Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Nov 2015, 14:51 (Ref:3588125)   #676
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the second car is so they have a spare tub which if someone with £££ wants to come and race they can do so. I dont think the intention from the team is to field 2 cars without someone coming onboard with money.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3588129)   #677
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I think the second car is so they have a spare tub which if someone with £££ wants to come and race they can do so. I dont think the intention from the team is to field 2 cars without someone coming onboard with money.
Could just be a spare, but I was thinking they may have found (or are trying to attract) somebody with money. Perhaps some GP2 drivers of recent years who have money and no shot at F1. How much do we think a full season ride would cost in a Kolles car? $4-6 million?
Old 5 Nov 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3588394)   #678
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They could just enter the second car for LM only - surely there'd be interest for those seats - and run single elsewhere. Second as spare in those
Old 5 Nov 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3588404)   #679
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They could just enter the second car for LM only - surely there'd be interest for those seats - and run single elsewhere. Second as spare in those
That could make sense. But would they get an invite for the second car?
Old 5 Nov 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3588420)   #680
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
That could make sense. But would they get an invite for the second car?
If the ACO really want to get privateer LMP1 off life support then I can't see them turning down a second Kolles car for Le Mans. Obviously it would come second to factory LMP/GT efforts, but after that it's a take-your-pick from various local LMP2/GTE-Am efforts, of which one would be dropped with little fuss to get another privateer LMP1 car in.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3588425)   #681
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The last time LMP1 car was rejected to mere reserve slots was with Hope Racing in 2012. But they weren't entered for any other series in the first place so that was different. And also LMP1 Privateer was still healthy back then so there was maybe an argument for being more picky.

But even for that same race Pescarolo got their one off for Dome (alright it did Spa as well but you know what I mean). Ironically it was the 03 that was entered for full season, even though all it did was Le Mans.

If Kolles requested one off entry for second car I cannot see ACO denying it, at this point they are that desperate for them. And it's not the privateers fault they cannot run them anywhere else in the world right now!

And frankly, ANY LMP1 car deserves priority slot over the other classes in my opinion. Whether it's shoestring operation or not...
Old 5 Nov 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3588459)   #682
Deleted
Veteran

So do we think that IF Rebellion were to pull out of LMP1 after the end of next year, and still no-one else is wishing to show up, leaving Kolles alone for 2017... would ACO just abolish the hybridless LMP1? Enforce all privateers to LMP2 unless they want to pay millions for hybrid P1? Because even though Rebellion has hold the flag on their own for quite while, I don't think Kolles really has as 'convincing look' as the Swiss do on their own. And time has passed on.
Old 6 Nov 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3588554)   #683
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure how bothered the FIA is but the ACO must be very aware of the possibility/probability/certainity of manufacturers pulling out and leaving no top class. Or at least a very thin top class. We need privateers.
But the gap is so huge, as discussed elsewhere, that it's a mystery why Rebellion and ByKolles bother at all.
Old 7 Nov 2015, 19:38 (Ref:3588839)   #684
Deleted
Veteran

Because they don't want to be forced to run LMP2/3 spec cars, spec engines, having zero development, having to worry about cost caps, needing to bring hobby drivers because someone else says so?

And because theres always a small chance for overall podium at LM if the factories succumb (alright the last time that actually happened was 2007 with Pescarolo, but there have been plenty of 4th place spots since then, last time 2014) and with privateer P1 you are much closer of capitalizing such theoretical opportunity that than with LMP2

Last edited by Deleted; 7 Nov 2015 at 19:44.
Old 7 Nov 2015, 23:05 (Ref:3588892)   #685
Deleted
Veteran

Sounds like it's (less surprisingly) the bodywork that''s getting the primary upgrade next year
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...d-2016-effort/
Old 7 Nov 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3588901)   #686
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The biggest difference underneeth will be the suspension. Modifying the pick up points will help with setup. That will definitely improve its handling.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 04:43 (Ref:3588985)   #687
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this team made a good job. It was horrible an year ago, but after Le Mans, they showed a good pace, they splitted the Rebellion cars in some races.

Sadly, the other teams with chances of LMP1 for 2016 are looking at other places to race. If not, and ACO have to decide what to make for more places for LMP1, is Nissan who should have to make a step to a side.

For 2017 I see these two teams more at IMSA than at WEC, because they could show something that they can't now.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3589039)   #688
Deleted
Veteran

Actually, I don't think the post-LM 2014 races were nearly as bad as pre-LMs of 2015 for them! Where they, even if still behind LMP2, had just one goal... finish since theres no one else going against you.

But they ramped up focus for LM and beyond
Old 16 Nov 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3590868)   #689
Deleted
Veteran

Kaffer interview
http://wec-magazin.de/interview-pier...e-saison-2015/

There is a line there where he seems to say something about the strengths of CLM in comparison to the Oreca, but I don't understand the gibberish google translate gave: "Our current strength is the creep strength at high temperatures"
Old 16 Nov 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3590871)   #690
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Kaffer interview
http://wec-magazin.de/interview-pier...e-saison-2015/

There is a line there where he seems to say something about the strengths of CLM in comparison to the Oreca, but I don't understand the gibberish google translate gave: "Our current strength is the creep strength at high temperatures"
Basically: "reliability at higher or hot temperatures."
Old 16 Nov 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3590873)   #691
Deleted
Veteran

Alright thanks
Old 21 Jan 2016, 19:45 (Ref:3606941)   #692
Deleted
Veteran

Hey you nerds wanting fiddle around with Visual Basic, Kolles wants you!
http://www.bykolles.at/wp-content/up...che_mit_VB.pdf

The team seems to be recruiting many other positions as well on their page, so maybe we will get that second car for LM indeed. We'll get confirmation in two weeks time of course.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 05:08 (Ref:3607033)   #693
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looking for an lmp1 designer, sounds like they're not going anywhere else but up. That's a good sign.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 08:06 (Ref:3607052)   #694
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hey you nerds wanting fiddle around with Visual Basic, Kolles wants you!
http://www.bykolles.at/wp-content/up...che_mit_VB.pdf

The team seems to be recruiting many other positions as well on their page, so maybe we will get that second car for LM indeed. We'll get confirmation in two weeks time of course.
Well if they want someone to make them a GUI, I might be tempted to lend them my skills.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 08:33 (Ref:3607057)   #695
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Well if they want someone to make them a GUI, I might be tempted to lend them my skills.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 13:19 (Ref:3607099)   #696
Deleted
Veteran

Was tempted to link up that legendary vid again too, but then thought I flash it up often enough already :P

I like how they got ACO to basically advertise these positions on lemans.org, that says they are gaining momentum
Old 5 Feb 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3611956)   #697
Deleted
Veteran

I wasn't really expecting second chassis for the championship. But not even for Le Mans. Very disappointing.

I guess it's just a spare test mule then. Or no-one wanted to pay for it after all and it's left to rot. Meh!

However they will move to Dunlop, which is very interesting. Though now that Rebellion also runs on that, maybe staying on Mics would've been wiser to have extra performance difference factor. Or perhaps it's just wise as otherwise the gap could have widened even further if Dunlops ended up being superior somehow. In any case, glad to have tire war back in LMP1 (and other classes) in the first place. Even though ACO doesn't particularly see the class as one, but two subs...
Old 5 Feb 2016, 16:54 (Ref:3612005)   #698
TF110
Veteran

United States
It's not really a tire war until one of the factory teams gets something other than Michelin imo. But we'll see if the Dunlops make a difference in GTE PRO. In P1, I don't think they'll make the gap any smaller, but hey, we can hope.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3612007)   #699
Deleted
Veteran

It would've been more of a war had only one of the two privateer teams run the other make, but still technically speaking, it's always a tire war when it's more than single representative

There might be some difference to the factories in the wet.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 22:06 (Ref:3612164)   #700
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It's not really a tire war until one of the factory teams gets something other than Michelin imo. But we'll see if the Dunlops make a difference in GTE PRO. In P1, I don't think they'll make the gap any smaller, but hey, we can hope.
I think it would make the gap grows but it's hard to judge now that factory cars were crippled with the -10MJ. Have the privateers cars also been slowed? If so, I missed it as I generally don't care about them

In any case, I hope the presence of Dunlop makes Michelin brings more aggressive compounds to offset the -10MJ BS