Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:47 (Ref:4000486)   #101
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The speed of these cars here is absolutely breathtaking.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4000487)   #102
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doth mine eyes deceive me, or is this truly a race I see before me?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4000488)   #103
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A friend of mine on Twitter has just summed up feelings thusly:

Quote:
I DON’T KNOW WHO I WANT TO WIN....!!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:01 (Ref:4000490)   #104
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was EPIC.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:01 (Ref:4000491)   #105
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a win!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:02 (Ref:4000493)   #106
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was fantastic!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:02 (Ref:4000495)   #107
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Gasly and Alpha Centauri; quite a stellar performance.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4000501)   #108
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Gasly and Alpha Centauri; quite a stellar performance.
I see what you did there

You could argue that Sainz was becoming proximal too!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4000502)   #109
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Great race!

Brilliant from Gasly, Sainz, Stroll

Brilliant recovery from Lewis making Bottas look ordinary

Top Italian team...not Ferrari

Top Red Bull team...not Red Bull

Ouch
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:07 (Ref:4000503)   #110
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One amazing race this was
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:07 (Ref:4000504)   #111
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Brilliant recovery from Lewis making Bottas look ordinary

That's why they hired Valtteri.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4000511)   #112
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari: “This day cannot get any worse for us”

Alpha Tauri: “Hold my cappuccino”

Hearing the Italian national anthem on the podium in the background will sting!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4000512)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Caught the second race on the radio. Seems I came in at a good time. What a win by Gasly first Frenchman to win a GP since 1996. And the first time since Australia 2013 that a Ferrari/RBR/Merc hasn’t won. Can’t wait to see the highlights now.

And just when you thought things couldn’t any worse for the Prancing Horse....
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4000513)   #114
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loved that footage of Gasly sitting in silence, shaking his head and smiling gently on the podium. How fitting.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:29 (Ref:4000519)   #115
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Loved that footage of Gasly sitting in silence, shaking his head and smiling gently on the podium. How fitting.
Completely agree....I don’t think that can be topped this year.

Amazingly after all that Lewis maintains his 47 point lead
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4000520)   #116
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Someone has to ask Bottas how come Lewis came from dead last to 8th when he was just stuck in 6th.........

As well as asking who in McLaren should have told Lewis that pit lane was closed.....

But it certainly made for an exciting race
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:33 (Ref:4000521)   #117
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Nice interview from Lewis there. No sign of a wobbly lip.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:39 (Ref:4000522)   #118
Barry in IN
Rookie

Barry in IN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that was certainly interesting. Lots of people will come away from today wondering what happened.
Congrats to Gasly.

I guess I should’ve been playing a drinking based around the phrase “reverse grid”.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:50 (Ref:4000527)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
*sigh*

Crofty is having a bad day.

The light panels outside Parabolica were yellow with SC in the middle. THEY WERE NOT RED WITH CROSSES.
I thought that too, but it turns out they were red crosses. I suspect it was clear in the car.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4000528)   #120
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wooo. Gasly.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4000532)   #121
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Nice to see how everyone is so happy for Gasly.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:10 (Ref:4000535)   #122
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm happy for Gastly and I'm also happy there wasn't the usual Mercedes domination. It made a welcome change.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:15 (Ref:4000536)   #123
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That is my moment of the year!

Richard
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:18 (Ref:4000537)   #124
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WELL DONE PIERRE!!!!

I feel a bit sad for Sainz. His day will come. Gasly deserved that. What a fairytale.

Was already tearing up and then the Williams goodbyes started.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:25 (Ref:4000543)   #125
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I thought that too, but it turns out they were red crosses. I suspect it was clear in the car.
Yep, I stood corrected. I've watched it umpteen times and I still don't think it's clear at all, but I'll take the correction on the chin.