Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Aug 2023, 20:40 (Ref:4173781)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ASW stuff is all pretty good, think I have probably 25 bottles of various things and they keep making new cool stuff

Old 4th is grab it now but be wary, they basically closed and are contracted stuff now in Roswell I believe. Sad cause their little shop in Old 4th was cool, TINY but cool, but the land was too much to stay it sounded like. Oh and their building almost failed, entire side wall of the next unit came crashing down cause they didn't reinforce right before building the empty building next door.

Breckenridge has some cool things, also Bowman for aged bourbon in other finishing barrels. Yellowstone also has some good stuff and some whiskeys made like a bourbon but with varying mashbills. Wheat for sweet, rye for heat/spice is a general guidance.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4173845)   #102
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like I have some options.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4173850)   #103
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for the ATLocal whiskey folk (I live .9 miles from here)
Attached Thumbnails
scoff.JPG  
Old 28 Aug 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4174453)   #104
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just got my new peach pass tag in the mail so now i have no excuse not to take my car instead of the wife's. i tested one of my coolers to see if it would fit and it does, now how it fits with the other 2 and tent and all that other stuff is yet to be determined. Sometimes folding seats down is better way to go and sometimes it isn't. Plus with seats down it is a louder drive.
Old 10 Sep 2023, 22:18 (Ref:4176186)   #105
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bourbon has landed! Picked up a nice sample and am getting things ready for docking.

Getting ready for the 30-day checklist.
Old 10 Sep 2023, 23:42 (Ref:4176199)   #106
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anyone know the form with children? 12 and under are free, but you don't seem to need to purchase a ticket beforehand. So I guess we just rock up with one ticket less than we need and be prepared if they challenge his age.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 01:29 (Ref:4176208)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reservation for my trailer to just not even try to fit everything in a smaller truck. Still working on a couple ideas for Saturday grill/smoker dinner and something good.

Have the whiskey lineup set and ordering cigars to get my through the week.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4176323)   #108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Does anyone know the form with children? 12 and under are free, but you don't seem to need to purchase a ticket beforehand. So I guess we just rock up with one ticket less than we need and be prepared if they challenge his age.
When i was a sub 12 yr old human that is how it worked, not separate tickets needed.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4176468)   #109
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Correct. No challenging on kids. Only beer, it seems...

My then 13 year old plays a good 12 year old. Excited for you!
Old 12 Sep 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4176470)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Make him sit on the cooler and they'll never expect he is smuggling your stash of the high end Bud Lights
Old 13 Sep 2023, 00:50 (Ref:4176487)   #111
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the result entry policy? I'm tent camping and say I get there at. ... 7am Wednesday morning
Old 13 Sep 2023, 01:10 (Ref:4176489)   #112
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Correct. No challenging on kids. Only beer, it seems...

My then 13 year old plays a good 12 year old. Excited for you!
We are super looking forward to it. He won’t drink as much whisky as my Dad did!

It is useful for me as he can remember driver’s names and what happened in previous races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Make him sit on the cooler and they'll never expect he is smuggling your stash of the high end Bud Lights
High end Not Bud Lights. Obviously both of us are boycotting Bud Light. For obvious reasons - it tastes like wee.

There will be high end Fanta for my kid instead

BTW, on recommendation - thanks - I emailed the circuit and they confirmed everything is cool. So double confirmed.
Old 13 Sep 2023, 12:15 (Ref:4176526)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
What's the result entry policy? I'm tent camping and say I get there at. ... 7am Wednesday morning
If you get there at 7 am Wed you will likely be sent past Will Call or over to Lanier at the end of the line. Usually the line at the gate starts Monday and by Tuesday afternoon is full with overflow to Will Call and then Lanier if it's long enough. Usually seems like the big crowd is in by 9-10
Old 13 Sep 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4176536)   #114
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
If you get there at 7 am Wed you will likely be sent past Will Call or over to Lanier at the end of the line. Usually the line at the gate starts Monday and by Tuesday afternoon is full with overflow to Will Call and then Lanier if it's long enough. Usually seems like the big crowd is in by 9-10
Ahhh, one of the benefits of having a reserved RV spot. No waiting in line and early Tuesday morning entry in. JK
Old 13 Sep 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4176550)   #115
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Ahhh, one of the benefits of having a reserved RV spot. No waiting in line and early Tuesday morning entry in. JK
for real though!
We'll be up there around 2 or 3 on Tuesday
Old 13 Sep 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4176551)   #116
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
We usually arrive sometime around 9 or 10 am on Tuesday morning. We like to get there before all of the circus arrives, get setup and relax. Amaizing how peaceful it is during that time.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4176626)   #117
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
We usually arrive sometime around 9 or 10 am on Tuesday morning. We like to get there before all of the circus arrives, get setup and relax. Amaizing how peaceful it is during that time.
I wish I could. They don't let tent campers in until Wednesday sadly
Old 14 Sep 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4176641)   #118
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Well folks, It's officially time for the 30-day preparation countdown. Will be activating my Dish Network account on Saturday and renewing my T-Mobile prepaid plan for internet access. I know that the Dish will work, but this will be an experiment to so how the hotspot device will work through the week. Need to refresh the fresh water tank and verify that all systems are working.

Only issue so far is with my van. The radiator started leaking the other day. Was just replaced less than a year ago. It's being repaired under warranty but they're having a problem finding a replacement. It's a 2001 GMC Savana 3500 with an 8.1L engine so parts can be hard to find. If they can't get it fixed, I'll need to find a way to tow my trailer that hauls the golf cart. I really don't want to tow it with the motorhome since it's lucky to be able to pull itself down the highway. 36' 19-ton motorhome with a 454 chevy engine just doesn't cut it for towing.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 21:01 (Ref:4176674)   #119
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Well folks, It's officially time for the 30-day preparation countdown. Will be activating my Dish Network account on Saturday and renewing my T-Mobile prepaid plan for internet access. I know that the Dish will work, but this will be an experiment to so how the hotspot device will work through the week. Need to refresh the fresh water tank and verify that all systems are working.

Only issue so far is with my van. The radiator started leaking the other day. Was just replaced less than a year ago. It's being repaired under warranty but they're having a problem finding a replacement. It's a 2001 GMC Savana 3500 with an 8.1L engine so parts can be hard to find. If they can't get it fixed, I'll need to find a way to tow my trailer that hauls the golf cart. I really don't want to tow it with the motorhome since it's lucky to be able to pull itself down the highway. 36' 19-ton motorhome with a 454 chevy engine just doesn't cut it for towing.
Heck I can get you a replacement from my job for 292.89
Old 15 Sep 2023, 14:47 (Ref:4176742)   #120
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
Heck I can get you a replacement from my job for 292.89
I appreciate the offer, but the problem is it's a warranty repair and the service station needs to obtain a replacement from the vendor that is warrantying the original radiator. So far, they're sent two replacements, and both were damaged in shipment. I'm sure they'll get it eventually.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4177120)   #121
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Making some progress towards getting ready for the Petit.

Dish network account activated and Wally receiver is now up to date on firmware (W542). Program guide is updated and all my programing is available and working. This was all done on my fixed dish location at the house. I setup the dish just for this purpose. Next step is the verify operation on my Winegard Pathway X2 automatic dish that I'll be using at the Petit. This went a lot smoother than before. Even with the 129 bird missing. Hoping that the automatic dish setup goes just a smooth.

Next step is to activate my T-Mobile internet account and test my hotspot devices.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 22:31 (Ref:4177139)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Extent of my prep is ordering a new popup with the real clips instead of that joke one handed open shyte they're all selling.

Maybe go by and check out my site and not work friday for some HSR racing, C5R listed on the entry so that's worth the gas and day off if it's nice.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 16:30 (Ref:4177263)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well it looks like we're wasting a beautiful race week this week
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:32 (Ref:4177291)   #124
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Well it looks like we're wasting a beautiful race week this week
Plenty more where that came from, right?
Old 18 Sep 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4177309)   #125
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
One thing for sure... We'll never know what the weather at the Petit will be like until the week of the Petit. Even then... Things change.