car felt totally weird and he managed 6 flying laps in the first session. Maldonado's car was still being worked on.

The next session Alx had to start on new tires since his one tyre from his scrubbed down set had a big metal piece stuck in it. Now he also had some sort of gearbox problem, and the car refused to shift down and instead pushed the car forward giving it extra speed under braking. After some stays in the pits they managed to sort out the gearbox problem, but now the tyres were too worn right at the time the other team put on their fresh rubber and started setting fast times.

As for Maldonado. Well he got out in the second session to try and catch up a bit. He put the car in the tyrebarrier and pretty much destroyed the front of the car.

Things are looking pretty grim for the DAMS team...
Old 29 Apr 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1290212)   #6
Mac1602
Rookie

Poland
Poland
Mac1602 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica won 2nd friday sesion - 0.6 sec adv

Track is wet now.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1290572)   #7
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard that Alx Danielsson crashed into a slower moving car (Colin Fleming) and broke his leg. Three or four cars were involved in the crash.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1290631)   #8
madmad1
Rookie

Sweden
Stockholm, Sweden
madmad1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALX at hospital

ALX at hospital in Belgium after crash at Zolder. Probably brooken foot.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1290645)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunate for Alx and indeed Colin Fleming, who was stationary at the side of the track at the time with red flags being shown. Full report here.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1290666)   #10
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
From a swedish forum:

"I just spoke to Alx on the phone and he has been dismissed from the hospital. He was in a car and on the way to pick up some crutches. Under the circumstances he is fine but he is upset with the events that unfolded and is very critical against the marshalling - he is of the opinion that double yellow flags should have been waved and that the marshalls should have tried to direct the drivers to the other side of the track - before the hill. THere was no indication whatsoever that there was a stationary car behind the hill."

(note: this is quoted from a guy (JTarnstrom) at the swedish f1bb.com forum. I just copied the message since I didn't want to distort anything from it by writing my own second hand version of the events...)
Old 30 Apr 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1290668)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slower car getting in the way of a flier at Zolder - echoes of Villeneuve's death there.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1290717)   #12
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If yellow flags and even red flags are shown you have to reduce your speed..............well, they didn't. You can see on the first picture that the big impact, which caused the ankle-fracture on Danielson, happened under a red flag!!!!!!!!

More pictures at: http://www.renaudkuppens.be/gallery/btswszolder
Old 30 Apr 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1290725)   #13
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Then, with Colin Fleming (Jenzer Motorsport) at a standstill on the edge of the track, the red flag was shown and the session was brought to a halt. As Alx Danielsson (Dams) pulled over to let another car through, he was unable to avoid American driver on the exit to the bend, resulting in a collision. Just a few seconds later, Stefano Proetto (Interwetten.com) himself ran into the two other cars. The medical team came to Alx Danielsson's assistance and he was taken to hospital with a broken ankle.

http://www.renault-sport.com/en/worl...ews=10700.html
Cause he didn't slow down..............don't know where Danielsson got his license but the meaning of a red flag seems strange to him. Learn the rules before you say something Alex! You and Proetto made a big mistake......no one else
Old 30 Apr 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1290752)   #14
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better stop all this before something wrong is said !!!!
I know what happened, but as an Observer I cannot and may not explain what happened.
All stories are part right, but none correct.
Renault's own Racecontrol is a shambles, I asked for a practice stoppage within seconds (after A driver stopped on the track on top of the brow in a blind spot), but nothing happened.
Yellows were out, for a "longer" time, Alx crashed into the car under yellows, the third one crashed under reds and yellows.

NUFF SAID.

Oh, had one hell of an argument with Racecontrol and handed my licence in. I do not work with insane people.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1290754)   #15
formule3000
Rookie

France
France
formule3000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dams' report :

Alx DANIELSSON was involved in a major crash in today’s 1st qualifying after he hit a car stopped on the track in a place without visibility. The circumstances of the crash have not been determined yet, it seems that DANIELSSON could not avoid the contact with Colin FLEMING’s car. However, the biggest shock happened when PROETTO arrived soon after at high speed and hit the 2 cars. DANIELSSON was shocked after the crash but he is now OK and should recover in a few weeks.

He has been examined by the medical staff at the hospital of GENK, and their diagnosis reports a hairline fracture in the ankle bone which does not requires surgery. All the other tests that were carried out did not reveal any other injuries. At the moment, a precise recovery time for the ankle is not certain but it is obviously confirmed that DANIELSSON will not race tomorrow.

Old 1 May 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1291059)   #16
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RACE TWO SPOILER BELOW!!!

Safety car out at Zolder at the moment... Does anyone know the reason? The commentator here hasn't gotten any info about.

And now the safety car SPINS! LOL!
Old 1 May 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1291065)   #17
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HUGE crash, one car clipped another and flipped at very high speed

red flag out
Old 1 May 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1291069)   #18
mazda
Rookie

mazda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
know anymore about this??
Old 1 May 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1291072)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda
know anymore about this??
Not yet, and the TV-broadcast I had just left Zolder. The second car involved ended up on the tire-barrier - the one that flipped most likely flipped out of the track
Old 1 May 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1291074)   #20
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Oh, that sounds bad...

I hope everyone involved are ok..
Old 1 May 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1291079)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This sounds absolutely horrific
Old 1 May 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1291088)   #22
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank god it ended in a section where no spectators are near and it's about 10 meters from where the medical centre + helicopter are.
Old 1 May 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1291090)   #23
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Shunt the Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Giovanni Tedeschi who jumped over Matteo Meneghello. I contacted Blanca de Foronda, WS's press officer, and she told me that both drivers were allright !

That's a miracle !
Old 1 May 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1291091)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Thank god for that.

I was seriously worried there!
Old 1 May 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1291092)   #25
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunt the Hunt
It was Giovanni Tedeschi who jumped over Matteo Meneghello. I contacted Blanca de Foronda, WS's press officer, and she told me that both drivers were allright !

That's a miracle !
If indeed accurate (the lack of information right now is rather disturbing), that is great news!