Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Nov 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3940392)   #1
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugeot Sport returning to WEC

Peugoet Sport returning to WEC with Hybrid Powered Hypercar

More news early next year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peugeotsport

Get in
Old 13 Nov 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3940398)   #2
The ginger prince
Rookie

The ginger prince should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate to think what allowances the ACO has promised them. French winner for the centenary year of 2023 perhaps?
Old 13 Nov 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3940401)   #3
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No fear!

(from wikipedia)

(copyright Dailysportscar.com)

(copyright John Brooks/Speedhunters.com)
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3940404)   #4
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/1...c-in-2022.html
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3940405)   #5
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 points worth considering here.

1- Could be enough to secure Hypercar and haltthe DPi 2.0 backup conspiracies?

2- Could this be encouragement for those on the fence to commit? Mclaren I know are thinking over it, and a few VAG brands have been mentioned...
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3940410)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No fear!

(from wikipedia)

(copyright Dailysportscar.com)

(copyright John Brooks/Speedhunters.com)
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3940412)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
This feels like it came out of nowhere.

There was this rumor though:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ercar-program/

So, factory program or not?

Last edited by deggis; 13 Nov 2019 at 15:31.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:23 (Ref:3940414)   #8
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
double post

Last edited by PascaLM; 13 Nov 2019 at 15:29.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3940416)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

There this rumor though:

According to AUTOhebdo and Peugeot Sport, it's official :
https://www.autohebdo.fr/wec/actuali...23-207264.html
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3940418)   #10
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
According to AUTOhebdo and Peugeot Sport, it's official :
https://www.autohebdo.fr/wec/actuali...23-207264.html
No, I mean that it is surprising because there weren't many preceding rumors.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3940419)   #11
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think the rumoured 2017 return that never materialised probably put everyone off saying anything this time haha
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3940420)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't understand what sense it makes to enter this for 2022 LM (or 2023 if they mean the 22-23 winter season) given that it will get very limited running period, before the class mercifully gets replaced by Zero Emission for 2024-2025
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3940421)   #13
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Yes, it's as surprising as they withdraw before the 2012 season.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3940422)   #14
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

There was this rumor though:

From your link:

Quote:
However, unlike its previous factory 908 effort, which was run in-house by Peugeot Sport, it’s understood ORECA would be behind the customer or semi-works effort that would likely be run under the Rebellion banner.

While not commenting specifically on the matter, ORECA President Hugues de Chaunac told Sportscar365 last month that it has been in discussions with two OEMs on possible technical partnerships around the WEC’s new-for-2020 formula.

It’s believed the partnership could begin with an engine supply program for Rebellion’s R13 LMP1 car, which would be eligible to be grandfathered into the top class for the 2020-21 season.
If correct, one would assume the Toyota-Oreca partnership will be ended. Did anyone say Joest?
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3940423)   #15
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oreca 07 beta + 508 engine, bopped, shmopped, balanced, standardized, equalized, summarized = obligatory Peugeot title in ACO series. Where can I bet?
Old 13 Nov 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3940425)   #16
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't understand what sense it makes to enter this for 2022 LM (or 2023 if they mean the 22-23 winter season) given that it will get very limited running period, before the class mercifully gets replaced by Zero Emission for 2024-2025
Because not enough manufacturers will sign up for zero emission so they will BoP them all together.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3940426)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Because not enough manufacturers will sign up for zero emission so they will BoP them all together.
Nightmare fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Oreca 07 beta + 508 engine, bopped, shmopped, balanced, standardized, equalized, summarized = obligatory Peugeot title in ACO series. Where can I bet?
I wanna bet on that too, we're going to be millionaires. Profiting through misery!
Old 13 Nov 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3940427)   #18
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
"WEC from 2022" is the wording so clearly must mean debuts at WEC 2022-23 round #1.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3940431)   #19
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well well well the rumours where true after all, interesting. The question is who is going put there hat into the ring next...????

Oh yes and just one other point (that I have picked up from the Midweek Motorsport Collective over on Facebook) if they come in in 2022/23 then there first Le Mans will be 2023 which of course is just in time for the Centenary Celebrations at Le Mans....

Last edited by rdjones; 13 Nov 2019 at 16:39.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3940435)   #20
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Nightmare fuel
The genie is out of the bottle. BoP til we drop.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3940440)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Why announce this and not enter for the 2021/22 start of the hypercar season. why wait another year?
Old 13 Nov 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3940452)   #22
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The genie is out of the bottle. BoP til we drop.
But my hopes and dreams of the return of technological top class, something Zero Emission promised to present, it is what gets me through through these upcoming difficult years... it's like believing in religion maybe me and helgi, and I don't know arakis if he still breaths, should form rebellion of sorts to fight the Empire
Old 13 Nov 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3940453)   #23
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully this puts off the 0-emissions for another couple of years. I'm more interested in hypercar than a formula-e sportscar type series. Think these cars are slow, the 0-emissions cars will be GTE pace unless they're carrying a huge battery and allowed mega amounts of hydrogen or something. The worst thing about hypercar is bop and the huge amount of weight. I'm glad Peugeot are coming back, now if Aston Martin fails, they can have someone else to fall back on.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3940457)   #24
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if when they say 2022 they might do selected races at the tail end of the 2021/22 season to get some racing miles under their belt. The 2023 thing is interesting, i wonder how Porsche and Audi are going to feel if Toyota or Peugeot win the centenary race..
Old 13 Nov 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3940466)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Hopefully this puts off the 0-emissions for another couple of years. I'm more interested in hypercar than a formula-e sportscar type series. Think these cars are slow, the 0-emissions cars will be GTE pace unless they're carrying a huge battery and allowed mega amounts of hydrogen or something. The worst thing about hypercar is bop and the huge amount of weight. I'm glad Peugeot are coming back, now if Aston Martin fails, they can have someone else to fall back on.
I would assume they'd be running big batteries and fuel storages anyway, in order to ensure smooth running and no constant visits to the pits.

Formula E is cheap, glorified spec racing, that's now what the proposal here was