Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Feb 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4144566)   #76
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kelvin van der Linde is probably less likely in the Abt seat now he’s not an Audi Factory driver anymore
Old 22 Feb 2023, 19:00 (Ref:4144569)   #77
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Kelvin van der Linde is probably less likely in the Abt seat now he’s not an Audi Factory driver anymore

I believe, he is safe. Even without works contract. Hes a good driver in GT3, knows the R8 and is kind of ABT-ownbred.
They will have Feller been paid by Audi, Budget of vdL will be from sponsor or Abt own budget (marketing for tuning company).

I really hope, there will be more professional drivers than "paydrivers". Can only make it more interesting. But of course budget is main problem...
Old 22 Feb 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4144592)   #78
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
I really hope, there will be more professional drivers than "paydrivers". Can only make it more interesting. But of course budget is main problem...
Well, one of the purposes of ADAC's 'pyramid' is to have fully professional teams and drivers in the DTM. Honestly I'm quite convinced the grid will be very strong again.
Old 23 Feb 2023, 10:45 (Ref:4144630)   #79
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Exciting news. SSR Performance will run 3 Huracans for Bortolotti, Perrera and Alessio Deledda

https://sportscar365.com/other-serie...ar-ssr-effort/
Old 23 Feb 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4144648)   #80
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haupt Racing Team - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Luca Stolz
Haupt Racing Team - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Arjun Maini
Team Landgraf - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Jusuf Owega
Team Landgraf - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Maro Engel
Winward Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Lucas Auer
Winward Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 - David Schumacher

No Goetz... Dont think his reputation has recovered fully from 2021.. Not that that whole thing was really his fault
Old 23 Feb 2023, 17:04 (Ref:4144676)   #81
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No Goetz... Dont think his reputation has recovered fully from 2021.. Not that that whole thing was really his fault
That's what I feel as well. Mercedes seems not to be (or at least that's the impression) really supportive of him and probably it's them who forced him to sit out the season but if it's the reputation thing, it's actually caused by Mercedes, not Götz. Honestly saying, I feel sorry for him. He seems a nice bloke and didn't deserve this.

I might be wrong of course, allegedly his parting with HRT after 2021 was due to sponsor, not the team not wanting him or anything. We don't know reasons of his missing the spot for 2023 but can't help but feel all of this is caused by his title win...
Old 23 Feb 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4144696)   #82
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Exciting news. SSR Performance will run 3 Huracans for Bortolotti, Perrera and Alessio Deledda

https://sportscar365.com/other-serie...ar-ssr-effort/
So I think DTM will have at least the 6 German and Italian brands in the series for 2023 now. That is the most important step for sure. A bonus is if we can get at least british or japanese branded car in there now.
Old 23 Feb 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4144698)   #83
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Well, quite a nice day of excitement although it was all more or less expected. Really nice to see Porsche's increased involvement as well as Lamborhini having now two strong teams as opposed to just Grasser. Especially as, let's face it, last year Grasser was all about Bortolotti, the rest pretty much non-existent. Although it's pretty mysterious why SSR had the 'supported by Lamborghini' under their logo whereas Grasser didn't.
Also good to see Ferrari will be retained, I'm pretty curious about Emil Frey Racing's performance.
Audi's camp is shrinking, that's sad but well expected unfortunately.

Now it will be exciting to see all the drivers confirmed. I'll have a guess about that based on the rumours:

BMW
Schubert - S. van der Linde|R. Rast/D.Vanthoor
Project 1 - M. Wittmann| TBA - no clues there, although would be great to see a young and talented driver here, like Ben Green for instance. Would also love to see Leon Kohler being given a chance.

AUDI
ABT - K. van der Linde|R. Feller
Engstler - L. Engstler (second car unlikely)

MERCEDES
HRT - L. Stolz|A. Maini
Winward - L. Auer|D. Schumacher (third car unlikely)
Landgraf - M. Engel|J. Owega

PORSCHE
Bernhard - L. Heinrich|A. Guven
Manthey - T. Preining|D. Olsen
Toksport - M. Dienst|?? no idea there to be honest

LAMBORGHINI
Grasser - C. Schmid|R. Ineichen? Although would expect someone much stronger if they want to remain in the sharp end of the field
SSR - F. Perera|C. Engelhart

FERRARI
Frey - T. Vermeulen|A. Costa

What's interesting is that it seems Maximilian Gotz will not be back. Can't help but feel his controversial title win in 2021 hampered his reputation. First Haupt didn't want to retain him for 2022 despite winning the title and now he's removed from the DTM altogether. Would be a bit sad if that was the case - you can say whatever you want about a way he grabbed the title but it was Mercedes who orchestrated all of that, not Gotz himself. Yes, he had a nightmarish season last year but personally I'd rather see him in the DTM than Maini or Schumacher.
Looks like you were spot on with the Mercedes AMG picks!!

So it looks like with SSR taking 3 cars, we hit 26, thats IF Manthey, Bernhard, and Grasser all enter two cars each, and Toksport enter 1, which I have a hunch will be the case but no solid reasoning.

Have put the guys you suggested on a list with question marks next to them to show unconfirmed drivers.

I kind of expect Engstler will run two cars, and ABT too, but I doubt they will have van der Linde as he is no longer an Audi driver, and did say he had other manufacturers lined up.. I think all the factories have announced their rosters though for the year except for Lamborghini? Cant remember.. Mclaren and Aston Martin havent, but they never do

DTM 2023 - 26 Cars

ABT Sportsline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
ABT Sportsline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - ?Ricardo Feller?
Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - ?Albert Costa?
Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - ?Thierry Vermeulen?
Grasser Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - ?Clemens Schmid?
Grasser Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - ?Rolf Ineichen?Christian Engelhart?
KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Laurens Heinrich?
KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Ayhancan Guven?
Manthey EMA Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Dennis Olsen?
Manthey EMA Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Thomas Preining?
Project 1 - BMW M4 GT3 - Marco Wittmann
Project 1 - BMW M4 GT3 - TBC
SSR Performance - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Alessio Deledda
SSR Performance - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Franck Perera
SSR Performance - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Mirko Bortolotti
Team Engstler - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - ?Luca Engstler?
Team Engstler - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
Team Schubert - BMW M4 GT3 - Sheldon van der Linde
Team Schubert - BMW M4 GT3 - Rene Rast
Toksport WRT - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?M Dienst?
Old 23 Feb 2023, 23:37 (Ref:4144716)   #84
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Looks like you were spot on with the Mercedes AMG picks!!

So it looks like with SSR taking 3 cars, we hit 26, thats IF Manthey, Bernhard, and Grasser all enter two cars each, and Toksport enter 1, which I have a hunch will be the case but no solid reasoning.

Have put the guys you suggested on a list with question marks next to them to show unconfirmed drivers.

I kind of expect Engstler will run two cars, and ABT too, but I doubt they will have van der Linde as he is no longer an Audi driver, and did say he had other manufacturers lined up.. I think all the factories have announced their rosters though for the year except for Lamborghini? Cant remember.. Mclaren and Aston Martin havent, but they never do

DTM 2023 - 26 Cars

ABT Sportsline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
ABT Sportsline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - ?Ricardo Feller?
Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - ?Albert Costa?
Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - ?Thierry Vermeulen?
Grasser Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - ?Rolf Ineichen?Christian Engelhart?
KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Laurens Heinrich?
KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Ayhancan Guven?
Manthey EMA Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Dennis Olsen?
Manthey EMA Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?Thomas Preining?
Team Engstler - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
Toksport WRT - Porsche 911 GT3 R - ?M Dienst?
Ahh good sources!
But honestly I'm surprised (positively) about Bortolotti staying and SSR fielding three cars rather than two. I really hope there'll be someone very strong next to (much expected) Schmid at Grasser, otherwise can't see them fighting for a title. Kelvin van der Linde would be a good candidate, although various sources say he's most likely to stay with ABT despite parting ways with Audi.

It seems like Engstler will have just a single car in the DTM, sadly, and I expect that will be for Luca. Expect two cars for Toksport though. Anyway, 25-26 cars should be a very good number. For now the quality is also rather top bar a few exceptions.
Old 24 Feb 2023, 07:08 (Ref:4144740)   #85
Bcarr6
Veteran

Manthey confirm Thomas and Dennis
Old 24 Feb 2023, 10:44 (Ref:4144764)   #86
Bcarr6
Veteran

Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - Jack Aitken
Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - Thierry Vermeulen
Old 24 Feb 2023, 10:49 (Ref:4144767)   #87
Bcarr6
Veteran

KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Laurens Heinrich
KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Ayhancan Guven
Toksport WRT - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Christian Engelhart
Toksport WRT - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Tim Heinemann
Old 24 Feb 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4144804)   #88
Matt K
Veteran

Great to see Tim Heinemann being given a chance to get promoted to the DTM after two titles in DTM Trophy. Really curious how he fares in a GT3 in such a strong and competitive field of drivers.
Old 24 Feb 2023, 18:17 (Ref:4144816)   #89
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

This new DTM GT3 era is bringing some interesting playing field.
Old 24 Feb 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4144818)   #90
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
This new DTM GT3 era is bringing some interesting playing field.
I thought you hated all racing Juntos
Old 28 Feb 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4145214)   #91
Bcarr6
Veteran

I stand corrected, Kelvin VDL stays at ABT alongside Feller.

Surprised hes doing that as a non Audi factory driver, I guess all the numerous factory offers he was going on about didnt come to anything.

Very close to the final grid now, just awaiting the GRT, Engstler and Project 1 (2nd seat) announcements...

I think Matt is probably right we will see 26 cars, GRT im sure will slim down from 3 to 2, Engstler maybe only one car...

Wouldnt be surprised to see GRT doing 2 cars in GTM, and 2 in DTM

DTM 2023 - 26-28 Cars

ABT Sportsline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Kelvin van der Linde
ABT Sportsline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Ricardo Feller
Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - Jack Aitken
Emil Frey Racing - Ferrari 296 GT3 - Thierry Vermeulen
Grasser Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - ?Rolf Ineichen?
Grasser Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - ??? (MAYBE)
KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Laurens Heinrich
KUS Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Ayhancan Guven
Manthey EMA Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Dennis Olsen
Manthey EMA Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Thomas Preining
Team Engstler - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC (MAYBE)
Toksport WRT - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Christian Engelhart
Toksport WRT - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Tim Heinemann
Old 28 Feb 2023, 09:40 (Ref:4145215)   #92
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

DTM race winners Kelvin van der Linde and Ricardo Feller will remain with Abt in the GT3 series this year, despite the South African leaving Audi's factory driver roster.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 15:13 (Ref:4145268)   #93
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great that all 6 German and Italian brands are returning to DTM. Thought it would have been nice for someone to enter that odd McLaren, Aston, or Acura. Oh well.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 09:36 (Ref:4145356)   #94
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
I stand corrected, Kelvin VDL stays at ABT alongside Feller.

Surprised hes doing that as a non Audi factory driver, I guess all the numerous factory offers he was going on about didnt come to anything.

Very close to the final grid now, just awaiting the GRT, Engstler and Project 1 (2nd seat) announcements...

I think Matt is probably right we will see 26 cars, GRT im sure will slim down from 3 to 2, Engstler maybe only one car...

Wouldnt be surprised to see GRT doing 2 cars in GTM, and 2 in DTM
Kelvin stays with Abt simply because he's directly employed by them, doing also sub-drive for injured Robin Frijns in Formula E.
Can't help but feel that Abt will soon switch allegiance to Lamborghini across all GT programs (having DTM particularly in mind here) and that could perhaps pave way for van der Linde to become a Lambo factory driver...

As for Grasser they've already confirmed they're having two cars for DTM and two for GTWC. As much as Clemens Schmid is something of a certainty there, I really hope for a strong, competitive drive in the second car. If it is Schmid-Ineichen then not only Grasser can forget about wins and the championship fight but also about consistent points scoring.

My impression is something not necessarily good must've happened with Grasser in the background. While SSR is fielding three cars with high-profile factory drivers (except Deledda, not sure about his status although definitely he's not top-class) and they iterate their backing from Lamborghini, there's no mention of that for Grasser who not only lost Bortolotti but also Manuel Reuter after just a single season. This doesn't give a particularly bright outlook but maybe there are other, not necessarily so pessimistic reasons for this.
Old 6 Mar 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4146026)   #95
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So what eventually happened with the series structure? Do we have 5 individual series still? DTM, DTM Trophy, GT Masters, GT4 Germany and Prototype Cup?
Old 6 Mar 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4146028)   #96
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
So what eventually happened with the series structure? Do we have 5 individual series still? DTM, DTM Trophy, GT Masters, GT4 Germany and Prototype Cup?
No more DTM Trophy, and I wouldn't bet on there being a GT-Masters season 2023 either.

On the other hand GTC RACE, which used to be a typical run-what-you-brung club series ("Divinol Cup") is rapidly becoming a GT3/4 series with many GT Masters teams engaged there as well and also running under the ADAC umbrella.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4146182)   #97
Bcarr6
Veteran

Very curiously no announcements made for GT Masters yet

Speed King is probably right, the series is in big doubt.

It’s a shame but I would pick DTM over GT Masters. With GTC they really have too many GT3 series now… one will need to yield

Between DTM, GTWC, GT Open, Michelin Le Mans, Italian GT, British GT, GT Masters, among other more localised series, and WEC Next year, there is just too many places to run a GT3 car now. Something is going to have to lose
Old 7 Mar 2023, 12:06 (Ref:4146200)   #98
Matt K
Veteran

Well, I'm of exactly same opinion. Of course a shame if GT Masters ceased to exist, but there are just way too many GT3 championships now and with DTM being one of them, there's simply too little space for that in Germany. DTM is quite unique because of a bug push towards professionalism and one-driver-per-car format. Teams that are willing (and have resources) to do that can join it, if not, there's always GTWC and other championships for a 'typical' GT3 format. Taking over DTM, ADAC has inevitably created a situation in which GT Masters might suffer the most. Time will tell what happens next but for me DTM is way more appealing that GT Masters. Ideally we'd have a DTM like in the past and GT Masters with GT3 but it's not an ideal world.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 23:21 (Ref:4146254)   #99
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Well, I'm of exactly same opinion. Of course a shame if GT Masters ceased to exist, but there are just way too many GT3 championships now and with DTM being one of them, there's simply too little space for that in Germany. DTM is quite unique because of a bug push towards professionalism and one-driver-per-car format. Teams that are willing (and have resources) to do that can join it, if not, there's always GTWC and other championships for a 'typical' GT3 format. Taking over DTM, ADAC has inevitably created a situation in which GT Masters might suffer the most. Time will tell what happens next but for me DTM is way more appealing that GT Masters. Ideally we'd have a DTM like in the past and GT Masters with GT3 but it's not an ideal world.

One thing that could work nicely is merging GT Masters and ADAC GT4, like British GT. Would make a very nice support series, much more about the paying AM's.

Not sure how the GT4 guys would feel about that though
Old 8 Mar 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4146319)   #100
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Not sure how the GT4 guys would feel about that though
Typically, if GT4 teams get to choose they prefer the single class format. And by giving GT4 its own TV broadcast for this year, ADAC has pretty much removed the only carrot they could have used to attract GT4s to a mixed-grid GT-Masters.

I guess they could try to push some teams from GT4 into GT-Masters by limiting which driver pairing can race in the former (e.g. no Silver-Silver-pairings), but stuff like that needs to be communicated well in advance and not after teams have already paid their entry fees.