Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Nov 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3940470)   #26
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I wonder if when they say 2022 they might do selected races at the tail end of the 2021/22 season to get some racing miles under their belt. The 2023 thing is interesting, i wonder how Porsche and Audi are going to feel if Toyota or Peugeot win the centenary race..
They said 22/23 season. So they'll only miss one 24hrs under the new regs. They're continuing with the winter season so I assume Summer of 2022 is when we will see the car presented. I'm sure spy shots will reveal it before that though. Remember that Le Mans is the season finale, so unless they want to do that in the first year (which I don't think competitors will like) they'll have to wait.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 20:43 (Ref:3940474)   #27
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They said 22/23 season. So they'll only miss one 24hrs under the new regs. They're continuing with the winter season so I assume Summer of 2022 is when we will see the car presented. I'm sure spy shots will reveal it before that though. Remember that Le Mans is the season finale, so unless they want to do that in the first year (which I don't think competitors will like) they'll have to wait.
No they won't, they will miss LM 2021 and LM 2022 under new regs, so two. Then they will only be eligible for 2023 and 2024 LM until being outlawed for 2025 LM (maybe grandfathered for that single year but that's not the same), at least if ACO doesn't screw up the regulations again
Old 13 Nov 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3940479)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If peugoet did ask the ACO for two spots on the 2021 or 22 grid i can not see them being refused they are french and that is all they need.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 22:55 (Ref:3940490)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great they are coming back, always felt it was a shame when they left so suddenly prior to 2012
Old 14 Nov 2019, 03:43 (Ref:3940509)   #30
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
No they won't, they will miss LM 2021 and LM 2022 under new regs, so two. Then they will only be eligible for 2023 and 2024 LM until being outlawed for 2025 LM (maybe grandfathered for that single year but that's not the same), at least if ACO doesn't screw up the regulations again
You're right. I counted wrong That's the thing with these 'winter seasons'. Maybe the ACO will let them enter Spa and Le Mans in 2022, if the car is ready and the other competitors don't mind.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3940554)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
With grids not looking top draw i think that is not a problem
Old 14 Nov 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3940576)   #32
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potentially unfortunate for rally fans.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...lappi/4596696/
Old 14 Nov 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3940585)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Potentially unfortunate for rally fans.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...lappi/4596696/
That's the likely conclusion - one PSA group brand exits a world championship, another joins one. I hope Peugeot make a better fist of WEC than Citroen have of their most recent WRC foray - the C3 has been a terrible car.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3940586)   #34
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jean-Eric Vergne and Antonio Felix Da Costa have both expressed interest in becoming part of Peugeot’s Hypercar lineup when it debuts in the 2022-23 FIA World Endurance Championship season.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 00:08 (Ref:3940666)   #35
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...geot-hypercar/

Quote:
“It is a factory program but we could have some partnerships but it is not decided yet,” he said.
Maybe explains the late debut.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 00:16 (Ref:3940667)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
I wonder if Jose Maria Lopez will still be with Toyota or if he'll move to his old PSA group team? Toyota has an upcoming star Japanese driver in lmp2 right now by the name of Kenta Yamashita. I think he'll replace one of Toyota's drivers. My guesses right now are Buemi (Nissan's leading F-E driver) or Lopez.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3940691)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Joest is free. The irony there would be amazing.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3940712)   #38
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Joest is free. The irony there would be amazing.
Peugeot Sport Team Joest
Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3940737)   #39
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would be surprised if Joest teamed up with Peugeot. I am thinking it is more likely that one of VAG's super car brands will show up with something:
- Bugatti
- Bentley
- Audi
- Lamborghini
- Porsche
Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3940740)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I would be surprised if Joest teamed up with Peugeot. I am thinking it is more likely that one of VAG's super car brands will show up with something:
- Bugatti
- Bentley
- Audi
- Lamborghini
- Porsche
well they have lots of names to choose from.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3940753)   #41
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Can't wait for Hybrid-gate...
Old 15 Nov 2019, 23:53 (Ref:3940852)   #42
TF110
Veteran

United States
Oreca probably already lined up to run a car, that's what I think. And by Oreca, I am thinking Rebellion in the same way that Oreca had a 4th one in addition to the 3 factory 908's.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3941815)   #43
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder, with several years to go before the start of the programme if any drivers will start manoeuvring themselves into position for a race seat. I.e. looking to get into P2 / privateer P1

I imagine AMR will target a different set of drivers
Old 21 Nov 2019, 02:14 (Ref:3941859)   #44
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As far as AMR goes, I don't think that they'll move many current GT drivers to the LMP1 program. Especially as the GTE-Pro program is supposed to run concurrent to the LMP1 program.

For Peugeot, they do have a while to say the least. Certainly plenty of time to pruse the driver market from their own driver alliances and others who are up and coming pros looking at a LMP1 drive. Same also applies for AMR right now, too, though with much less time.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3941882)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure they can find enough decent drivers to help develop the programme. It's important to be in a top manufacturer car if they are to have a chance of winning every weekend, so it shouldn't be too hard to find drivers willing to help them
Old 22 Nov 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3942151)   #46
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Update on DSC, summarizing stories on Autohedbo & Le Maine.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/1...ar-update.html

Most interesting parts:

Quote:
And beyond that there’s a bit of a tease from Peugeot that whilst they are targeting a full-season entry for the 2022/23 FIA WEC they might be ready earlier than that, potentially for a debut towards the end of the previous season and possible a Le Mans run in 2022.
Quote:
One other significant additional snippet from Auto Hebdo confirms that Peugeot are one of the manufacturers directly engaged with the development of the 2023/24 Regulations to introduce zero emissions Hydrogen-fuelled car to the FIA WEC and Le Mans 24 Hours.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3944713)   #47
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Does this go in the pug thread or the rebellion thread?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3944714)   #48
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

Does this go in the pug thread or the rebellion thread?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3944718)   #49
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rebellion running those cars takes away a private entry. So whilst it's nice to see Rebellion step up, this is the same number of cars as before, but one set now relies on factory backing.

Dangerous game this.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3944722)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And how far from that rendering do we think the actual car will be? I never understand the early renders when they know that won't be accepted in that form. Never mind it's like they asked Elon Musk to pretend he knows what the public wants and build a "racecar."