Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Jan 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1195517)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ben bostrom confirmed....

from www.formula-xtreme.com.au

According to reports from the USA based Cycle News mag, Ben Bostrom has signed to ride in the Renegade Honda squad for the 2005 World Superbike Championship.
Renegade team boss Mark Griffiths confirmed the much-rumored deal to Cycle News, commenting that the team would be based in Bologna, Italy and that the majority of Bostroms previous team from the L&M Ducati era would be their to support the American.

The team will race Honda's new CBR1000RR engine and development work will be done in the UK by Chris Mayhew.

The Qatar tests take place on February 19-20th, with a Saturday race on the 26th. There is also the final official SBK/Pirelli test on March 12-13th at Valencia in Spain.

are renegade & or kliaffi running 2 bikes
Old 8 Jan 2005, 03:51 (Ref:1195681)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news. I always enjoyed watching BB competing in WSBK, especially during the the 5 win streak he had in 2001.
Old 8 Jan 2005, 04:48 (Ref:1195698)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
great to have him back.

i was dissapointed when he went back home as he totally deserves a full time international ride.

welcome back ben
Old 9 Jan 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1196619)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When he wnet home at the end of 2002 he was off-form and seemingly under-motivated,a dn judging by his AMA results in recent years that may not have changed. That 5-race streak was quite circusmtantial and makes him look better than he really is. It'll be interesting to see how Klaffi, Ten Kate and Renegade are matched in 2005, especially if the Hodna does prove to be the calss of the field as expected.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1197107)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He really is a bit of an enigma is Ben isnt he, how can someone ride so well on a bike then just be hopelessly off the pace and get beaten by a year older bike ridden by Hodge the next year.
Also do you remember the time he left the works team to ride for NCR and was much much quicker! He blamed the Michelins but he was still riding on them on the NCR bike. ALso wasn't his bird at the time a bit weird and was forcing him to do stuf he didnt like!
Can't fault his pace though really, despite everything he was very quick mindeed on occasion but the last few years he has been average and been beatne by all his team mates on teh same bike. Not good enough for me and I think he will struggle at Renegade to get podiums let alone wins
Old 10 Jan 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1197171)   #6
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame there won't be a US race for Ben to entertain his home crowd at. He's undoubtedly popular in the US, but there are still doubts about his consistancy and motivation. Haga seemingly wasn't available to Renegade this year, so Ben might've been their best option, but it still seems like a step down from their 2004 lineup, at a time when the rival field will be so much stronger.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1197941)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who is Bens tea mate gonna be then? Must have read it somwehere to be honest but with all the otehr stuff spinning round I have forgotten!
Also it appears that Erion have signed Kurtis Roberts for AMA so Ben really didnt have an option of staying in the US unless he wsitched manufacturers. DOesnt his career remind you of Goberts a little in that he keeps switching series and bikes because of a lack of form! Ok form wasnt the problem with Anthony but he never seemed able to stay somewhere very long!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1198005)   #8
barathieu gerar
Rookie

barathieu gerar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ben brostrom

whas he apparented with the swedish pilot in the 70ths Richard BROSTROM
Old 11 Jan 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1198015)   #9
goughy
Racer

goughy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acording to crash.net its a one bike team. BB seemed to be there or there abouts in the US this year and took a victory. 6 wins in the world's shows there is a huge talent there. I'm sure he is just one of those guys that needs to be in the right enviroment and with Renegade I'm sure they can give him a good shot at some race wins. I think this is great news for the WSBK along with Haga and Abe confirmed 2005 should be mega competitive.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1198093)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At oen point Mark Griffiths was talking in terms of having South African backing, and a second rider form South Africa, but I'm not sure if that's still in the pipeline. Only one bike's been announced so far, but a second entry is surely still possible.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1198777)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I gotta say I hope he falls flat on his face, never been a Bostrom fan, I think he is one of the most over hyped riders to have been across the water in recent years and is only geting rides coz of his name, for goodness sake he was getting beat up by a rookie on superbikes and a 41 year old veteran on the same bike last year!
Typical Griffiths aswell by the way, "Money cant buy you titles" It can help but you need a lot of other things too
Old 13 Jan 2005, 07:39 (Ref:1199589)   #12
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't care how good he still is its good to see an old face back.It can get a bit tiresome to see the riders not sticking around for whatever reason and besides I still think he will at least win races this year.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1199880)   #13
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are plenty of riders I'd sooner have back in teh series than Ben, who left because he was off-form and short of confidence, not because he got a better offer elsewhere. The field's going to be the best in years in 2005 and I can see him struggling to match the other Honda riders.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1200671)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Exactly, he is the Barros of world superbike!
Seriously though I hope he can get on OK and get on with the Pirellis as he has never ridden on them before.
U kind of think he will coz teh Slipirellis might suit his barely reformed flat track style, but if Toseland is anything to go by it is gonna take some work from him and dedication and I did not see a lot of that in his later WSB days and indeed on his return to AMA.
But he is a winner and fair play to Griffiths for setting himslef up for a pasting if it goes wrong!
Old 14 Jan 2005, 23:23 (Ref:1201277)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
pity ben dont have a team-mate.... we will see how he goes compared to frankie chilli's young german team-mate
i hope ben is one of 10 riders that is fighting for wins in wsbk this year
Old 7 Feb 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1219865)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think he might win but it depends on the bike aswell as Ben, not too sure how good Renegades bikes will be, is gonna be interesting this year to see if Klaffi,Renegade and Birdy's team in the UK can get anything like the speed out of the bikes that Ten Kate and HM Plant Honda did.
No news yet on Ben's team mate either, or are they running a one man show like LM Ducati did with Ben in WSB, think that is a bad idea as if he is naff they can only get results with him!
Old 8 Feb 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1219906)   #17
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there will be no news on Ben's team mate, because Griffiths said a long while ago, that there will be NO second rider in his team this year