Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Feb 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3801679)   #851
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sounds to me like the journalist took some freedoms.
Main point for me is that the Penalties will fall for giving false data, as the BoP between Hybrid and non-Hybrid is supposed to make them "equal".

So if we see that the Non-Hybrids are able to be faster in single lap or at a certain stage of the spring, nothing will happen. If the Non-hybrids carry a consistant faster pace, then there will be penalties.
A quite unlikely scenario.... but anyway it would the triumph of madness if it would happen for real.
A private lmp1 penalized because too much faster than clearly sandbagging toyotas....

Time to drop motorsport and get some more genuine stuff like WWE
Old 17 Feb 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3802013)   #852
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Spy shots of heavily disguised, mid-engined, turbo Corvette C8.

"It's expected to spawn a C8.R racing variant that could hit the track in 2019 for the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) sports car championship, with an entry into the Le Mans 24 Hours during that summer."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...gined-supercar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
A turbo v6 option, what is this world coming to?
Mid-engine, V6...the Pontiac Fiero lives! All it needs now is a 4 cylinder option.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3805235)   #853
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Honda WTCR driver Esteban Guerrieri tested a Honda NSX GT3 at Paul Ricard.

http://carburando.com/notas/guerrier...un-nuevo-honda
Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3805239)   #854
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Honda WTCR driver Esteban Guerrieri tested a Honda NSX GT3 at Paul Ricard.

http://carburando.com/notas/guerrier...un-nuevo-honda
This was a BOP test, not testing for a specific programme
Old 6 Mar 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3806268)   #855
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...ons-sports-car

The Alpine A110 now has GT4 and Cup versions.

The Alpine Europa Cup will start at Paul Ricard in June, and have additional rounds in Hockenheim, Spa-Francorchamps and Silverstone.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3806273)   #856
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...ons-sports-car

The Alpine A110 now has GT4 and Cup versions.

The Alpine Europa Cup will start at Paul Ricard in June, and have additional rounds in Hockenheim, Spa-Francorchamps and Silverstone.
Does this look a little basic compared to the 570s, R8, AMG GT, M4 GT4s??
Old 7 Mar 2018, 01:45 (Ref:3806406)   #857
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Does this look a little basic compared to the 570s, R8, AMG GT, M4 GT4s??
Yep, we probably need GT5 now for Alpine, Alfa 4C, BRZ, Miata, Ginetta G40.

Old 7 Mar 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3806504)   #858
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Well the autocar article says the CUP CAR weighs 1050kg, so if it lacks some power it's no doubt that the GT4 version is able to run VERY light. There should be no reason it's heavier than the cup version of the A110.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 12:10 (Ref:3807212)   #859
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Japanese Autosport web is reporting FIA establishes minimum sales unit for FIA-GT3.
FIA-GT3 manufacturers must sell at least 10 cars in 12 months since homologated, 20 cars in 24 months.
http://www.as-web.jp/sports-car/346690?all
Old 10 Mar 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3807285)   #860
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Japanese Autosport web is reporting FIA establishes minimum sales unit for FIA-GT3.
FIA-GT3 manufacturers must sell at least 10 cars in 12 months since homologated, 20 cars in 24 months.
http://www.as-web.jp/sports-car/346690?all
Must build those cars, if they want to build 20 in storage I don't think the FIA cares. You just have to actually prove you built 10, then 20 chassis. Looks like Lexus and Callaway will be done, Honda/Acura maybe as well but I didn't catch if that's retroactive or only for new homologation.

And I think that should shut the people who made previous claims Cadillac couldn't have real GT3 homologation, was nothing ever about having to sell or build minimums. The FIA hoped you would but didn't make it a rule.
Old 11 Mar 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3807324)   #861
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The principle is sensible enough, they need to at least try and keep the idea of GT3 moderately under control, although with the issue of evo kits BoP I think its far from a stand alone solution or problem
Old 13 Mar 2018, 02:21 (Ref:3807647)   #862
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
The principle is sensible enough, they need to at least try and keep the idea of GT3 moderately under control, although with the issue of evo kits BoP I think its far from a stand alone solution or problem
I agree, they are trying to prevent manufacturers from coming into gt3 full stop. But this doesn't do anything to stop Audi/Porsche/Mercedes/BMW/etc. from donating drivers and support to select teams. Also, this doesn't do anything to costs overall which is probably what is driving many folks towards gt4.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 07:32 (Ref:3807692)   #863
StueyB83
Rookie

StueyB83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think they are preventing Manufacturers from entry, rather forcing their hand to have more involvement to serve customers as the formula intended.

A market saturation due to the minimum build req's could create a price war that see GT3 ultimately go down in price - after all, in BoP aren't all cars supposed to be capable of the same performance/lap time anyway - although you can't really BoP a wide drivability window.

I am hoping with all 3 Japanese big brands now involved in GT3, the war among themselves would create more cars - but that remains to be seen.

Funny thing is, the FIA GT commission is formed from the participating manufacturers themselves...

Maybe we see a push back and relaxation of numbers - but given Aston can carve out 24 vulcans, McLaren 75 Senna GT-R's and Bentley 300 GT3-R Conti's - I doubt that will happen.
Old 16 Apr 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3816034)   #864
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Trying to rank the different GT series on the planet right now from best to worst. I'll go with this:

1. IMSA GTLM/GTD
2. WEC GTE Pro/AM
3. Blancpain Endurance Series
4. Japan Super GT
5. ADAC GT Masters
6. VLN/N24
7. Blancpain GT Asia
8. Int' GT Open
9. Blancpain Sprint Series
10. Creventic 24H Series
11. Pirelli World Challenge

I'd rank IMSA GT slightly ahead of WEC right now. But lets see how GTD does in the non enduro rounds coming up. PWC is not looking healthy at all. Also the Blancpain Sprint Series has lost a lot of depth to the grid this year. Notice the series I find more interesting than Blancpain GT Sprint so far this year. Seriously GT Open and GT Asia was more interesting. The Zolder round was quite boring. Creventic grids are hurting this year too.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3816211)   #865
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Yep, we probably need GT5 now for Alpine, Alfa 4C, BRZ, Miata, Ginetta G40.

I think we need a wholesale renumbering exercise before we go down that route!
Old 17 Apr 2018, 16:21 (Ref:3816217)   #866
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Trying to rank the different GT series on the planet right now from best to worst. I'll go with this:

1. IMSA GTLM/GTD
2. WEC GTE Pro/AM
3. Blancpain Endurance Series
4. Japan Super GT
5. ADAC GT Masters
6. VLN/N24
7. Blancpain GT Asia
8. Int' GT Open
9. Blancpain Sprint Series
10. Creventic 24H Series
11. Pirelli World Challenge

I'd rank IMSA GT slightly ahead of WEC right now. But lets see how GTD does in the non enduro rounds coming up. PWC is not looking healthy at all. Also the Blancpain Sprint Series has lost a lot of depth to the grid this year. Notice the series I find more interesting than Blancpain GT Sprint so far this year. Seriously GT Open and GT Asia was more interesting. The Zolder round was quite boring. Creventic grids are hurting this year too.
No love for GT4 and British GT?
Old 21 Apr 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3816810)   #867
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walter Derani, father of Rafa and Pipo Derani, has passed away earlier this week while battling against cancer.
Walter was the cofounder of the GT3 Brasil championship with Antonio Hermann and SRO back in 2007.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3916899)   #868
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Acura did a side by side comparison/test of their road going NSX and the GT3 version. I found it really interesting, and would be cool to see other makes do this as well.

https://youtu.be/tJkR2tIODko
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3963168)   #869
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure what the point of this is. Everything would still be BoP'd anyway, surely.

Unless... It's to make it easier to converge with ACO. Probably not.

https://sportscar365.com/other-serie...regs-for-2022/
Old 31 Mar 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3967798)   #870
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Logo Matra Sport

Something I discovered this week, Astérix's creator Albert Uderzo, who died several days ago, was also the creator of the Matra Sport logo.

Old 31 Mar 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3967800)   #871
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great fact!

I did not know he’d died
Old 23 Jul 2020, 16:35 (Ref:3990416)   #872
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...re-in-lmp.html

"That would be my my view. The devil’s in the details, but I think these LMP2 teams have a choice. Go LMDH, or go LMP3 and even call it LMP2 if you want to, it would still be the second fastest prototype class! Those cars are brand new, fantastic and much less expensive to run. Then whether it’s GT, GT3, GTD, call it what you want. We know where there’s the heaviest concentration of manufacturers of GT cars, both for Pro and Pro Am .And then you’ve got four classes, and three types of racecars. Your top prototypes, your second prototypes, GTs and you’ve got a Pro class and a Pro Am class, which is what sportscar racing has always been about."

I guess 9 years (or perhaps 10-11 if we count LMPC) of Pro-Am racing existing in the world of ACO now equals to "always has been about"

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they rebranded LMP3 as new LMP2 though, as he says

Last edited by Deleted; 23 Jul 2020 at 16:41.
Old 23 Jul 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3990417)   #873
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
United Autosport have done well with their sportscar team. And I’m sure they will continue into the new era. Of course there is a problem with the current LMP2 likely to become obsolete. That said, I expect quite a few teams to step up to LMDh. It’s where the future is after all. It would be a big step for UA, but I reckon they could do it. That said, they might need a bit of a prize for the independent teams, as the manufacturers are likely to hold sway, but I could be wrong

Also I don’t think we will that big a difference between LMP1 and LMDh, I expect performance will be similar in terms of speed and racing
Old 23 Jul 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3990457)   #874
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...re-in-lmp.html

"That would be my my view. The devil’s in the details, but I think these LMP2 teams have a choice. Go LMDH, or go LMP3 and even call it LMP2 if you want to, it would still be the second fastest prototype class! Those cars are brand new, fantastic and much less expensive to run. Then whether it’s GT, GT3, GTD, call it what you want. We know where there’s the heaviest concentration of manufacturers of GT cars, both for Pro and Pro Am .And then you’ve got four classes, and three types of racecars. Your top prototypes, your second prototypes, GTs and you’ve got a Pro class and a Pro Am class, which is what sportscar racing has always been about."

I guess 9 years (or perhaps 10-11 if we count LMPC) of Pro-Am racing existing in the world of ACO now equals to "always has been about"

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they rebranded LMP3 as new LMP2 though, as he says
That overall class structure isn't all that bad. Especially of LMDh ends up with a similar budget to current P2 cars. It would give teams choices of what they want to run, and if the elms and imsa both take that same class structure it would be a benefit to the teams and drivers wanting to run the big races.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3990649)   #875
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Mod note: I moved the talk of lmdh rules over to the lmp future regulations thread.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...07659&page=503