Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2133119)   #376
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
Probably going to be a works car (ran by AMR themselves), just entered as Vitaphone.
Maybe, but I would have expected a 00 number if that were the case, like Larbre last year. 008 (I think) was effectively a 3rd AMR/Prodrive car having been built for the event.

The Pheonix car is for sale, plus an unraced car, plus there are the two used by Larbre, plus (probably) the two BMS cars. So there are plenty of DBR9's around! I just hope they get Prodrive to update one of the older cars to current spec or ,indeed, borrow 008 from last year. I doubt they would use one of the JetAlliance cars as they have a FIA GT race the following weekend.

So,no, green Aston's this year then!
Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2133123)   #377
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
As far as I know CR Scuderia didn't put an entry in. As for Scuderia Ecosse haven't they got in on the back of on FIA GT entires for the last few years?
I have the impression that in GT1/2 ACO gives priority to LMS teams.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2133128)   #378
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Mugen's pretty much break within 12 hours or the drivers crash as they can't see the road from the scale of vibration in the engine. The #22 has struggled to achieve a 50% finishing record over six hours let alone twelve or 24.
I just noticed that the Courage-Mugen has a 3997 cc displacement according to the list. In 2006 the factory Courage team used a 4.5 liter Mugen. So this is the older Mugen V8. Even more screaming and shaking apart.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2133130)   #379
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I have the impression that in GT1/2 ACO gives priority to LMS teams.
I would agree with that, most of the entries in GT2 seem to have come from either the LMS or ALMS.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2133167)   #380
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a shame there are only three Porsche in GT2. The Ferrari 430 has become efficient enough. The proportions were inverted before.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 09:45 (Ref:2133174)   #381
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
As far as I know CR Scuderia didn't put an entry in. As for Scuderia Ecosse haven't they got in on the back of on FIA GT entires for the last few years?
Has there been any news of Scuderia Ecosse plans since Niarchos jumped ship to set up CR Scuderia?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2133255)   #382
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Has there been any news of Scuderia Ecosse plans since Niarchos jumped ship to set up CR Scuderia?
Feb 15th they issued a press release pre-announcing their plans for 2008 (talks about driverS, sponsorS and carS with no specifics)
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2133276)   #383
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I thought i read in a thread that Mullen-Kirkaldy had joined Ecosse after supposedly signing for CR a few weeks back ?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2133295)   #384
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
It's a shame there are only three Porsche in GT2. The Ferrari 430 has become efficient enough. The proportions were inverted before.
You're right about the proportions,however there'll be four Porsche GT3 teams my friend,not three. So all is not lost AND we have the Spykers which'll be a serious bit faster then the previous model.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2133297)   #385
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would agree with that, most of the entries in GT2 seem to have come from either the LMS or ALMS.
Did OTHER GT2 teams even apply?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2133338)   #386
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I thought i read in a thread that Mullen-Kirkaldy had joined Ecosse after supposedly signing for CR a few weeks back ?
does not look like it

http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/02/...at-snetterton/
Old 20 Feb 2008, 14:00 (Ref:2133355)   #387
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

@ prototype:
Why are you ripping on Alex Yoong? The RfH Dome was already trashed before he crashed it in 2007.

2006. Jan Lammers chalked it up to driver error in the RFH Dome. Now I have heard accounts of the throttle sticking. I guess we will never know the truth, but we will never forget his formula 1 experience. Always beaten by his teammate in the Minardi.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2133410)   #388
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
2006. Jan Lammers chalked it up to driver error in the RFH Dome. Now I have heard accounts of the throttle sticking. I guess we will never know the truth, but we will never forget his formula 1 experience. Always beaten by his teammate in the Minardi.
Some drivers suck at F1 and excel at sportscars.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2133447)   #389
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Creation always said that 2007 was a development year and the improvement was there to see. To have a second entry that ranks behind teams that are either: 1) unknown, 2) have no experience in the class in which the will be running, 3) have yet to turn a wheel with an unknown/untried car, 4) have yet to race a car or 5) all four above, must be galling . I only hope they get through this disappointment and not decide to do something drastic as I would imagine both the team's owners and their Japanese sponsor/engine development partner must be absolutely livid.
Creation, IMO, constantly bite off more than they can chew.

They've yet to prove they can run a competitive car at Le Mans, nevermind two, plus support, I assume, for a customer.

Has a Creation ever been running competitively at the halfway mark?

They ran one car last year and gradually improved. Running two cars in the LMS, supporting their ALMS customer, and running a single factory entry at Le Mans, plus backing a privateer, may be a blessing in disguise.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2133489)   #390
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
They've yet to prove they can run a competitive car at Le Mans

Has a Creation ever been running competitively at the halfway mark?

Running sixth overall at roughly the 18 hour in their first outing and getting third fastest lap of the race?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2133508)   #391
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Some drivers suck at F1 and excel at sportscars.
And some suck at both...

The dutch will never forgive him for crashing a perfectly placed RfH Dome.
The boy had never even driven in nightconditions before he entered Le Mans and the way he crashed it was,wel,classical really. In the deep of the night,shortly after he got behind the wheel...
Old 20 Feb 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2133523)   #392
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Thats right, I forgot about his attitude in 2006.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2133524)   #393
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Din any Panoz's apply this year?

I know we don't know for sure.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2133623)   #394
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
Din any Panoz's apply this year?

I know we don't know for sure.
I seriously doubt it, LNT would have probably gotten a place given their track record. PTG might have applied....but I doubt it.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 00:08 (Ref:2133761)   #395
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I reckon its going to be a works supported car , no lack of wedge and guys who know what their doing .
no

no

no

why would bartels do that? he runs a quality shop, that to me looks BETTER than the works astons- his team is second to none in sportscar racing. Their garage at Spa was simply mind blowing, and they are devistatingly efficient. I reckon they'll rent one, test the nuts off it, know it inside out, and then...who knows, they might even win it.

And who ever said maserati swap for aston p1, that's not a bad shout though.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2133769)   #396
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Corvette to have same driver line-ups as last year: http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...FS=ALMS-LEMANS

I wonder, did Carsport Holland apply? Would have made a very strong entry! Especially since they blew LAA away at Spa 24!!

DK
Old 23 Feb 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2135726)   #397
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
projectlemans.de

The vitaphone DBR9 is a works car from AMR.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2135881)   #398
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
AMR is going to have a huge presence at Le Mans this year. Gulf cars, Vitaphone car, The P1 coupe.

They may have more staff than Audi there.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 00:49 (Ref:2136217)   #399
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vitaphone have approached Prodrive about a factory car for Le Mans.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 01:38 (Ref:2136232)   #400
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is it vitaphone using an Aston Martin works car or Aston Martin works team using vitaphone's entry or a bit of both?