Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1632298)   #601
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I convinced Bouchut would have matched the other drivers, especially Loeb, with more time behind the wheel.

Like Bouchut says, it would have made more sense to change the drivers pairing to: Collard-Comas-Montagny (super fast) and Hélary-Loeb-Bouchut (consistent).
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1632305)   #602
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I convinced Bouchut would have matched the other drivers, especially Loeb, with more time behind the wheel.
With more time, he may have...but time is not on their side. Minassian will, no doubt, be on Collard and Montagny's pace within a few laps.

Why take the risk when you don't have to? Besides, Bouchut's comments afterwards will not endear him kindly to the fans. Probably best he is not in the team.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1632313)   #603
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i feal its a great shame that Bouchut will not drive at le mans, how come russian age racing havnt giving him back his seat? it would make more sense having him in the dbr9 than Piquet jr
Old 12 Jun 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1632341)   #604
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Bouchut's comments afterwards will not endear him kindly to the fans. Probably best he is not in the team.
Same is (or even more) for Pescarolo.

Last edited by FIRE; 12 Jun 2006 at 11:09.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1632383)   #605
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux
on radio le mans just a minute ago john hindhaugh just read out the list of cars being scrutinerred this afternoon and the team icer brakes ferrari 430 was on the list

he didn't obviously read the latest list
Old 12 Jun 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1632397)   #606
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
With more time, he may have...but time is not on their side. Minassian will, no doubt, be on Collard and Montagny's pace within a few laps.

I hope for his sake Minassian doesn't drop it somewhere on his first stint........
Old 12 Jun 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1632423)   #607
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Why take the risk when you don't have to? Besides, Bouchut's comments afterwards will not endear him kindly to the fans. Probably best he is not in the team.
So why didn't Pescarolo ask Minassian in the first place if he did not want to take any risk? Why didn't he give more track time to Bouchut to show his true potential?

3:39 is not a bad time for someone with detailed instructions not to push and drive with a safety margin. Maybe the qualifying times of 2005 put things into perspective a bit:
  • Collard: 3:34.715 (29 laps)
  • Ayari: 3:35.555 (16 laps)
  • Comas: 3:37.217 (15 laps)
  • Bouillion: 3:40.104 (11 laps)
  • Helary: 3:40.866 (6 laps)
  • Loeb: 3:41.225 (27 laps)
Loeb is allowed to be 7 slower than Collard and Bouchut is not

It is a pitty that Pescarolo has ruined Le Mans 2006 for Bouchut. I really doubt the fans will blame Bouchut for telling his side of the story.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1632440)   #608
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We just put a well illustrated preview for the race online. It includes a class by class rundown, a fully illustrated entry list and a 150 picture slideshow with at least one shot of all fifty cars.

Here is the link: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...tem.php&fid=10

We will also cover the race and publish a full coverage a day or two after the race with hundreds of high resolution images.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1632493)   #609
vollpower
Rookie

Ireland
Waterford
vollpower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can somebody please post me the link for radio le mans ..... cheers
Old 12 Jun 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1632500)   #610
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollpower
Can somebody please post me the link for radio le mans ..... cheers
The first hit on google gives you http://www.radiolemans.com/ There you can click on Listen Live, which gives you http://globecast.workscast.com/
Old 12 Jun 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1632507)   #611
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have posted our annual "Spotter's Guide" to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, as well as our in-depth race preview, divided into GT1/GT2 and LMP1/LMP2

http://www.the-paddock.net

LMP1 / LMP2 Preview

GT1 / GT2 Preview

24 Hours of Le Mans Spotter's Guide
Old 12 Jun 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1632703)   #612
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
So why didn't Pescarolo ask Minassian in the first place if he did not want to take any risk? Why didn't he give more track time to Bouchut to show his true potential?

3:39 is not a bad time for someone with detailed instructions not to push and drive with a safety margin. Maybe the qualifying times of 2005 put things into perspective a bit:
  • Collard: 3:34.715 (29 laps)
  • Ayari: 3:35.555 (16 laps)
  • Comas: 3:37.217 (15 laps)
  • Bouillion: 3:40.104 (11 laps)
  • Helary: 3:40.866 (6 laps)
  • Loeb: 3:41.225 (27 laps)
Loeb is allowed to be 7 slower than Collard and Bouchut is not

It is a pitty that Pescarolo has ruined Le Mans 2006 for Bouchut. I really doubt the fans will blame Bouchut for telling his side of the story.

Loeb is not a circuit driver .. and he is allowed to be 7 seconds slower cause of Playstation ..

we don't know if Henri promised the driver to Bouchut and then replaced him .. if it was only ok you test and we decide after that .. it's more than OK for me ..
and i'm a Bouchut fan .. and was looking forward to having him in the pesca

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Jun 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1632808)   #613
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not get too upset about this Bouchut thing.

Bouchut is a pro and has been around for years. He knows the score. He obviously signed a contract with the other (GT) team and ditched them for what he thought could be a better drive in the Pesca. It was obviously a test with no guarantee; otherwise the information would have been releasd in another manner. Bouchut hints as much in his interview. He thought that there was no alternative and took the risk...and, in my view, he did not perform. The Pesca is 2 seconds a lap faster than last year. He would be miles away from Minassian.

The fact that he is out of drive is his own fault. He should have stuck to his guns with the drive he had instead of trading for a better one. Apart from the fact that yet another good driver is without a drive, I can name a couple more that I would choose before his name would come up: a certain Mr Lehto and a certain Mr Smith.

I have no sympathy.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1632822)   #614
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nuts - sorry - any driver worth his salt would have gone for that drive, guarantee or no guarantee.... Minassian is still a Pescarolo sub - as gwyllion says, if he really is that good, why didn't Pesca pick him long ago....
Old 12 Jun 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1632875)   #615
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Nuts - sorry - any driver worth his salt would have gone for that drive, guarantee or no guarantee.....
Don't agree. Some drivers abide by their contracts. If what you say is true, however, Bouchut should not bleat about his predicament. He made his 'bed' now he has to sleep in it. Any other driver would have to do the same.

As regards Minassian, he is a contracted Creation driver (and not just for one race either) and could not be released without Creation's permission. If they had received a second entry in a timely fashion (not after the cut-off date), they would not have released him as they would have needed him. Pescarolo would have been aware of this situation. A Minassian switch could only have emerged late in the test week when the entry list was finally stable. Addtionally, Minassian is not a Matmut driver which would not have placed him immediately at the top of the list..

I have no doubt he will be fast despite Mr Pescarolo's requirements: no spins, no flat-spots, no curbs etc etc etc.. He has, after all, driven for him in the past.

My only desire is to see him qualify the car. If so, he will put it on pole.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1632885)   #616
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Don't agree. Some drivers abide by their contracts.

Quite true - that's how it should be.

But both Bouchut and Minassian didn't. Bouchut broke his in the hope of grabbing a great chance. Minassian has done the same but with more fortunate results.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing whatever against Minassian - I don't think he's quite the best thing since sliced bread - but sure, he's good. I just don't like the way Henri treated Bouchut - Christophe has himself to blame for being lured away from the Aston (and I still maintain that any driver would have gone for a top LMP1 drive in the same way), but if Henri had no real intention of hiring him (as may have been the case), he should have had the decency to tell him before issuing the invite. There may not have been a guarantee, I accept, but if Bouchut is to be believed, Henri's motives in taking him on seem to me to be highly questionable.

My opinion - possibly few others share it.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1632920)   #617
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was a fan of Pesca, mainly due to Audi's dominance, but this whole thing left a negative taste in me. What an interesting turn of events. I may become an Audi fan for the first time.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1632936)   #618
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Quite true - that's how it should be.

But both Bouchut and Minassian didn't. Bouchut broke his in the hope of grabbing a great chance. Minassian has done the same but with more fortunate results.
Minassian has moved with Creation's blessing (for this race only). According to the statement, he will still be a contracted driver for Creation so I don't think he has broken anything. Don't know about Bouchut but the GT team seams to have been pretty quiet about it...evaluating their legal options perhaps?

Additionally, only time will tell if he is in the right car on not. Although the betting odds don't suggest it, it would be truly ironic if the Creation entry finishes higher up the roster after 24 hours. JCW will be chomping at the bit to prove is not really a number two driver.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1632956)   #619
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds as if Bouchut was pushed on Henri from the sponsorship side, obviously both took a clear course of action: Bouchut went for the LMP1 top drive, Pescarolo kept trying to get Minassian in the background which (I believe) is whom he really wanted still betting on both horses until the very last second. One of the drivers had to be either upset (Bouchut) or disappointed (Minassian) in the end. Option 1 is what happened and Bouchut's bet did not pay off, I think he did not stand a chance unless the Creation folks would not have released Minassian. Just my 2 cents....
Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1632965)   #620
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's my understanding (from snippets I've heard from a variety of people) that Nic was in fact Henri's first choice for a seat in the 17 car, ahead of Franck Montagny. In other words he would have been one of the six from the very beginning if Henri had had his way.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1632989)   #621
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acemco Saleen

Acemco has updated their website as of this weekend. It doesn't say anything of an upcoming schedule except that they should be a Petit Le Mans. Check it out.

www.acemcomotorsports.com

Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1633000)   #622
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
It's my understanding (from snippets I've heard from a variety of people) that Nic was in fact Henri's first choice for a seat in the 17 car, ahead of Franck Montagny. In other words he would have been one of the six from the very beginning if Henri had had his way.
true
but at that time, Creation had hope for 2 entries, and that's why Nic refused Pescarolo's offer, he didn't want to let them down
Old 14 Jun 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1634042)   #623
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
According to http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...4h_engages.pdf the following cars do not yet technically conform.
  • #9 Creation Autosportif
  • #12 and #13 Courage Competition
  • #33 Intersport Racing
  • #63 and #64 Corvette Racing
  • #77 Multimatric Motorsport
  • #80 Flying Lizard Motorsports
  • #91 T2M Motorsport
  • #98 Noel del Bello
I assume these are some minor details that need to be fixed before they are allowed to participate.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1634139)   #624
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's really wierd - how would the Corvettes not "technically conform" for example?
Old 14 Jun 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1634174)   #625
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
This is the List of the competitors & cars eligible to take part in the "24 Heures du Mans" Practice Sessions The car is purple are Sous réserve de mise en conformité technique (subject to setting in technical conformity)

I remember that Corvette had a minor problem during the scrutineering of the test day.
Quote:
Apart from a second appearance for technical checks for the Corvette n°63 after it was adjudged that the distance between the rear wheel axel and the rear of the car had exceeded the limit by 3mm, there was nothing serious to report for the 28 cars which passed before the stewards today.
source: http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...AP_363_gb.html