Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Sep 2007, 20:53 (Ref:2007933)   #176
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone see th top gear livery.
the rite hand side had advertisement and on the door it showed A**E and on the letf hand side had peniston oils as advertisement and the first 5 letters were on the door.
so when both doors were open the 2 words were obvious talk about pushing the boundaries.

BTW the name of the stigs are known in the pits
Old 9 Sep 2007, 20:54 (Ref:2007935)   #177
Startline Ed
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Startline Ed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by new marshal mat
did anyone see th top gear livery.
the rite hand side had advertisement and on the door it showed A**E and on the letf hand side had peniston oils as advertisement and the first 5 letters were on the door.
so when both doors were open the 2 words were obvious talk about pushing the boundaries.

BTW the name of the stigs are known in the pits
Did they use all 3 on the entry list?
Old 9 Sep 2007, 20:56 (Ref:2007937)   #178
RIXGE
Racer

RIXGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What can i say but a big thankyou to all the organisers of this event, I think everyone will echo my sentiments when i say we all had such a great time during the entire weekend.Fantastic grids and really friendly teams, this eclipsed all other weekends by far.
Watching the cars from both my post at Becketts and during the break at Brooklands with my top mate James (innit) during darkness, made the hairs on the back of neck stand up, such a wonderful atmosphere surrounded the entire event.
Had a good laugh looking in the garage of Top Gear during the breaks, what pro`s on and off the track they are.
A MASSIVE THANKS to both Pam and Pete for their stirling work during the twenty four hours in race control, especially Pete for putting up with my rather poor effort in dealing with the BMW that Juliet called in around midnight,that had rolled several times exiting Chapel and finishing along Hanger one, hey it was my first major incident to deal with!!!! (India) was our call sign.

Im looking forward to next years event now, but first is the small matter ot the ELMS next week, i only hope that the catering dept has got their fingers out and learned a very big lesson from this weekend, nuff said hey.....

Thanks again to all concerned who made this weekend possible and i think we all can give ourselves a very proud pat on the back.

Regards to all Rick.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2008211)   #179
Snotty
Rookie

United Kingdom
Billericay Essex
Snotty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful event again. Get's better and better. My thanks to my team at club especially to John G for IO relief. I am surprised he had time for marshalling the time he was giving to the French photographer called missi. John there is hope for all of us older marshals.

Lots of other thanks; everyone who helped with the oil dressing in the dark at hanger and stowe (advice to all, don't offer to help with incidents at Stowe from Club it is a Bl**dy long way to run), and apologies to the safety car driver from a IO who should have known Stowe inside from Stowe outside - it was dark ok!; thanks to everyone who looked after us with late night pies, goody bags etc; thanks to all in race control especially Pete Berry who is patient with everyone who has not used the radio before, but Pete we can hear you surpressing the laughter sometimes; thanks to James T and all at EERC for great meeting; thanks to the weather gods who stopped the race just as I was going for some kip; and finally thanks to my wife for letting me buy my son a scanner so now he can hear his old man - good job she doesn't know we've got it!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 08:32 (Ref:2008236)   #180
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
once agian thanks to all at club and i just say how much pain i am in this this morning but can i also say i really don't care it was worth it only problem now i is i have work in three hours nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo
Old 10 Sep 2007, 08:52 (Ref:2008261)   #181
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Was at Club out what a wonderfull day and evening we had not alott to do.
Enjoyed the whole event for the 3rd time will be back next year
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:14 (Ref:2008274)   #182
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yet another brilliant weekend - despite failing miserably to get any sleep (not for the want of trying). Thanks to BRSCC and to EERC and co for the organisation.

Asked the Top Gear crew if they were running a feature-film length episode in order to get all the happenings in but it will be a 20-25 minute feature. Don't know when!

Big thanks to Bryan Degerlund, Gwynneth Tyson (Alan's mum) on Friday in the Assembly area - none of us had done it before but we soon got a system going that seemed to work. And thanks to Ben, Dave and Jason(?) on Saturday who joined me and Bryan in assembly. The fact that 5 of us managed to get 56(?) Britcars lined up on a dummy grid that was not long enough amongst all those people and equipment, deserves huge pats on back. Startline were very impressed when only a few cars came round slightly out of order. WELL DONE.

And thanks also to Isadora and Paul (the snappers) who assisted in handing out the lunchbags on Sunday. They certainly made a big difference in the time it took.

And the PieLady would like to hope she cheered everyone up in the wee small hours when fatigue blanked the brain and she asked over the radio "Where is Brooklands?"!!!!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:31 (Ref:2008288)   #183
peteh
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
peteh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankfully she found us . Thanks to everyone at EERC and BRSCC for a great weekend. Had a great time on post with everyone at Brooklands. Well knackered now but definately doing it again.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:35 (Ref:2008296)   #184
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty
and finally thanks to my wife for letting me buy my son a scanner so now he can hear his old man - good job she doesn't know we've got it!
that is a line of the year Mike!

Oh and she was French was she? We talked to her a couple of times after she was taking pictures of mooses broken brush!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:37 (Ref:2008298)   #185
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_nut
once agian thanks to all at club and i just say how much pain i am in this this morning but can i also say i really don't care it was worth it only problem now i is i have work in three hours nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo
I was at work at 5:45 this morning after driving home to St Helens straight after the race! God knows how I'm typing this without too many mistakes cos I'm really shattered and looking forward to next weekend already! Pitlane here we come again!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:45 (Ref:2008307)   #186
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ouch i was ment to be at 6.45 but swooped my shift for some sleep thank god so its work and then pub for me
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:04 (Ref:2008324)   #187
Snotty
Rookie

United Kingdom
Billericay Essex
Snotty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh and she was French was she? We talked to her a couple of times after she was taking pictures of mooses broken brush!
I would hope Mr G recieves a lot of abuse on this. She would not leave him alone. He particularly liked the back rubbing![/QUOTE]
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:06 (Ref:2008325)   #188
johndpeat
Racer

johndpeat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am surprised he had time for marshalling the time he was giving to the French photographer called missi. John there is hope for all of us older marshals.
Her Name was Izzy.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:08 (Ref:2008327)   #189
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndpeat
Her Name was Izzy.
So that was Isadora who helped me to deliver the lunches. I wondered how she knew everyone! By the way, she's Belgian.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:13 (Ref:2008332)   #190
johndpeat
Racer

johndpeat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would Just like to add a huge THANK YOU from all the EERC team.It was a huge sucess this weekend thanks to your efforts even if we did loss the cars in the fog again.
BTW I hope the Pork pie we supplied Nick at Brooklands didn't cause you to meny problems.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:21 (Ref:2008337)   #191
Isadora
Rookie

Isadora should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
So that was Isadora who helped me to deliver the lunches. I wondered how she knew everyone! By the way, she's Belgian.
T'was me indeed and nope I'm not Belgian, I'm French . Happy to help out again next year.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:36 (Ref:2008352)   #192
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great weekend again. I didn't feel too bad last night, but the caffeine and adreneline has worn off and this morning I feel cream crackered, despite having had a good night's sleep.

Thanks to James and BRSCC for feeding us. It was much appreciated. Thanks too, to Pieman and Pielady for the delivery service. It must be a mammoth job.

See you all next year, and to anyone who hasn't done a 24 hours and is thinking it sounds interesting, get your name down, you'll love it.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:01 (Ref:2008379)   #193
Gravel slag
Rookie

England
Coventry
Gravel slag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quickie to give thanks along with others to all who helped out with supply of food and pies and batteries etc etc.
A special BIG thanks to my squad for this weekend who helped me out at my first attempt at being a weekend I.O.
Andrew, for taking the radio when I needed a break, Richard, for keeping us supplied with sweets, and not forgetting Brian and Stuart who came from Guernsey who kept our flasks full of hot water from their camper. I know we didn`t have to do much guys but many thanks for your support and company.
Will I be back next year? When I wake up I`ll make a decision....about Feb!!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:07 (Ref:2008390)   #194
Steve Burns
Racer

United Kingdom
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Steve Burns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...and apologies to the safety car driver from a IO who should have known Stowe inside from Stowe outside - it was dark ok
No worries. Your fluorescent jackets lit up well in my headlights so I avoided running you all over.

You did a fantastic job to dress that oil so quickly in the darkness. It was a good call as there was certainly a significant amount of oil in the braking area and through Stowe. Almost impossible to see the oil at night so you can only feel it, and by then its usually too late

Good weekend was had by all.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:14 (Ref:2008400)   #195
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Burns
No worries. Your fluorescent jackets lit up well in my headlights so I avoided running you all over.

Does that mean you only ran a few over then Steve?
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:15 (Ref:2008404)   #196
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora
T'was me indeed and nope I'm not Belgian, I'm French . Happy to help out again next year.
Apologies, Izzy - We had been talking about Spa and I made an incorrect assumption. Mind you, considering the fatigue, I'm surprised I remembered that!

By the way, I'm off to the doctor's this evening with my sore ankle because it is still very swollen and painful. So thanks for doing the longer hikes onto post for the deliveries so reducing the amount of walking I had to do.

As for next year - as far as I am concerned you are more than welcome to make a repeat performance!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:21 (Ref:2008409)   #197
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
I would also like to thank the cavalry on Friday (Bob Miller and Nick off the JCB) who came to the aid of this damsel in distress when she had finally managed to stop the flaming Porsche (no 72) - only to realise that there were no fire extinguishers in the Assembly area! Looking up and seeing the fire tender arrive was, to say the least, a huge relief!

My Heroes!!

PS: We very quickly had loads of extinguishers delivered after that!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:40 (Ref:2008428)   #198
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
I would also like to thank the cavalry on Friday (Bob Miller and Nick off the JCB) who came to the aid of this damsel in distress when she had finally managed to stop the flaming Porsche (no 72) - only to realise that there were no fire extinguishers in the Assembly area! Looking up and seeing the fire tender arrive was, to say the least, a huge relief!

My Heroes!!

PS: We very quickly had loads of extinguishers delivered after that!
I have to echo that Shelagh. The fire truck was already on it's way to assembly, as I radioed the Porche had pulled into the fuel bay entrance at Priory!
Many thanks to all involved in the whole weekend. A great event and well done to James Tucker for getting it all together, including the air displays.
Thanks for all the meal vouchers and the goody bag.
I had a fantastic weekend on Priory (Fri/Sat), with a great incident crew (well done Rose), and with Bob (briefly) and Paul at bridge during the 24 hours.
Many thanks to race control for their hard work and help.
Will definately put this on the calender for next year, despite being stood in the fog, again!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 12:53 (Ref:2008492)   #199
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another great meeting, learning from previous experience I had already arranged to take today off - Nice long lie-in and nothing much to do for the rest of the day!

Thanks to the 2 Andys (Nighthawk?)at Club Out during the night and apologies for you having most work to do when I was getting a kip. The most "exciting" part for me was the car stopped right on the racing line at the exit of Club on Saturday night. Despite double waved yellows and flashing yellow light there were still numerous cars that came close to collecting him, even after being past 4 times. One even tried hard to collect "Daisy" as she was recovering the car. I don't think Grant or Annie realised just how close he came to suceeding!

See you all next year (and some of you next week)

Gerry
Old 10 Sep 2007, 13:05 (Ref:2008501)   #200
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryc
Another great meeting, learning from previous experience I had already arranged to take today off - Nice long lie-in and nothing much to do for the rest of the day!

See you all next year (and some of you next week)
Hi,

Sage words indeed! I am truly knacked and struggling today.

I very much hope so, already looking for what we might be able to run..

Thanks to all you guys standing out in the cold (& fog in the morning) all night. Really good show, and great work too - really pleased to see the oil flags & white flags out - could really rely on them, and the mess on the hangar straight/stowe was really thoroughly sorted too, along with the myriad of other incidents.

All the best,

Stacy
(sub'ing in the yellow Golf Tdi)