Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 18 May 2000, 16:23 (Ref:6183)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Hi guys long time no chat ..2 days a year I put everything aside and concentrate solely on motorsport.
1 is the Bathurst 1000 race here in Oz for touring cars but the other is coming up fast
I take a week off work the following week to recover from my one day which believe me is very much needed but this is how this special day for me will go.

10am stumble out of bed (I work nights so this is early for me)

10am - 1pm : after setting my VCR the night before I will watch tape of Busch grand national race on cable which should have just finished ..cheering for Casey Attwood.

1pm - 2pm : free to air station usually have highlights of the latest world rally for an hour...go Michael Guest.

2pm - 3pm : same channel have a show called RPM for an hour on news in racing from all around the world.

3pm - 5pm : same channel again usually have a show called "trackside" all the support classes from the Aussie V8 series get shown one week after the V8 race.
also at the same time tape South American F3 on cable which goes for 1 hour.

5pm - 6pm : turn to another free to air station and watch "speedweek" which is racing for basically club cars in Australia usually a good spectacle.

6pm - 7pm : rewind tape and watch F3 that was on about 2 hours ago.

7pm - 12 midnight : Italian motorbike Gp's are live on cable..just love bike racing but Im not allowed to have one

12 midnight - 1.30am : fiddle around a bit ..maybe net time or playstation plus mandatory shower to freshen up. chuck down 1 large pizza for energy.

1.30am - 5 or 6am : LIVE INDY 500 on cable.
this is the jewel in the crown to me and have watched it every year for the last 10 years. I just love INDY. GO BUDDY !!!

washed down with endless amounts of alcohol and potato chips and Im usually a babling mess by this time and think what a great effort Alex Criville did in winning the latest world rally round in a formula ford at Indianapolis while commentating on a Formula three race at Wakefield park in Goulburn before stealing a Daewoo Lanos to drive over to the RPM studio to be interigated by Barry Sheene....PHEW !!!

after that im ready for bed and one week later Im usually recovered enough to continue back at work.

so thats my day planned and I wouldnt have it any other way..I really look forward to my 2 days a year and carnt wait for it to arrive...how are you guys spending the Indy 500 day ??

Old 18 May 2000, 17:51 (Ref:6184)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Indy 500 is held on our Memorial Day holiday, set aside to honor those who have fallen in battle for our country. Saturday I'll tune in and watch the CART race and Sunday will be reserved for the Winston Cup race and then the Indy 500. Got a nice thick T-bone steak in the icebox for Sunday. Monday, I'll probably do nothing. Then its back to work.
Old 18 May 2000, 22:12 (Ref:6185)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thsi year with a llittle help i might be able to rid the rest of the family from the house and have all of the boys over...but knowing my luck, it would be a wash out
Old 19 May 2000, 15:01 (Ref:6186)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Oh gee ...I forgot about Nazareth ..thanks for reminding me KC...how far is Indy from Nazareth ????...just interested in how far the Ganassi boys have to travel and if it will have any effect on them at Indy
Old 19 May 2000, 22:50 (Ref:6187)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
None, gotta remember a heap of drivers in the past have gone from the 500 to the World 600 in the same afternoon. They would be differnt set up, would only have to move some people.
Old 20 May 2000, 04:36 (Ref:6188)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yes I know that a few have done indy and then off to Nascar land ..but i bet they havent done well in either race because of this...but what im getting at is the mind set of the drivers...running at Nazareth but possibly thinking about indy instead and this could be a bad move..especially for Montoya who seems a volatile chap anyway but possibly a long plane ride I dont know may have some effect on them

either way Im set for a top weekend
Old 20 May 2000, 06:58 (Ref:6189)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Agree to that
Old 27 May 2000, 03:57 (Ref:6190)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
HERE WE GO MY WEEKEND BEGINS...YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!