Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Sep 2018, 12:45 (Ref:3852762)   #76
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Hyper car regulations are eventually put in place, whats the chances of the privateers currently in P1 actually pulling out after the end of this superseason?

I mean, why spend another season developing a car and spending money if they cant then use it in a hypercar season?
Old 26 Sep 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3852764)   #77
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think you'd see a no improvement or upgrade season over pulling out completely but there's always that supply of cash to fund the season dilemma. Rebellion for 2019-2020 champs like Toyota this season?
Old 26 Sep 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3852773)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'll be voting with my wallet - if it stays at 4 hours then 2019 will be the first time I won't be going since I started following endurance racing (not that long, admittedly!).

They just had their best attendance at Silverstone for a WEC race, albeit almost certainly helped by the Alonso/Button factor, proving that many people are happy to pony up to watch a 6 hour race live, then decide to cut it by 1/3 for next year based on a local survey (the published results of which are conspicuous by their absence).

Masters series is nice and all, but doesn't even come close to making up for stiffing us on the main event.
As long as you're not going because you don't want to. I've seen some idiotic tosh elsewhere on the internet about not going 'out of protest' which is about as daft as it gets....
Old 26 Sep 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3852787)   #79
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodcc View Post
If the Hyper car regulations are eventually put in place, whats the chances of the privateers currently in P1 actually pulling out after the end of this superseason?

I mean, why spend another season developing a car and spending money if they cant then use it in a hypercar season?
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...gulations.html
Quote:
The proposals from the start have looked to address a number of key issues to allow a healthy non-factory contingent to compete.

Certainly, there seems to be an inevitable need for some form of ‘grandfathering’ for the current generation of LMP1 non-hybrid privateer cars.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3852798)   #80
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I was pretty sure that the talk was about manufacturers selling the car or the powertrain for privateers. I thought that was in the rules at least being part of them.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3852804)   #81
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'll be voting with my wallet - if it stays at 4 hours then 2019 will be the first time I won't be going since I started following endurance racing (not that long, admittedly!).

Masters series is nice and all, but doesn't even come close to making up for stiffing us on the main event.
Across the three days of the event there is currently about 18 hours of on-track running between ELMS and WEC. Adding Masters Endurance Series would, IMO, make this already awesome weekend even more awesome. If that’s the payoff for losing 2 hours from the WEC race, I’m content.

I write, BTW, as someone who thinks anything less than 8 hours is a sprint race. Were Silverstone a standalone WEC event I’d be very unhappy, but in the context of the multi-series event we have the reduction to 4 hours isn’t such a blow. IMHO of course.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3852811)   #82
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excluding Le Mans
Next season will have 4 hours more racing than the 'super season' with 2 races shorter than 6 hours, 2 longer (both by 2 hours)

So despite Silverstone having ELMS as well, everyone seems focussed on that race being cut rather than Shanghai (or the good news of some longer races)

What's the opposite of NIMBY?

I for one won't be happy until the entire season is fortnightly 24 hour races at my local track
Old 26 Sep 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3852812)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's IMBYOIWGIP

In my back yard or I won't go in protest...…
Old 26 Sep 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3852827)   #84
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Racing hours

With Le Mans
2010 ILMC: 3600km
2011 ILMC: 70 Hours *
2012 WEC: 72 Hours
2013 WEC: 66 Hours
2014 WEC: 66 Hours
2015 WEC: 66 Hours
2016 WEC: 72 Hours
2017 WEC: 72 Hours
2018-19 WEC: 86 Hours **
2019-20 WEC: 66 Hours **

Without Le Mans
2010 ILMC: 3600km
2011 ILMC: 46 Hours *
2012 WEC: 48 Hours
2013 WEC: 42 Hours
2014 WEC: 42 Hours
2015 WEC: 42 Hours
2016 WEC: 48 Hours
2017 WEC: 48 Hours
2018-19 WEC: 38 Hours **
2019-20 WEC: 42 Hours **

* Minus PLM distance completion
** Minus (theoretical) Sebring distance completion

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Sep 2018 at 18:26.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3852893)   #85
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As long as you're not going because you don't want to. I've seen some idiotic tosh elsewhere on the internet about not going 'out of protest' which is about as daft as it gets....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Across the three days of the event there is currently about 18 hours of on-track running between ELMS and WEC. Adding Masters Endurance Series would, IMO, make this already awesome weekend even more awesome. If that’s the payoff for losing 2 hours from the WEC race, I’m content.

I write, BTW, as someone who thinks anything less than 8 hours is a sprint race. Were Silverstone a standalone WEC event I’d be very unhappy, but in the context of the multi-series event we have the reduction to 4 hours isn’t such a blow. IMHO of course.

Each to their own, obviously, but for me the WEC race is the main event. The rest of the weekend's activity is a bonus, no more (though if I want to watch a 4 hour race I'd probably get a better one from the ELMS). Ultimately, again for me, they choose to remove 2 hours from the race - I choose not to give them money....
Old 27 Sep 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3852915)   #86
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I agree Greg, the WEC is the main event, but losing 2 hours isn't good enough reason for me to boycott the only chance I'll have to see the cars outside Le Mans next year. Aside from that, it's also 3 days with some good mates, some much needed exercise and a break from the norm. I'll be there (tickets already booked).
Old 27 Sep 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3852925)   #87
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's fair enough - I will freely admit I am still feeling quite sulky about it! Plenty of time to change my mind of course...

It's also affected by the fact I'm going to my first Le Mans next year, so I won't be missing out on seeing the cars in action by not going to Silverstone.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3852927)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah well, you should have said! Well done you on taking the plunge, the one thing I know is that you won't regret it. Trouble is, having experienced Le Mans you may well find it impossible to resist Silverstone in August!
Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3853001)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I agree Greg, the WEC is the main event, but losing 2 hours isn't good enough reason for me to boycott the only chance I'll have to see the cars outside Le Mans next year. Aside from that, it's also 3 days with some good mates, some much needed exercise and a break from the norm. I'll be there (tickets already booked).
It is about time you made the effort and book for Spa, you know you will love it Andrew.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3853007)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe, when I'm retired Simon - not so far away now, I hope.....
Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3853010)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe, when I'm retired Simon - not so far away now, I hope.....
You still selling what is left of your life for money? surely you have enough of that by now, and you can never buy time back, been retired now over 6 years and never regretted it, and i am younger than you i think.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3853012)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're right, I need to go. Bit the missus and I wanted to downsize first and that just isn't happening..… But I'd despair if I'm not out of it by this time next year….
Old 16 Nov 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3863596)   #93
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2019/20 Prologue and Rookie Test dates and venues announced:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/1...okie-test.html
Old 16 Nov 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3863638)   #94
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Barcelona for the Prologue. What did Pail Ricard do? Is it the time of year, or did all those years of campaigning from Montserrat Caballé finally and fittingly pay off?
Old 17 Nov 2018, 06:20 (Ref:3863726)   #95
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Barcelona for the Prologue. What did Pail Ricard do? Is it the time of year, or did all those years of campaigning from Montserrat Caballé finally and fittingly pay off?
I was thinking maybe the French GP had something to do with it, but that's a month prior. So the logical conclusion is it's because of Alonso being Spanish
Old 17 Nov 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3863737)   #96
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I was thinking maybe the French GP had something to do with it, but that's a month prior. So the logical conclusion is it's because of Alonso being Spanish
That was certainly the conclusion I came to...not that I'm a cynic or conspiracy theorist.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 23:35 (Ref:3865890)   #97
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Why would Sebring need to be replaced?
It doesn't but as you can read here Neveu and co. might have different ideas after March:

(scroll down to second part)
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...020-21-season/
Old 25 Nov 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3865892)   #98
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Yes, it says the following:
Quote:
“This is fair to say, ‘to-be-confirmed’ because we need to have some [conditions] after the first event. At this moment the plan is to go to Sebring.
“We have to race first in 2019. If it works well, if the paddock is happy, we normally have a commitment to say that it’s for several years.
Of course it remains to be soon if the first race is a success but it's clearly stated that if it is the goal is to remain at Sebring. I don't see how this leads you to 'fully expect[ing] Sebring to replaced after 2019'.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 23:50 (Ref:3865894)   #99
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Yes, it says the following:
Of course it remains to be soon if the first race is a success but it's clearly stated that if it is the goal is to remain at Sebring. I don't see how this leads you to 'fully expect[ing] Sebring to replaced after 2019'.
Because Sebring is the opposite of everything that the WEC has done up to this point (Grade 1 tracks, VIP facilities, shared events, etc.).
Old 26 Nov 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3865906)   #100
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

It is indeed unique, next to Le Mans. But seeing as how the tickets were sold out in record time there seems to be enough interest anyway and I don't see why they would just keep it to one event if the points you mention are any consideration.