Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4114160)   #1141
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
Is the ACO Tribune 17 reserved seating or first-come-first served free?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4114167)   #1142
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reserved afiak. I'm in the club room now but no access to the tribune.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4114168)   #1143
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
There was no-one guarding the door 5 mins ago!
Old 13 Jun 2022, 19:33 (Ref:4115443)   #1144
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Anyone know the dates for 2023 yet?
Old 13 Jun 2022, 19:38 (Ref:4115444)   #1145
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Anyone know the dates for 2023 yet?
June 10/11 was quoted yesterday on RLM together with a warning that all the local hotels are booked up already ... or perhaps that should be agencies have reserved many rooms ... for the centenary.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4115639)   #1146
Aysedasi
Back at Le Mans!
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Reserved afiak. I'm in the club room now but no access to the tribune.
Definitely reserved numbered seats for the race. Access for members only during practice and qually when you can sit anywhere you like in the stand.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4115641)   #1147
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Definitely reserved numbered seats for the race. Access for members only during practice and qually when you can sit anywhere you like in the stand.
And in practice once the first hour or so has gone in practice you can sit anywhere in the stand.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4115846)   #1148
Aysedasi
Back at Le Mans!
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
And in practice once the first hour or so has gone in practice you can sit anywhere in the stand.
Yep, in fact, I had no difficulty in sitting at the top of the stand from the start of practice.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 07:42 (Ref:4115847)   #1149
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, in fact, I had no difficulty in sitting at the top of the stand from the start of practice.
And in the race too ... confused myself there !
Old 16 Jun 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4115881)   #1150
Aysedasi
Back at Le Mans!
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
And in the race too ... confused myself there !
Yes indeed, when we went back to the stand both late on Saturday night and from about 11 am on Sunday morning, I had no difficulty again sitting at the top, only having to move about 2 hours from the end of the race.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4117418)   #1151
Aysedasi
Back at Le Mans!
20KPINAL

England
As noted by Peter in the 2023 'Who is Going' thread. Worth noting.

Quote:
Don't forget we also need a ETIAS waiver next year. https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-requirements
Old 29 Jun 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4117488)   #1152
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure if anything has been posted about campsites and bookings, so here goes:

When booking through the ACO or via another agency, do they allocate a certain amount of space for the pitch? If so do they base it on tent capacity or people? I'm looking at a bigger tent for next year and although I'll be camping alone I'll probably take a 4man tent.

I ask because Travel Destinations gave me half a pitch and only charged me for one person this year. But I only had a 2 person pop up tent (as discussed elsewhere).
Old 29 Jun 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4117496)   #1153
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO pitches are 7 x 5m - one ticket per vehicle needed, then you can squeeze as much camping paraphernalia as you like into that space.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4117497)   #1154
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not sure if anything has been posted about campsites and bookings, so here goes:

When booking through the ACO or via another agency, do they allocate a certain amount of space for the pitch? If so do they base it on tent capacity or people? I'm looking at a bigger tent for next year and although I'll be camping alone I'll probably take a 4man tent.

I ask because Travel Destinations gave me half a pitch and only charged me for one person this year. But I only had a 2 person pop up tent (as discussed elsewhere).
Private camp sites are free to do what they like but I believe all the ACO ones are a standard size for every pitch. So space is your limiting factor. In theory you need to get everything inside the lines, including your car. This often doesn't happen in reality with cars jutting out into the rangs or sometimes parked elsewhere. At least that's the case in Houx. 7m x 5m rings a bell. You can get a four-man tent inside a standard pitch.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4117498)   #1155
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good info, thanks. That size would work.