Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Sep 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3671916)   #1551
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be honest, I don't see either of those two things as an issue at all.

Oreca is a business. If a customer is willing to pay for something to be altered, Oreca will alter it.

And the ACO didn't see Rebellion's Toyota engine as any sort of works effort. I don't know why they'd see the Nissan engine any differently.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3671945)   #1552
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ORECA won't care what engine is in the back. They currently supply LMP2s to customers who use Nissan engines. And since Toyota isn't selling anything to Rebellion anymore, it doesn't matter what goes in the back. I highly doubt Toyota have a "don't work with other Japanese manufacturers in other classes" clause with ORECAs organisation.

I also don't see why it would be considered a works Nissan effort just because the engine originated in a failed LMP1. The DeltaWing wasn't a works Aston Martin effort just because it came the chassis came from the AMR-One.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3671993)   #1553
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yeah it makes little sense to Oreca to not be allowed another Japanese engine just because HDC is in the Toyota garages.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3672331)   #1554
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I also don't see why it would be considered a works Nissan effort just because the engine originated in a failed LMP1. The DeltaWing wasn't a works Aston Martin effort just because it came the chassis came from the AMR-One.
Because they would probably want to slap giant NISSAN stickers on the entire sides of the Oreca and to rebrand the team as Rebellion Nissan Racing or something?

(not that such camouflage would really matter)
Old 6 Oct 2016, 15:04 (Ref:3677855)   #1555
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see Rebellion will be in LMP2 next year. Is that the death of private LMP1?

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/r...n-2017-835475/
Old 6 Oct 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3677865)   #1556
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now the stage's set for Rebellion to be at the Daytona 24...
Old 6 Oct 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3677867)   #1557
JPS66
Rookie

JPS66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Sebah still run the Rebellion cars next year?
TDS Racing gets some Rebellion sticker this season and is already running P2...
Old 6 Oct 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3677868)   #1558
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, this is not a surprise. The P1-L have no sense with just two teams, the P2 going faster and cheaper, and the P1-H extremely faster.

I would love to see Rebellion at Daytona and other IMSA races, plus at the WEC.
Old 6 Oct 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3677869)   #1559
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Now the stage's set for Rebellion to be at the Daytona 24...
I'd guess at least at the Roar to treat their new toy and see what things look like. And maybe test some drivers. Could they run their current line up in LMP2, WEC or ELMS? Know nothing about most of their line up from 2016.
Old 6 Oct 2016, 23:50 (Ref:3677979)   #1560
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
God damn it.

Having them run proam spec Oreca-Zyteks against proam spec Oreca-Zyteks and Onroak-Zyteks at Le Mans is gonna be dire.

Thanks for the run Rebellion, but it's over.

Last edited by Deleted; 7 Oct 2016 at 00:03.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 01:55 (Ref:3678002)   #1561
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Here’s the big question to which we don’t yet know the answer: Two months ago, Rebellion said that it would be back in the WEC in 2017 in LMP1. So what happened between then and now to convince Rebellion to step down to LMP2?
Old 7 Oct 2016, 02:33 (Ref:3678005)   #1562
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Cheaper route, already have connections with Oreca, and their current driver line up in their one remaining car is current LMP2 legal (?).
Old 7 Oct 2016, 03:21 (Ref:3678011)   #1563
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Cheaper route, already have connections with Oreca, and their current driver line up in their one remaining car is current LMP2 legal (?).
And all that was true two months ago. So why the change of direction now?
Old 7 Oct 2016, 03:54 (Ref:3678012)   #1564
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think is just money. Teams always say something positive, because there are sponsors and partners behind. I'm sure they made a detailed calculation about cost-benefit to stay on P1 and then decided that is not the best to stay, as simpel as that. Next year the P2 will be almost as fast as the current P1-L at a lower price, so, why to stay on P1-L racing against a poor team as ByKolles? Now, they are free to race at IMSA and WEC if they upgrade the Oreca to 7 spec and fight for real victories.

Today Boris Bermes from ByKolles said that they will keep running next year, but I'm almost sure they won't. But they can't say today they won't next year.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 06:40 (Ref:3678040)   #1565
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe they have gone to LMP2 mostly because next year the LMP2 cars are getting faster, and fielding a slower, more expensive and potentially less reliable LMP1 car is pointless.
I do think they will probably return to LMP1 IF it becomes viable again.

Now that leaves Bykolles alone. Wonder what they will do?
Old 7 Oct 2016, 06:41 (Ref:3678042)   #1566
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
I believe they have gone to LMP2 mostly because next year the LMP2 cars are getting faster, and fielding a slower, more expensive and potentially less reliable LMP1 car is pointless.
I do think they will probably return to LMP1 IF it becomes viable again.

That's how I see it too. They want to run in LMP1-L, but why spend a lot of money to be slower than a sped up P2 class? It just doesn't make sense.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3678051)   #1567
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's how I see it too. They want to run in LMP1-L, but why spend a lot of money to be slower than a sped up P2 class? It just doesn't make sense.
I think it still remains to be seen "IF" the new P2, will be that much quicker after all? Does the Gibson have the power they say it does, as it seems a little optimistic to think so from the size and heritage.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3678065)   #1568
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Buy a Bigger Trophy Cabinet ?
Old 7 Oct 2016, 08:11 (Ref:3678066)   #1569
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

They have said they will continue.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3678075)   #1570
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Rebellion themselves were planning to continue, and according to what they said, they parked the #12 to focus on development for next year's car...
Old 7 Oct 2016, 12:30 (Ref:3678106)   #1571
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been rooting for Rebellion for years now and have been a huge supporter of them challenging in P1 and continuing on in the spirit of Pescarolo, Racing for Holland etc. However, with the new P2 regs, I think this is the right move for them. If I were them, I'd be taking a long hard look at running in IMSA or at least the NAEC alongside whatever they are doing in Europe.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3678111)   #1572
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
If I were them, I'd be taking a long hard look at running in IMSA or at least the NAEC alongside whatever they are doing in Europe.
I don't think a full IMSA attack is feasible (logistics/date wise), but with the freed up budget they should be able to do NAEC and possibly ELMS on top. Curious to read about their further plans.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 12:52 (Ref:3678114)   #1573
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How will ByKolles feel if they are the only car in class and still never win because they can't finish a race?

P1-L sounds pretty dead to me. It was always pretty much of a zombie class, anyway ...
Old 7 Oct 2016, 13:11 (Ref:3678119)   #1574
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
How will ByKolles feel if they are the only car in class and still never win because they can't finish a race?

P1-L sounds pretty dead to me. It was always pretty much of a zombie class, anyway ...
That 70% race distance is a mighty goal for them.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3678126)   #1575
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Chassis availability might affect an potential entry to the early IMSA NAEC races (not to mention the WEC test days directly after the Sebring 12H...) and sounds like a big factor unless they put in order some time ago to get to the front of the line (???).