Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4103098)   #16
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
I eat my hat, if Jimmie and Jeff won´t be driving this thing.
I wouldn't be too sure there, Jeff hasn't been in a car in a while and only drove the minimums the last couple times. Jimmie MAYBE but it depends on where Aly or Carvana want to spend their money.

More likely you'll see AXR drivers who don't have a LM ride in the car as they will be developing it
Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4103101)   #17
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was thinking Jimmy with the prototype driving he has been doing the last couple of seasons. Would they go with a car for retired drivers only though? Nascar is probably more about drivers than cars, so I bet they try to get at least one current driver in there.

Chase Elliot. Most popular driver in the last seasons and very good on road courses.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4103102)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
This should be mega. Only concern I have is how much slower the car will be and if this will pose a safety issue by having much faster cars approaching difficult parts of the track and being caught in multiple traffic - see deltawing in 2012
At Road America the last Gen Cup cars were 12 seconds slower than GTE Corvette. Now some of that is the tires, Michelin confidential vs Goodyear stock car tires. Add in better tire development, new car likely being better road course, somewhat open rule book to develop the car further and sportscar guys developing it I would guess much of that gap will be narrowed. BUT 12 seconds at Road America is 24 seconds straight up track length wise. 2:02 for GTE leads to a 3:47 at LM so not a straight up 2:1 based on track length so maybe likely 4:05-4:15 with some development to improve the time
Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:59 (Ref:4103103)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Chase Elliot. Most popular driver in the last seasons and very good on road courses.
Remember the Cup series runs nearly every weekend and he's not leaving points on the table and Cup ain't taking a break for him to go overseas. he would have to skip at least 2 races, maybe 3
Old 18 Mar 2022, 15:01 (Ref:4103105)   #20
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Remember the Cup series runs nearly every weekend and he's not leaving points on the table and Cup ain't taking a break for him to go overseas. he would have to skip at least 2 races, maybe 3
NASCAR will find a solution about that. They bring that car to Le Mans and they want to have their star in that car. NASCAR is creative and will be creative.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4103117)   #21
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new lap record!NaBUru38 is going for a new lap record!NaBUru38 is going for a new lap record!NaBUru38 is going for a new lap record!NaBUru38 is going for a new lap record!NaBUru38 is going for a new lap record!
Oh wow!

They will need some really sticky Goodyear/Dunlop tyres to be minimally competitive.

Nascar had off weekends for the Olympics. Sure they can have a week off for Le Mans.

I think that Nascar will select current drivers, rather than veterans like Jimmie Johnson.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:10 (Ref:4103119)   #22
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is going to be amazing.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4103121)   #23
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Unless NASCAR finangles the schedule to have the test day weekend and LM race weekend not conflict with Cup races, HMS are gonna need drivers for this thing.

I can see promo value for a good NASCAR Euro series driver getting contracted. I can def. see Jeff Gordon doing it, since he's a GM/HMS ambassador and Jeff has had an ambition to do Le Mans once his full time racing career ended.

And, could it be something if GM and Hendrick and IMSA could con Ron Fellows or Johnny O'Connell out of driving retirement? GM racing legends in road racing, LM veterans, etc?
Old 18 Mar 2022, 18:52 (Ref:4103147)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How many hours does a nascar engine typically go through before rebuilds? I have no clue, but this makes me think they may end up with an entirely un-nascar powertrain for the hybrid option. Possibly the unit that will be used in the new Caddy lmdh?
Old 18 Mar 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4103166)   #25
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How many hours does a nascar engine typically go through before rebuilds? I have no clue, but this makes me think they may end up with an entirely un-nascar powertrain for the hybrid option. Possibly the unit that will be used in the new Caddy lmdh?

I barely followed nascar in my life but if actual nascar cars are still sticking to those caveman pushrod 5.8L V8, as far I know, teams used to have fresh engines at each race, unless if a engine was still healthy after a race in poor demanding short ovals like bristol.
Of course is quite unlikely that kind of engine could last 24 hours if set to revving up to >9000rpm all the time as they normally do.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 23:37 (Ref:4103208)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I barely followed nascar in my life but if actual nascar cars are still sticking to those caveman pushrod 5.8L V8, as far I know, teams used to have fresh engines at each race, unless if a engine was still healthy after a race in poor demanding short ovals like bristol.
Of course is quite unlikely that kind of engine could last 24 hours if set to revving up to >9000rpm all the time as they normally do.
Bristol ain't easy on the engines at all, the up and downs and high banking meant they were still torn down every weekend. With the last update I believe the engines are sealed and counted to start the season. Last I knew it was equal to 2 races per engine for the season so think that's 18 engines with an extra allowance for Daytona I believe. I have not seen Next Gen engine limits lately

Quote:
I was thinking possibly a powertrain test for the new Vette hybrid system but Caddy plus spec hybrid option as well
Old 19 Mar 2022, 12:34 (Ref:4103251)   #27
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe, instead of G56 being all about new tech, it could just be run what you brung.

2023: NASCAR
2024: Moto GP
2025: F2
2026: Guy Martin on a bicycle, slipstreaming a truck
Old 19 Mar 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4103254)   #28
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Maybe, instead of G56 being all about new tech, it could just be run what you brung.

2023: NASCAR
2024: Moto GP
2025: F2
2026: Guy Martin on a bicycle, slipstreaming a truck

A motogp would probably get 400km/h on straight before first chicane
Old 19 Mar 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4103277)   #29
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A full spec Super GT at their fastest would have been amazing too.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4103278)   #30
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or that...