Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: re are you staying/camping this year
Houx 3 6.98%
Iertre rouge 4 9.30%
Houx Annex 1 2.33%
Clos fleuri 0 0%
Beausejour 9 20.93%
Garage Vert 0 0%
Epinettes 6 13.95%
Hippodrome 1 2.33%
Arnage 0 0%
Mulsanne 0 0%
Pistonheads blue nord 0 0%
Off site camping 1 2.33%
porsche curves 2 4.65%
i am a local staying in my own bed 0 0%
staying in car park 0 0%
Staying in hotel/B & B 6 13.95%
Marshals campsite 1 2.33%
Other ? 3 6.98%
staying with team hospitality 0 0%
Watching from home on tv 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Apr 2023, 19:55 (Ref:4150341)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting closer, France this year but in August not June and Normandy not Le Mans so close but....
Old 3 Apr 2023, 20:47 (Ref:4150350)   #27
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Getting closer, France this year but in August not June and Normandy not Le Mans so close but....
So where will YOU be for Le Mans?
Old 6 Apr 2023, 06:51 (Ref:4150578)   #28
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I marked P Curves but I think we are between there and BSJ. Listed as Camp Karting South on their website. I'll be learning new things about the Danish Can't wait.
Old 6 Apr 2023, 11:16 (Ref:4150608)   #29
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honestly, not sure yet. But, I do have tickets, so I will be there somewhere.
Old 6 Apr 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4150638)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Well when you do find out where you will be let us know and try to make it to the meet on saturday and say hello to everyone
Old 9 Apr 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4150891)   #31
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, strange to be writing this (again), but I will be in front of the telly, rubbing the wife's feet, while hoping our baby girl will wait a few more weeks for her arrival .
Old 12 Apr 2023, 18:07 (Ref:4151251)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
still loads of peop;e who i know will be going in June who have yet to fill this in. Come on you must know where you are going to be staying by now
Old 13 Apr 2023, 08:28 (Ref:4151302)   #33
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As has become the tradition over recent years, we will be staying in our usual hotel in the main but also have a Mulsanne camping pass to set up our group hospitality zone for the week, and will actually camp over race night!
Old 14 Apr 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4151534)   #34
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Staying a ten minute walk from circuit entrance with the charming French couple i've roomed with since 2001.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4152343)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Come on folks plenty of people have posted recently that have not filled this in yet.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4152630)   #36
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
forgot to fill this poll

beausejour for us this year, arriving fri 2
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4152657)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
were you unable to get the usual this year bernard
Old 24 Apr 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4152838)   #38
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
were you unable to get the usual this year bernard
I just could'nt get tickets
Old 25 Apr 2023, 06:34 (Ref:4152879)   #39
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
I just could'nt get tickets
We are in the same boat Bernard. Ler's make the best of it and bring our walkingshoes. It is hard to figure out what is a good spot on BSJ.Arriving on June 2.
Old 25 Apr 2023, 12:34 (Ref:4152922)   #40
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Would anyone have spare camping tickets anywhere?
Old 25 Apr 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4152931)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hard to find Claire. As nothing is really coming up here or on eBay, PH is your best bet.
Old 3 May 2023, 07:19 (Ref:4154282)   #42
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Got into an BnB in Le Mans. I'll leave the camping experience to my next trip
Old 3 May 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4154283)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Got into an BnB in Le Mans. I'll leave the camping experience to my next trip
Or just leave it......
Old 3 May 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4154287)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Or just leave it......
Weknow you hate Camping Andrew but for most of us camping at the circuit is part of the experience
Old 3 May 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4154308)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah but I've experienced camping (not at Le Mans, I admit). I just make the point that camping isn't obligatory to enjoy Le Mans....
Old 3 May 2023, 19:57 (Ref:4154385)   #46
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
IMHO if you’re not camping you’re missing out on a tremendous amount of the experience.

I’ve always said, if someone offered me an exceptional hotel for free in Le Mans during race week I would gracefully turn it down in favor of paying for camping. As I said, I’d feel like I was missing way too much.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 4 May 2023, 06:45 (Ref:4154421)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
IMHO if you’re not camping you’re missing out on a tremendous amount of the experience.

I’ve always said, if someone offered me an exceptional hotel for free in Le Mans during race week I would gracefully turn it down in favor of paying for camping. As I said, I’d feel like I was missing way too much.

Your mileage may vary.
It definitely does. I'm very happy with my arrangements.
Old 5 May 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4154611)   #48
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Each to their own flavour, as they say across the Channel.

There's plenty of 'wrong' hotel and BnB accommodation that is probably closer to the action than some of the official campsites.

Also, there are many campers that only arrive shortly before the race, therefore missing out on several days worth of action that some hotel guests have been enjoying.

I will say that the quality of the campsite facilities these days and things like pop-up tents and Easy-Up gazebos make camping less of an ordeal than it perhaps was in the previous century.
Old 5 May 2023, 14:08 (Ref:4154613)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It most certainly is better than when i started in the early eighties, we never had hot showers and decent loos when i started and rather than 4 people in a tent and one bunzen burner. These days have fridges, power, good cooking facilities, a tent each, large gazebo, good chairs, tables music/radio le mans and after all these years usually know all our nieghbours by name. Civilised to say the least
Old 10 May 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4155358)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Still only 35 people and only 32 actually going? come on people let us know where you will be in 4 weeks