Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4038959)   #376
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
About time they did. We've had enough of the BBC's covid blanket coverage, to the point they keep changing schedules to give us a 'Covid update'
Old 5 Mar 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4038973)   #377
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Could it be that someone working in the BBC actually likes motorsport? Or as said they are just getting feed up with Covid, Megan/harri stories. Well long may it last.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4039022)   #378
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The BBC also reported the news of Ferrari joining the WEC with a hypercar...😮
Which is why that in itself is such a big deal for the ACO
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4039036)   #379
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
About time they did. We've had enough of the BBC's covid blanket coverage, to the point they keep changing schedules to give us a 'Covid update'
No, they don't.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4039038)   #380
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
No, they don't.
They didn't need to anyway, it was saturation 'bad news' coverage, sandwiched between the 25 daily showings of Emmerdale and Constipation Street....
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4039041)   #381
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
They certainly don’t run either of the soaps you name!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4039044)   #382
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
They certainly don’t run either of the soaps you name!
True John..... poetic licence........
Old 5 Mar 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4039054)   #383
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
All soap opera's are much the same, so don't watch any of them
Old 5 Mar 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4039068)   #384
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pierre Fillon would expect between 20000 and 50000 spectators in August
https://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/repor...CGEyPN5sdjWFp8
Old 5 Mar 2021, 20:25 (Ref:4039071)   #385
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i just hope i will be one of them
Old 5 Mar 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4039076)   #386
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this thread is becoming a soap opera.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4039084)   #387
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i just hope i will be one of them
I hope so too Simon but he said no other postponing. The 24 h will be held at this date with or without spectators.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 23:46 (Ref:4039105)   #388
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Pierre Fillon would expect between 20000 and 50000 spectators in August
https://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/repor...CGEyPN5sdjWFp8
Hope it's closer to 50k. Better make sure I get my ACO membership renewed.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4039149)   #389
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
50k would be a good number. I am sure they will get in as many as they can. Too little and it would look empty round certain parts of the circuit
Old 6 Mar 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4039169)   #390
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
50k would be a good number. I am sure they will get in as many as they can. Too little and it would look empty round certain parts of the circuit
50k and it certainly will. The thing will be where those 50k are 'placed'. I assume that we're talking 'villages' again....
Old 6 Mar 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4039171)   #391
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I hope so too Simon but he said no other postponing. The 24 h will be held at this date with or without spectators.
Is that what the article says Eric? Sadly most of it is behind a paywall.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4039186)   #392
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, my ferry is rebooked, just in case. I'm using up some of Simon's optimism......
Old 6 Mar 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4039224)   #393
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, my ferry is rebooked, just in case. I'm using up some of Simon's optimism......
So is mine in case we get to go. If not then it will be rearranged again for next year

Sean
Old 6 Mar 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4039240)   #394
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Plenty of optimism to go round, see you in August
Old 6 Mar 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4039243)   #395
S griffin
Veteran

I’m sure it will go ahead with spectators, it will be worth the extra wait
Old 6 Mar 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4039253)   #396
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Is that what the article says Eric? Sadly most of it is behind a paywall.
Pierre Fillon says that the race will stay at this date and it will not be postponed at another date. The sanitory conditions will drive the spectators access conditions. And the "behind closed doors" option is not dismissed. But for sure the situation will get better!!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 6 Mar 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4039265)   #397
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hoping to go with my girlfriend and family - is it worth us all getting ACO memberships?
Old 6 Mar 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4039266)   #398
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'll join you in that, but we need to jump through a few hoops yet.

The ACO has to fulfil government requirements, according to the Ministry of Culture (responsible for festivals):

Organizers of festivals (both indoors and outdoors) are asked to design alternative formats with a maximum attendance limit of 5,000 spectators, with distancing, on the same site and for the same event - such as the one that was in force last summer ;

Spectators must be accomodated seated and socially distanced.

This arrangement must be detailed in the form of specific health parameters, in consultation with professionals, and submitted for validation by the Health Crisis Centre and the Interministerial Crisis Centre.

Regular progress meetings will be held with professionals in order to adapt it to changes in the health situation:

- if the health situation deteriorates, the limits and parameters will have to be adapted accordingly;
- if, on the other hand, the health situation improves, it may be possible to increase the limit beyond 5,000 people and/or to authorize standing spectators.

(My translation)

So a grandstand to accommodate 5,000 socially distanced people requires one for 10,000.
Last September's "Village plan" did not fulfil these conditions IMHO

There will have to be a great improvement in the rate of incidence of the virus (currently increasing slightly) before we can have more confidence, so let's hope, hope again, and hope again once more!
Old 6 Mar 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4039274)   #399
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Hoping to go with my girlfriend and family - is it worth us all getting ACO memberships?
If you join the ACO the discount on the ticket price will over the cost and if they do say aco and 1 guest then it will get you in, but if it goes behind closed doors then the membership will not be refunded. So is it worth the risk? for me yes but maybe not for everyone
Old 6 Mar 2021, 21:01 (Ref:4039277)   #400
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If you join the ACO the discount on the ticket price will over the cost and if they do say aco and 1 guest then it will get you in, but if it goes behind closed doors then the membership will not be refunded. So is it worth the risk? for me yes but maybe not for everyone
Cheers Simon. I'm willing to pay 60 euros as insurance against disappointment - may get one for her too to cover our backs.

Presuming ACO members get first dibs?