Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Apr 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3399173)   #401
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah me too think that the lmp1-h / lmp1-l split is senseless when there isn't any hybrid car among private lmp1's. The private lmp1 "sub" class basicly is dead, you can't pretend that a private team can spend over 2 mln of € per season to finish behind work lmp1, while in lmp2 a team need less than 500.000€
Old 28 Apr 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3399179)   #402
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Kodewa still appears on the just updated LM entry list so I guess it's not entirely dead "class", but nevertheless yes it's rather pointless.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3399191)   #403
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in past seasons, lmp1 was numberous because teams were able to take part with a considerably cheap package that basicly was: lola, courage or zytek/ginetta chassis + judd engine. Of course, like nowadays, private teams had 0 chances to fight for the overall win but they were able to compete full season with a reasonable budget.
After 2012 lola doesn't produce sportscars anymore and the other chassis manufacturers (HPD, oreca, onroak) just focus on lmp2 market. Is easy to realize that the private lmp1 class is a dead horse if a team must to project and build from scratch the car to take part...
my suggestions to revive the class are:
A. let private teams to use 1-2 years old, hybridless versions and costcapped audi/toyota/porsche cars
B. private lmp1 class made by coupè lmp2 chassis powered by lmp1 engines
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3399193)   #404
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Well Kodewa still appears on the just updated LM entry list so I guess it's not entirely dead "class", but nevertheless yes it's rather pointless.
Even if this is the wrong thread. According to Autosport the monocoque was crashed tested last week so I think the Kodewa Lotus is still alive though very late. Not sure if they have started to build up the car already before the crash-test. I think not. Commucation politics of the team is very poor.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3399225)   #405
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium
my suggestions to revive the class are:
A. let private teams to use 1-2 years old, hybridless versions and costcapped audi/toyota/porsche cars
B. private lmp1 class made by coupè lmp2 chassis powered by lmp1 engins
C. Re-allow LMP1s to race in other series too, forcing your privateers to run in expensive world series behind the factories isn't viable
Old 28 Apr 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3399258)   #406
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by templer View Post
Even if this is the wrong thread. According to Autosport the monocoque was crashed tested last week so I think the Kodewa Lotus is still alive though very late. Not sure if they have started to build up the car already before the crash-test. I think not. Commucation politics of the team is very poor.
Indeed no website to be found about this years entry.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3399408)   #407
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some more pics here. Don't think these have been posted.

https://twitter.com/matlemans/status...648512/photo/1
Old 29 Apr 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3399528)   #408
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Posted by neilsb on the spa thread, but checked on the spa entry list and it looks like they are running one of each at spa and not both R1's
http://www.fiawec.com/races/6-hours-...ntry-list.html
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3399541)   #409
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Possibly sensible hedging of bets - especially as the guys in the #13 got very little seat time at Silverstone?

It's also a way of possibly running a conservative race with the Lola and potentially picking up on any new car issues that the works teams might have.

Not long though until we get an answer one way or another.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3399547)   #410
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not to ignore the fact that they are able to test the two cars against each other.
See how similar/different the R1 is in setup compared to the Lola. This can help them use last years setups, to set the R1 up, if the cars are similar.
Even though I would love to see two R1's running at Spa, this really seem to be the smartest decision to make.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3399549)   #411
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i can see some advantages of doing one of each but Rebellion needs to give the new car some running time before Le mans and not be wasting time running the old one
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3399551)   #412
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Makes complete sense to run one of each and then bring them both to test day.

I imagine they will be low on spares so it might be better to focus on one car.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3399553)   #413
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Fully liveried:

https://twitter.com/matlemans/status/461024284144451585

And those are, without a doubt, first-gen Peugeot 908 headlights.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3399557)   #414
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well that car is numbered 13 which according to the spa list is the old tub, so that indicates they will be running both r1's good news
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3399560)   #415
Deleted
Veteran

Not as nice looking with the livery on, black hid many of the shapes.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3399573)   #416
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Fully liveried:

It is!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3399579)   #417
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love it!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3399597)   #418
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Fully liveried:

The front lights are really looking like a Peugeot 908!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3399598)   #419
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
The front lights are really looking like a Peugeot 908!
That's probably because Oreca still had some lying around.

Just got a tweet from Rebellion, I asked if they we're running two R-One's or just one R-One and one Lola. They answered with this:

Quote:
@NielsBreider We have confirmed last week that we will run two new REBELLION R-One at Spa.
pic.twitter.com/E0iI8chnit
So the information from the fiawec website is inaccurate (again).
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3399599)   #420
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
good looking car! three days till we can see it for real.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3399604)   #421
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just got a tweet from Rebellion, I asked if they we're running two R-One's or just one R-One and one Lola. They answered with this:

So the information from the fiawec website is inaccurate (again).[/QUOTE]

I think that is the right move, just a pity i will not be there to see them this year, will have to wait until June
Old 29 Apr 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3399629)   #422
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Fully liveried:

I am still hoping for some gold touches on this livery...
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3399641)   #423
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Same here, in my opinion it needs the gold back to replace some of the white. Every car in the class has plenty of white on it.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3399666)   #424
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That would spice it up a bit, but even as it is it will be a standout vs the other P1's.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3399679)   #425
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I agree. The way they have used the gold in previous years was a great accent.