Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jan 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2380710)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
2009 Grand Prix Calendar

The FIA have released the official calendar for 2009.It would be a good idea to 'bookmark' it.Or perhaps make it a 'sticky'.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...ap_info09.aspx
Old 27 Jan 2009, 16:35 (Ref:2380728)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe.No change from previously published info,though I've never seen a list of start line offsets before..
Old 27 Jan 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2380745)   #3
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surely some of the start times are wrong
Old 27 Jan 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2380750)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
surely some of the start times are wrong
For example (remembering that they are local times) ?
Old 27 Jan 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2380760)   #5
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
true

i misread what they meant - i read it as the times are to the viewers local time

my brain is just dead atm
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2380902)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The Malaysian GP was supposed to be a night race this season,but it looks like some sort of a compromise has been reached because the start time has been moved back to 5PM in line with the Australian GP.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2380920)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1 month between The Hungarian and European rounds? is there any talk of an additional race beng fit in there. iirc, the summer break has never been longer than 3 weeks.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2380928)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I think it has something to do with the 'six week holiday rule' that all teams must now take (?)
Old 27 Jan 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2380964)   #9
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It follows - I believe the arrangement is 4 weeks off in the summer and a fortnight off at Christmas.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2381213)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The thing I like most is China being so near the start of the year. I have a serious dislike for that track, so getting it out of the way quickly is a blessing. Otherwise, well, it is run of the mill. It'd be better if we could have Brazil as the final race, but life goes on.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2381221)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bloody hell! So not only have we got to put up with all them screaming kids on the beach, we're now going to get flooded by resting F1 team personnel!