Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 May 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3406296)   #551
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Theyre still testing, beginning of day two here
Old 14 May 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3406298)   #552
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They look like the old closed car rather than the new open one
Old 14 May 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3406412)   #553
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet the open, short wheel base, is out on the track
Old 16 May 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3407025)   #554
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did anyone have information about their testing????

Lets hope they gather "miles" and "valide information" to be near the front @ Le Mans.
Old 16 May 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3407035)   #555
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The focus right now should be fully on reliability rather than speed. Speed means nothing in current subtext, as long as it's faster than LMP2 it's good enough. They're not gonna have any saying to factories power wise and their pointless sub class only has -potentially- one competitor, which itself is unlikely to make it past 30 minutes anyway.

So as with Lolas their hope is to keep the machines rolling and pray for the works cars to either crash or have terminal mechanical gremlins (temporary issues don't matter, the works cars can make up even 10+ laps in few hours). With all models and systems being brand new there is better chance for something to happen than in the last few years

And for the secondary objective ie LMP1-L sub trophy award - they'll get it as long as they finish the race even 75 laps down so there's that too to work on reliability

Last edited by Deleted; 16 May 2014 at 19:18.
Old 16 May 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3407040)   #556
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should run as hard as possible with one car to show the FIA how much extra fuel flow they need to be able to keep up with the factories.
Old 16 May 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3407043)   #557
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
They should run as hard as possible with one car to show the FIA how much extra fuel flow they need to be able to keep up with the factories.
Shouldn't they rather not do that. Surely weaker power performance grants better BoP opportunities for post-LM adjustment than actually attempting to have some kind of go at it just for showing's shake. I'd think the privateer-factory (or H-L) data isn't as carefully monitored as the factory-factory is, what matters are the seconds between the two

For Rebellion two ultra concervative new cars is better strategy than one risky new car and one concervative new car . However, had they opted to bring one R-One + Lola B12/60 then I would have agreed with you.
Old 16 May 2014, 20:02 (Ref:3407048)   #558
Deleted
Veteran

And speaking of speed itself, I'd think ACO to give them some extra BoP gifts prior this LM anyway

At Spa:
Quote:
Whether that comes entirely with improvements from the car, BoP changes, or a likely mix of both, remains to be seen. “You cannot give an artificial advantage to win the race,” Beaumesnil said. “You can just give some help to be in the game and if something happens in the front, they will be there and will be much closer than last year for sure.”

Beaumesnil would not reveal the target percentage they are looking for the LMP1-L cars to be within of the works entries. He also admitted it would be difficult to say if any performance adjustments would be made between the Le Mans Test Day and race.
“We are really on the learning process now,” he said. “We need to take the experience of the first races to evaluate. Performance is not only a question of lap time. It’s a question of top speed, ability to manage the traffic, tire management, etc. It’s many parameters.
We'll see it in few weeks

Last edited by Deleted; 16 May 2014 at 20:10.
Old 16 May 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3407070)   #559
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
According to the rules, the specs are set until AFTER Le Mans. So its not likely theyll get any breaks. A bigger tank should be given to them based off Spa.
Old 17 May 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3407158)   #560
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
According to the rules, the specs are set until AFTER Le Mans. So its not likely theyll get any breaks. A bigger tank should be given to them based off Spa.
I'm not sure if that is true. Of course in factory-factory EoT it is, but I reckon they can still performance balance the L/privateer cars as frequently as they wish against the H/works cars as a whole? Why else would have mr Beaumesnil even have raised the possibility of pre-LM adjustments?
Old 17 May 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3407191)   #561
TF110
Veteran

United States
Audi spoke of 'eot' also, that dont mean theyll get a break. Maybe Rebellion can say theyre not a factory hybrid team so they fall outside those rues, but I would think it covers all lmp1.
Old 17 May 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3407209)   #562
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest EoT only covered manufacturers so I'm sure they can do something if they want to.
Old 28 May 2014, 08:26 (Ref:3411665)   #563
TF110
Veteran

United States
Some livery changes and some technical insight here-http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmay14.html
Old 28 May 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3411871)   #564
Deleted
Veteran

Upper angle

Could use more gold again.

So what do you think is actually going to happen with Rebellion at Le Mans... no "what I hope" or "result X would be good for them", but what do you think is a realistic outcome?

I'm sure both cars will be faster than LMP2 field in quali this time round. For the race I kinda have to go for double DNF... maybe, maybe #12 will be able to drag itself to the finish but even then I see sitting in the garage for some time. I mean they don't technically have anyone to compete against speed wise so they can fully take the concervative route (hoping for factories to crash or retire) but for such new car of their own with relatively little mileage technical gremlins seem way more probable than not

With Nissan now on radar next year is going to be even more difficult in terms of hoping for overall success, even when the R-One is fully up to speed at that point

Last edited by Deleted; 28 May 2014 at 15:57.
Old 28 May 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3411877)   #565
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
They certainly won't be pushing the car, so I'd expect race pace to be ~2 seconds faster than LMP2 (as opposed to ~2 seconds slower than the factory cars).

Something will make itself an issue though. That plus a lack of familiarity [without the factory resources to brute-force their way through] will see both cars retire. I reckon 12-16 hours for #12, <12 for #13.
Old 28 May 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3411880)   #566
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Upper angle

Could use more gold again.

So what do you think is actually going to happen with Rebellion at Le Mans... no "what I hope" or "result X would be good for them", but what do you think is a realistic outcome?

I'm sure both cars will be faster than LMP2 field in quali this time round. For the race I kinda have to go for double DNF... maybe, maybe #12 will be able to drag itself to the finish but even then I see sitting in the garage for some time. I mean they don't technically have anyone to compete against speed wise so they can fully take the concervative route (hoping for factories to crash or retire) but for such new car of their own with relatively little mileage technical gremlins seem way more probable than not

With Nissan now on radar next year is going to be even more difficult in terms of hoping for overall success, even when the R-One is up to speed at that point
Realistically? I'd probably agree, one car getting to the finish with a bit of time in the garage.

Whether this will be enough to get it into the top 10 overall (assuming a bit of attrition among the factory LMP1s but also that the top LMP2s, with a clean run like the Morgans had last year, could be well up there), or if it'll be a bit more of a walking wounded exercise with a very long Sunday - a lot more open to question. Letting the head rule I imagine it'll be more towards the latter, with towards the end a lot of attention going towards getting it across the line and hoping to get classified.

So long as both cars qualify soundly and run strongly towards Saturday evening I'm not sure that's necessarily a problem. It's still a very ambitious project and very new car and getting running in will (a) give them data and (b), probably more importantly, persuade the owners that it's still worth shelling out for the project.
Old 28 May 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3411923)   #567
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depending on how the test day goes, I'm wondering if they will try to run two different strategies with the 12 and 13 for the race. Maybe send the 12 out and try and keep it clean to see how long it can last and send the 13 out for outright pace. Maybe try and learn more about the car by running them differently?
Old 28 May 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3411932)   #568
Deleted
Veteran

I said this before but IF they had opted for 1x R-One + 1x B12/60 I would've PERFECTLY seen the sense in running one car that went after ultimate speed (R-One) while keeping the other one in concervative "keep putting laps in" mode (Lola). However with two new fragile cars it doesn't make sense to do that or have both going for power - especially since they are literally racing against no-one speed wise - so the best solution is to play it safe with two cars. Pray for others to explode and pray yourself not to explode.

I'd think what joeb suggested can be attempted during the rest of the season when results don't matter so much

There's a new article of the R-One on recent french Sport Auto magazine - you might barely be able to make something out of this I guess

Old 28 May 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3411946)   #569
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I like the new livery from the front, car looks more aggressive this way.
Old 28 May 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3411977)   #570
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think that perhaps one car may have problems and the other run through to the finish and a reasonable place if the factory cars have problems
Old 28 May 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3412082)   #571
TF110
Veteran

United States
Theyve tested a bit since Spa. And have the test day for more data, so I think theyll be on the tail of the factory cars. They had decent top speed at Spa even though they werent pushing. Im hopeful for them.
Old 28 May 2014, 22:43 (Ref:3412108)   #572
Deleted
Veteran

Fastest Rebellion/SpeedySebah Q time compared to slowest Audi/Toyota/Peugeot qualifier

Le Mans

2014: N/A
2013: +2,259 s
2012: +3,417 s
2011: +6,611 s
2010: +9,885 s
2009: +1,234 s

Spa

2014: +8,774 s
2013: +0,279 s
2012: +1,529 s
2011: -5,341 s (due to weather, also #8 Pug not counted); compared to slowest Audi +4,622 s
2010: +2,856 s
2009: +1,940 s

And those were proven Lolas that were particularly towards the more recent years given pretty big performance breaks
Old 29 May 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3412151)   #573
TF110
Veteran

United States
The key word, developed. This car had its first outing at Spa. So its ceiling goes up with more running. That means the gap will shrink not grow. I think itll be 3 seconds back from the pack of factory teams.
Old 29 May 2014, 07:54 (Ref:3412214)   #574
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The key word, developed. This car had its first outing at Spa. So its ceiling goes up with more running. That means the gap will shrink not grow. I think itll be 3 seconds back from the pack of factory teams.
Of course I know that, I was merely pointing that we shouldn't expect them to be any closer to the factories this year than in the recent seasons with the Lola. Maybe next year but now it's not the time yet.

I'd expect 4+ s (between slowest factory and fastest R-One) unless ACO hands them BoP adjustments after test day

Last edited by Deleted; 29 May 2014 at 08:11.
Old 29 May 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3412237)   #575
TF110
Veteran

United States
If bop "after Le Mans" only applies to manufacturers, I bet they do get help. If so, my guess is a higher fuel flow or bigger tank? Will the latter prove difficult to accomodate to the car?