Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Oct 2023, 09:38 (Ref:4179955)   #251
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, they know they can always trust UA
Old 6 Oct 2023, 09:40 (Ref:4179956)   #252
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did i read somewhere that WEC are now looking at enlargement of pits/sharing boxes (if even possible?) at some of the circuits? Not sure ACO/WEC thought this amount of manufacturers would want to join.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 09:54 (Ref:4179959)   #253
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Biggest issue as I see it is availability of 2nd Jota and Proton Porsche
We know they both would like a 2nd car but not sure when it will be ready - meaning do you allow 2 gt3s and then remove them once the Porsches are available or do you keep 2 spots empty until the Porsches are available or are the Porsches to be used as one off entries later in the season at places where they can accommodated and if so would Jota and Protona have to arrange their own freight for the extra cars?
Old 6 Oct 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4179964)   #254
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
McLaren selects United for LMGT3. No great surprise.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...3-entries.html
Nope (this would put UA in prime position to run a Hypercar if that program ever gets the green light) but great news for the boys and girls in Normanton.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4179966)   #255
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the freight or the size of some of the pitlanes the sticking point with entry numbers?
Old 6 Oct 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4179973)   #256
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
Hmm Let me count my speculation now.

Lexus, Porsche, Ferrari, Chevrolet, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ford, BMW

So I predict those 8 manufacturers for 16 cars in WEC GT3. Effectively their criteria appears to be 1) Be a hypercar manufacturer or 2) Have had a factory GTE pro effort in the past 8 years.
Ok I saw the McLaren link..Ok throw them in for 9 manufacturers and 18 cars. I guess they qualify via eventual hypercar entry. But if pit space and grid size is an issue. They would probably be the first cut.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4179997)   #257
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Did i read somewhere that WEC are now looking at enlargement of pits/sharing boxes (if even possible?) at some of the circuits? Not sure ACO/WEC thought this amount of manufacturers would want to join.
Yes, that idea has been floated but met without much excitement from the teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Is the freight or the size of some of the pitlanes the sticking point with entry numbers?
Initially it was freight, but then pitlane size has been an added issue.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 15:27 (Ref:4180016)   #258
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
from last month (mid-Sept):

Quote:
Discussions are clearly underway to accommodate as many Hypercar and LMGT3 manufacturers as possible though. DSC believes that the process is not complete, with a variety of factors in play, including garage capacity at some 2024 circuits, the willingness of LMGT3 teams to share garage facilities and freighting space.
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...-together.html

Wonder if the discussed garage sharing was voted down by the prospective teams/manufacturers?
Old 6 Oct 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4180021)   #259
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
from last month (mid-Sept):

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...-together.html

Wonder if the discussed garage sharing was voted down by the prospective teams/manufacturers?

Well I mean... It could swing that no Hypercar entry = share freight/pit space or no LMGT3 entry for you?

Honestly, the LMGT3 class looks like it is going to be just about as amazing as the Hypercar field, maybe even better and I'm here for it.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4180031)   #260
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Honestly, the LMGT3 class looks like it is going to be just about as amazing as the Hypercar field, maybe even better and I'm here for it.
Machinery-wise LMGT3 is going to be superb. I just hope the bronze drivers are at a level to allow the racing to be close down the stretch. If it's all blown to pieces a third of the way into the race it won't matter.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4180035)   #261
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Machinery-wise LMGT3 is going to be superb. I just hope the bronze drivers are at a level to allow the racing to be close down the stretch. If it's all blown to pieces a third of the way into the race it won't matter.
The Hypercar/GT3 only class structure is as good as you can get. 2024 WEC will be incredible. Glad GTE has finally been put to rest as it really was done being a viable class after 2019. And most of all I'm glad LMP2 is out of there. As spec pro am prototype racing is not appealing at all. Always felt like LMP2 just took up space and nothing more. Exception being 2017 Le Mans and the pre Le Mans WEC races in 2021.

But being this is a GT3 thread. I also like that there is only 2 cars per manufacturer. FIA GT did that for 1 year in 2012 I think it was in the early days of GT3 racing as we know it. I liked it a ton.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4180045)   #262
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
+ 1
Old 6 Oct 2023, 19:29 (Ref:4180053)   #263
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the information we have now we could guess then 38 or 40 cars in 2024:
Hypercar:
4 or 6 Porsche
2 Ferrari
2 Toyota
2 Peugeot
2 BMW
2 Alpine
1 Cadillac
1 Lambo
1 Vanwall
1 Isota

GT3LM:
Italy: 2 Ferrari and 2 Lambo
Germany: 2 Porsche and 2 BMW
USA: 2 Corvette and 2 Mustang
England: 2 Aston and 2 McLaren
Japan: 2 Lexus and 2 Honda

I guess they will choose Honda for the possible arrival to Hypercar in 2025....
Old 6 Oct 2023, 19:33 (Ref:4180054)   #264
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
With the information we have now we could guess then 38 or 40 cars in 2024:
Hypercar:
4 or 6 Porsche
2 Ferrari
2 Toyota
2 Peugeot
2 BMW
2 Alpine
1 Cadillac
1 Lambo
1 Vanwall
1 Isota

GT3LM:
Italy: 2 Ferrari and 2 Lambo
Germany: 2 Porsche and 2 BMW
USA: 2 Corvette and 2 Mustang
England: 2 Aston and 2 McLaren
Japan: 2 Lexus and 2 Honda

I guess they will choose Honda for the possible arrival to Hypercar in 2025....

That would be great. Porsche are very important to LM and BMW are my dark horse for success. We’ve got a decent era coming up
Old 6 Oct 2023, 22:49 (Ref:4180081)   #265
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think without Honda committing to Hypercar MB prob has a better chance, sounds like they have teams ready to go with cars. And having a GTP car and not bringing it isn't gonna earn them any points.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 00:49 (Ref:4180096)   #266
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think without Honda committing to Hypercar MB prob has a better chance, sounds like they have teams ready to go with cars. And having a GTP car and not bringing it isn't gonna earn them any points.
As we saw last week Honda is ‘Seriously Evaluating’ WEC Program With ARX-06.
Mercedes does not have a Hypercar and is not evaluating it either.
Also the GMB motorsport, champion of the Michelin Le Mans Cup, with its NSX is ready to enter in LMGT3.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 01:06 (Ref:4180097)   #267
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
As we saw last week Honda is ‘Seriously Evaluating’ WEC Program With ARX-06.
Mercedes does not have a Hypercar and is not evaluating it either.
Also the GMB motorsport, champion of the Michelin Le Mans Cup, with its NSX is ready to enter in LMGT3.
cough, cough... https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/vehi.../hypercar.html

And with the growing Middle East involvement with the series (and racing in general) I can see MB-AMG doing a serious study soon - if not already.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 21:50 (Ref:4180297)   #268
GT3_Fan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
+ 1
Hey this is the most attention GT racing in WEC is getting since GTE Pro glory days of 2016-2019. So a huge plus in my book.
Old 10 Oct 2023, 07:12 (Ref:4180819)   #269
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's also the reason you won't see either MB or Audi at WEC races, since both don't have a Hypercar coming. They will be at other races and series, just not WEC.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 15:33 (Ref:4181125)   #270
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
cough, cough... https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/vehi.../hypercar.html

And with the growing Middle East involvement with the series (and racing in general) I can see MB-AMG doing a serious study soon - if not already.
I don't know how credible this page could be but I just read it and it surprised me....
Quote:
Mercedes also flirts with the 24 Hours of Le Mans. They could imitate Aston Martin and race with the AMG One
https://www.motorpasion.com/otras-co...correr-amg-one
Old 17 Oct 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4181867)   #271
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no problem with the ACO (or IMSA) replacing GTE with GT3. I also didn't like the idea of mandating a body kit or something for WEC. But my one wish list item would be to make the cars as loud as the GTE cars were.

Maybe my hearing is getting worse, but it seems like the GT3's don't have the same oomph behind them that the GTE's did/do. Would this even be possible to do? Do the GT3's run a muffler to reduce noise?
Old 17 Oct 2023, 20:55 (Ref:4181869)   #272
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't know how credible this page could be but I just read it and it surprised me....

https://www.motorpasion.com/otras-co...correr-amg-one
I wouldn’t get too excited about this - in any way whatsoever
Old 17 Oct 2023, 21:28 (Ref:4181872)   #273
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have no problem with the ACO (or IMSA) replacing GTE with GT3. I also didn't like the idea of mandating a body kit or something for WEC. But my one wish list item would be to make the cars as loud as the GTE cars were.

Maybe my hearing is getting worse, but it seems like the GT3's don't have the same oomph behind them that the GTE's did/do. Would this even be possible to do? Do the GT3's run a muffler to reduce noise?
Bite your tongue, better tones than just loud nonsense like that abomination RSR.
Old 17 Oct 2023, 21:30 (Ref:4181873)   #274
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I wouldn’t get too excited about this - in any way whatsoever
What, you mean just cause it has the name hypercar in it we're not to assume it's a lock for LM/WEC?? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you
Old 17 Oct 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4181874)   #275
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What, you mean just cause it has the name hypercar in it we're not to assume it's a lock for LM/WEC?? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you
I know - I’m just here to repeatedly disappoint people - ask my wife!