Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Dec 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1782139)   #1
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last round for the best ever

This round marks the final time the mighty BA, V8 supercars most sucessful racecar ever, will compete in the main game.

Kudos to the teams who helped turn the red tide.

More on this including stats Here
Old 5 Dec 2006, 02:30 (Ref:1782141)   #2
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BF is only cosmetic changes ... aren't they?

So not really the end of an era.
Old 5 Dec 2006, 02:40 (Ref:1782143)   #3
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BF will have revised front and rear spoilers as well as new side skirts and the BA will be banned next year as Holden will have the VE.

The only thing I can take from that is the VE is slower than the VZ and as such the Ford has been slowed as well for Blueprint.

Interestingly though teams can still run the VZ if they want.....
Old 5 Dec 2006, 02:44 (Ref:1782146)   #4
barney551
Veteran

arent the spoilers revised for both to reduce down force ... "to produce better racing"

Not sure but doesnt the spoiler situation affect the VZ as well?
Old 5 Dec 2006, 03:10 (Ref:1782154)   #5
SRabbit
Veteran

The Ford will get an adjustable rear spoiler and the overall balance is supposed to be ironed out - the Fords will get more rear, the Holdens get more front to address the current imbalance ( I love how they finally admit to something they spend years denying when it's on the way out..) and overall both will have less than what they do now to 'encourage' passing - they will supposedly move around more as well.

That's the report on the VE/BF - haven't heard of any changes to VZ as yet...
Old 5 Dec 2006, 03:14 (Ref:1782155)   #6
barney551
Veteran

Thanks mate ... I couldnt imagine the VZ's being allowed to run without any changes that would be a total advantage to the Red side.

Maybe GTR can enlighten us???
Old 5 Dec 2006, 03:55 (Ref:1782158)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
the BA will be banned next year as Holden will have the VE.
What? The banning of the BA has NOTHING to do with the VE. You just fabricated that.

Quote:
The only thing I can take from that is the VE is slower than the VZ and as such the Ford has been slowed as well for Blueprint.
You drew a conclusion from something you made up out of thin air.

Quote:
The Ford will get an adjustable rear spoiler and the overall balance is supposed to be ironed out - the Fords will get more rear, the Holdens get more front to address the current imbalance ( I love how they finally admit to something they spend years denying when it's on the way out..) and overall both will have less than what they do now to 'encourage' passing - they will supposedly move around more as well.

Report? Heard? Theres nothing secret about the changes. You have taken it in and reproduced it as you see it but as in the previous quotes this does not reflect reality. You even contradict yourself. They each get more and each get less?

In fact what they did was to make each car to match the other car's minimum. The front end of each car was brought back to the least downforce of the two, and the same for the rear (between the VE and BF, not between the BF and VZ).

Argh what a waste of time, but I can't help myself.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 5 Dec 2006, 04:08 (Ref:1782160)   #8
barney551
Veteran

Rotor can you enlighten on the changes to the VZ to ensure parrity?
Old 5 Dec 2006, 04:32 (Ref:1782162)   #9
SRabbit
Veteran

No, he'd rather grandstand than help
Old 5 Dec 2006, 04:36 (Ref:1782163)   #10
barney551
Veteran

I am not buying into that aruement... I have enough of my own
Old 5 Dec 2006, 04:47 (Ref:1782165)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

From everything I have read and heard so far, there has been no testing of the VZ in the revised Blueprint configurations. Which gives teams like RNR and the 2nd GRM car a potential advantage, if they keep the technical support up to the cars.

If you were clever... someone like a Tasman or one of the WP4 group.. you would keep a VZ in the game, and take early points with the known package, and switch during the year... kinda like the fun that was had during the Aurora conversion...

If the noise is correct and the BF will have less aero than the BA, on front and rear, with new front splitter and rear bumper and rear wing. It also has new side skirts coming...

Conceptually, if the BA remains uncorrupted in the development series, it could be quicker than the main series BF....

The VE is a sports sedan pretty much, the rear doors have been shortened, roofline fiddled, the rear chassis with new rails installed.... from the article in MN, it seems this car is (almost) in "Control Chassis" spec...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Dec 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1782248)   #12
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is going to be great, everyone will think the lower downforce is increasing overtaking whilst the control rotors giving longer braking distances could very well be what's responsible.