Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3218781)   #2326
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
good to see you back, maybe ? been browsing anonymously? no activity since the 'outage'?

shame the post was deleted, i tried to thank Nigel for posting series points, as he said he would when he came a cropper, so will thank you instead.
good effort, made up for a mundane race event.
Simply been busy.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3218783)   #2327
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hasn't exactly been much comment on here to respond to, either. More like rational discussion at times, even...
Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3218787)   #2328
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Hasn't exactly been much comment on here to respond to, either. More like rational discussion at times, even...
pleasant change for for all the innuendo posted on here, even if it is still heavily censured !
Old 15 Mar 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3218788)   #2329
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
Simply been busy.
good too see. gone from multiple posts per day, to no activity for a month, family must appreciate the extra time you have spent with them , aye.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3218893)   #2330
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just a reminder, please stick to the topic. If you start talking about each other again it WILL be deleted.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3219054)   #2331
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Just a reminder, please stick to the topic. If you start talking about each other again it WILL be deleted.
Hi Woolley,

Glad to see you taking such a proactive stance.

Mark.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3220336)   #2332
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Then best the Aucklanders get together and make it happen as that is where the head sheds are located
That you’re comfortable leaving someone else to fix (or not fix) your problem suggests that you’re not overly bothered by that problem....
Old 18 Mar 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3220347)   #2333
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
That you’re comfortable leaving someone else to fix (or not fix) your problem suggests that you’re not overly bothered by that problem....
The chances of getting some of the senior staff of an Auckland based operation out to Timaru International Motor Raceway which is a tad over 1200km from Auckand is a little less likely that the chances of getting them out to Pukekohe or Hampton Downs both of which are in the local neighbourhood
Old 18 Mar 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3220689)   #2334
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
The chances of getting some of the senior staff of an Auckland based operation out to Timaru International Motor Raceway which is a tad over 1200km from Auckand is a little less likely that the chances of getting them out to Pukekohe or Hampton Downs both of which are in the local neighbourhood
The chances of getting a senior staffer of an Auckland based operation, who's not particualrly interested in Motorsport out to Puke are a hell of a lot slimmer than the chances of getting them to take a lovely weekend junket to the South Island...

Ever noticed that the Coast to Coast seems to get a bit more attention than it probably deserves?

But hey, you've indentified the problem yourself (and you're bang on), take the insight or make excuses... your end result will be what it will be....
Old 18 Mar 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3220734)   #2335
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting more exposure in media will require a co-ordinated approach by all concerned, category management, circuits, organisers and dare I suggest MSNZ.

A plan, nationwide, needs to be put together and managed.

Indivdual and local iniatives will remain just that......local
Old 18 Mar 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3220736)   #2336
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting more exposure in media will require a co-ordinated approach by all concerned, category management, circuits, organisers and dare I suggest MSNZ.

A plan, nationwide, needs to be put together and managed.

Indivdual and local iniatives will remain just that......local
Old 20 Mar 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3221561)   #2337
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
John McIntyre to run in NZV8s for Supercar meeting
Wednesday 20th March, 2013 5:00pm
Author: SpeedCafe ©

Three-times NZV8 champion John McIntyre will temporarily defect from the V8 SuperTourer series in a shock move ahead of Pukekohe next month.

McIntyre, who was one of many high profile racers to make the switch to the V8 SuperTourers Championship last year, will race the Falcon that took him to his final NZV8 title in 2011.

After beginning their Championship with small fields, NZV8s have generated some decent numbers for the V8 Supercars return meeting to Pukekohe from April 12-14.

The meeting acts as NZV8s fifth and final round with Jason Bargwanna leading the TLX category in his Tulloch Commodore while AJ Lauder (Falcon) leads the TL class.

The TL section is where McIntyre will make his reappearance which is reversed for the older specification tourers.

“It’s just too good an opportunity. It’s the biggest sporting event of the year and it’s nice to be in a position where we can actually be part of it,” McIntyre said.

“That car was built for the 2008-09 championship so it did three championships.

“It finished second twice and then won the final one. I’ve certainly got fond memories of that car and I’m very much looking forward to driving it again.”

McIntyre won 60 races during his long career in NZV8s where he set up and managed his own team before setting up in the V8ST.

“We’d definitely love to win the TL section if we could,” McIntyre said.

McIntyre, like Puke V8 Supercars ambassador Greg Murphy, is impressed with the $6.6 million upgrades to the historic south Auckland circuit.

“One of the really good things is that they’ve changed the kerbing at turn two, which is where a lot of us have cut tyres,” he said.

“In my last NZV8s race there at Pukekohe I ended up in the wall myself. My car’s been into the wall twice, all because of cutting tyres on turn two.”

Teams face the tight schedule of having 20 minutes to test their cars on the revised track – which includes two new corners – before qualifying starts.

“It’s very much about having the car well prepared and having the right mind-set to attack the new corners,” McIntyre said.

“Turn five off the back straight looks very fast. It will be one of those corners where you go in very, very fast and come out slow, or go in a little slower and come out fast.

“I think it’s going to have the opportunity to bunch the cars up a bit more, which is a good thing for the fans.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3221852)   #2338
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2 years later.. now we've got a full field of NZV8s

about bloody time!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3221854)   #2339
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I 2nd that promax. One might think that Johnny could be a marked man...?
And finally all the TLX cars will be on track, albeit 5 of them.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3221888)   #2340
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
There might be a few more of the Challenge Cup guys show up too, since all the TL boys are basically part of the same class - there's just not a lot of them that consider it worthwhile to travel to the South Island, either in CC or NZV8 guise.

Wonder what's happened to all the other old TL's, like Boothy's and Manuel's?
Old 20 Mar 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3221972)   #2341
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
I 2nd that promax. One might think that Johnny could be a marked man...?
so he should be john and his team were the benchmark in the class before the split. should be interesting to see how quick he is.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3221997)   #2342
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I always said that ego's would get the better of some.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3222008)   #2343
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
nothing quite like rewarding your loyal sponsors with a day out in front of the biggest crowds for the season.........
pretty sure most of this years runners in nzv8 will be left somewhat wanting.....
Old 20 Mar 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3222013)   #2344
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
nothing quite like rewarding your loyal sponsors with a day out in front of the biggest crowds for the season.........
pretty sure most of this years runners in nzv8 will be left somewhat wanting.....
Yes if they have that reverse grid Pit Stop thing maybe Outright win as per Manfeild in February, and with a bigger field will make it harder for the faster cars to get through.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3222014)   #2345
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I was thinking that some of the ST boys might want to do the same, dust off their old TL's, paint them in current ST sponsorship scheme (including the ST stickers on the bonnet) and then get out there and race too - good exposure for the sponsors and would make for a big field.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3222015)   #2346
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Sidewayz;3221854]I 2nd that promax. One might think that Johnny could be a marked man...?

They would have to catch him first. If you look at the gap between the newer to older cars is around 4sec, and say Johnny runs 1/2 seconds faster than the current pace of the TL field it could be pretty interesting indeed.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3222029)   #2347
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
well hopefully egos are starting to be put to one side.. and everyone learns and moves on from all this bs from the past few years.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3222037)   #2348
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
well hopefully egos are starting to be put to one side.. and everyone learns and moves on from all this bs from the past few years.
i going to have to agree with you on that!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3222050)   #2349
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Me too PM!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3222182)   #2350
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
so he should be john and his team were the benchmark in the class before the split. should be interesting to see how quick he is.
I would have thought quite a bit quicker than the TL's being run currently, but I think you know that, don't you.

One previous NZV8 regular turned up at a round recently for a one-off appearance (because he could) and dusted them.