Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Sep 2015, 02:04 (Ref:3573480)   #1
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
WEC 2015 Round 5: COTA

Round five of the 2015 World Endurance Championship will be at Circuit of the Americas (aka COTA) this coming weekend and is part of the "Lone Star Le Mans" double header event. The IMSA TUSC race will be middle of the day Saturday and the WEC endurance race later in the evening of the same day.

Porsche is coming off strong LMP1 wins in the past two races. Can they keep the streak alive, or will it be broken?

9/17 @ 2:45 PM FP1
9/18 @ 5:45 PM GT Qualifying and @ 6:15 PM Prototype Qualifying
9/19 @ 5:00 PM Race (6 Hrs)

All times are local track time

Schedule

Entry List

Spotters Guide and another

Course/Track Maps and another

FRC

RLM

Note: We already have a TUSC COTA thread, but I think the intent was for that to be specific to the TUSC race and not the entire race weekend at COTA, so that is why I created this WEC specific thread. Also joeb has been creating many of the WEC race threads, but I wanted to go ahead and create one to get the discussion rolling. Apologies to joeb if he had a race thread in the works. Admins should feel free to edit this as need
Old 13 Sep 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3573481)   #2
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Really bummed I won't be able to watch much of this one, especially considering it's one of the last races of the season in a friendly time zone for U.S.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 02:08 (Ref:3573483)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So... If I was bold enough to create a race thread, that might be an indication of my enthusiasm for this event. I will be doing a one may road trip from North Carolina to the Austin area to attend this event. It will be my first trip to COTA. I am a long time Porsche fan, so I am excited to see them in person.

Who else here plans to attend? Any chance for some type of TenTenths meet up?

Richard
Old 13 Sep 2015, 02:10 (Ref:3573485)   #4
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
There are a couple members of the Greenville collective attending. Not sure of their time schedule, so I'll let them comment.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 02:16 (Ref:3573487)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

I didn't want to try to attempt to provide a wide list of broadcast info, but in the US it appears that Fox will show the entire race live on Fox Sports 2.

Richard
Old 13 Sep 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3573552)   #6
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No fs1 coverage?
Old 13 Sep 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3573574)   #7
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
So... If I was bold enough to create a race thread, that might be an indication of my enthusiasm for this event. I will be doing a one may road trip from North Carolina to the Austin area to attend this event. It will be my first trip to COTA. I am a long time Porsche fan, so I am excited to see them in person.

Who else here plans to attend? Any chance for some type of TenTenths meet up?

Richard
Wow - that is quite a road trip, should be fun.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3573594)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
No fs1 coverage?
It seems FS1 will be dominated during that time by collage football and a few other things. TUSC will be on FS2 as well.

Richard
Old 13 Sep 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3573613)   #9
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It seems FS1 will be dominated during that time by collage football and a few other things. TUSC will be on FS2 as well.
I don't think that the WEC had a better TV deal giving them higher priority than Tudor on FS1 before, but that racing early in the morning meant there was less competition from other events for the WEC.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3573784)   #10
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know what time the race starts in CET?
Old 14 Sep 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3573789)   #11
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Anyone know what time the race starts in CET?
11pm CET. The WEC website has a script for timezone conversions on the front page, so you can see when the various sessions are due to take place.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3573790)   #12
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you. Very clever feature, should have known to look there first :P
Old 14 Sep 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3573795)   #13
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
11pm CET. The WEC website has a script for timezone conversions on the front page, so you can see when the various sessions are due to take place.
I'm sure the app will correct that for PorscheFanNo1 but in case you wanna do the time maths yourself here we go:

Remember Texas is Central Time, the race starts at 5pm local time = +6 for the UK = 11pm and +7 for Euro mainland = 12 am aka midnight.

(We don't run into the change(s) from Daylight Savings into Standard time yet.)

Old 14 Sep 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3573817)   #14
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Bahhh. You wouldn't think I teach maths for a living would you...

Thanks for the correction Coach Ep. I was under the (mistaken) assumption that the times in Blighty matched those in mainland Europe because we are in BST (UTC+1) until late October. My misplaced sense of nationalism continually fools me into thinking that Britain is the only country to bother with daylight savings.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3573823)   #15
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Thanks for the correction Coach Ep. I was under the (mistaken) assumption that the times in Blighty matched those in mainland Europe because we are in BST (UTC+1) until late October. My misplaced sense of nationalism continually fools me into thinking that Britain is the only country to bother with daylight savings.
In another forum there were a bunch of people in England upset that a helpful GMT offset for some times was wrong. They thought it was wrong because they didn't know that GMT wasn't whatever their clocks said.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 15:48 (Ref:3573828)   #16
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pick 'Em: http://nasportscar.com/2014-tusc-pick-em/
Old 14 Sep 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3573898)   #17
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Benny Simonsen replaces Roald Goathe in the #96 GTAM Aston Martin. Goathe can't make it for business reasons apparently.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...-for-cota.html
Old 15 Sep 2015, 15:45 (Ref:3574028)   #18
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The tyre allocation is going back to how it was pre-LM, with one less set available. Why was it raised for the Nurburgring?
Old 15 Sep 2015, 16:01 (Ref:3574032)   #19
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...Because no one had raced at the ring and they had no data.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3574119)   #20
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a lengthy test at the ring before the event. That circuit is very hard on tyres though.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 01:05 (Ref:3574142)   #21
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
There was a lengthy test at the ring before the event. That circuit is very hard on tyres though.
Which could have made strategy and the race more interesting I think.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3574185)   #22
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Which could have made strategy and the race more interesting I think.
Precisely.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3574472)   #23
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Why is the #7 Audi sitting in the pits? And even though we've gone though only a third of the session, it already looks like a Porsche white wash.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3574473)   #24
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Why is the #7 Audi sitting in the pits? And even though we've gone though only a third of the session, it already looks like a Porsche white wash.
More than likely trying to save that engine due to the penalty they got after LM and they have had a long yellow during this first session which has slowed things down. No point in running if you can't get the max out of the car if you are saving the engine.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3574474)   #25
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
No excuse for that since they're using old engines for opening day practice. It's been sitting in the pits for almost 20 minutes like they have some type of problem.

And though we're not even half way though FP1, either Audi are sandbagging or they once again have missed the mark with set up, be it aero or chassis.