Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Mar 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3516064)   #101
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
Its supposed to be clear and in the 80's temp-wise. This can be brutal for those of you not used to our Florida weather. DO NOT FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN (and bring lots of water)!
Really good advice! Enjoy Sebring certainly, but take care so that you can come back next year too.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 05:02 (Ref:3516103)   #102
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can feel my skin sizzling now!

Wish I was heading down, but in a a way, I am glad I'm not.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3516304)   #103
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skip the stylish black clothing too - no shade. Friend of mine made that mistake - once, surprising how much difference it makes.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3516309)   #104
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Sister car ....

L.P.
I love to see the extra lights for REAL night racing! Those were not present at Daytona.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3516343)   #105
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
I love to see the extra lights for REAL night racing! Those were not present at Daytona.
They weren't needed at Daytona. The place is lit up like daylight at night time.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 15:55 (Ref:3516357)   #106
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
They weren't needed at Daytona. The place is lit up like daylight at night time.
Hence why he capitalized REAL.

Anyway, the black livery is amazing. Goes much better with the M colours.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 17:16 (Ref:3516405)   #107
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little history lesson on Sebring: http://nasportscar.com/sportscar-retrospective-sebring/
Old 17 Mar 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3516522)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A very good read, thank you for posting
Old 17 Mar 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3516546)   #109
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Don't want to be "that guy" but....Sebring isn't in the everglades, those are 120mi south.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 17 Mar 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3516571)   #110
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nobody is talking about what you actually think will happen in the race itself. I think a smaller 47 car grid will be good and reduce FCY's for sure. I"ll be optimistic and say only 15% of the race runs under yellow. But there could be high attrition though under the heat that it should be at. No rain in the forecast at this point too. This could be one of the hottest 12 hours in a few years.

I pick the #10 Corvette for overall victory. It will be the usual players for victory with them the #5 and the #01. I will go for the #3 Corvette to win GTLM. I just hope that GTLM does not have any mishaps like Road Atlanta (the pit lane collision) and Daytona (Porsches colliding).
Old 17 Mar 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3516589)   #111
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
^I first looked at that line where you said predicted that 'Corvette' was going to win the overall race and thought "oh he thinks GT car is actually going to win through attrition". But then I read it again and noticed the number #10... just goes to show you how little I buy the public relations crap the marketing people are trying to feed us

Anyway. There's not much point in discussing what might or might not happen, or who has the 'best car' or strategy. They're obviously gonna have bunch of people on the lead lap at the end again and have 'super uber close shootout for the most epic finish in history of boogity boogity racing', because of you-know-what.

I'm off to rewatch the 2007 GT2 finish again. Because you can have close dashes without all the artificial nonsense

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Mar 2015 at 23:25.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 07:51 (Ref:3516670)   #112
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am hoping the race will be covered by motors tv in the uk, i remember watching highlights on the bbc when i was much younger (ok 40 plus years ago) and it was this race and le mans that shaped by interest in sportscar racing
Old 18 Mar 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3516672)   #113
optica
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
optica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i am hoping the race will be covered by motors tv in the uk, i remember watching highlights on the bbc when i was much younger (ok 40 plus years ago) and it was this race and le mans that shaped by interest in sportscar racing
Schedule says Motors TV are covering the whole race so only the adverts to put up with.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3516682)   #114
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by optica View Post
Schedule says Motors TV are covering the whole race so only the adverts to put up with.
Brilliant, thanks for that
Old 18 Mar 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3516717)   #115
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
^I first looked at that line where you said predicted that 'Corvette' was going to win the overall race and thought "oh he thinks GT car is actually going to win through attrition". But then I read it again and noticed the number #10... just goes to show you how little I buy the public relations crap the marketing people are trying to feed us

Anyway. There's not much point in discussing what might or might not happen, or who has the 'best car' or strategy. They're obviously gonna have bunch of people on the lead lap at the end again and have 'super uber close shootout for the most epic finish in history of boogity boogity racing', because of you-know-what.

I'm off to rewatch the 2007 GT2 finish again. Because you can have close dashes without all the artificial nonsense

You're trying too hard.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3516785)   #116
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

It's not a coincidence that they're only switching from stream to TV for the last half hour - obviously the previous 3 hrs are irrelevant.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3516929)   #117
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have Porsche been given a waiver for a bigger front splitter on the RSR, but that looks bigger than normal to me?

(Photo: John Dagys)
Old 18 Mar 2015, 22:45 (Ref:3516951)   #118
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
For like half a season now. Having them unpainted unmasks how pathetically huge they are. More rear wing as well.

Made the group shot of the Porsches at CotA pretty hilarious.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3516956)   #119
Peugeot908
Rookie

United States
Sebring, Florida
Peugeot908 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't want to be "that guy" but....Sebring isn't in the everglades, those are 120mi south.
Technically Sebring is in the "Northern Everglades". The Southern Everglades are what you are talking about.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 12:24 (Ref:3517068)   #120
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
It's not a coincidence that they're only switching from stream to TV for the last half hour - obviously the previous 3 hrs are irrelevant.
I enjoy the series and don't even know what the viewing schedule is yet. It's good there are fans here to inform me.

Hearing from people at the track it's the biggest Wednesday crowd they've seen.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 13:02 (Ref:3517076)   #121
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On track action begins shortly, and will be covered by IMSA radio
Old 19 Mar 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3517105)   #122
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peugeot908 View Post
Technically Sebring is in the "Northern Everglades". The Southern Everglades are what you are talking about.
Cool. I love geography. It's all hot and miserable down there
Old 19 Mar 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3517106)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
On track action begins shortly, and will be covered by IMSA radio
Do you happen to have a link to the Alt T&S you can add post #1?
Old 19 Mar 2015, 14:54 (Ref:3517110)   #124
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
http://livescoring.us/2015/tusc02/scoring.php
Old 19 Mar 2015, 14:57 (Ref:3517111)   #125
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I have added it to the first post, some people are so needy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
thanks