Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 May 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2466694)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling moss View Post
I personally think that this is the whole point of having a forum like this, so that newbies like me can ask experienced forum members for their advice and not be met with silly comments such as "ignorance". If you can give advice please do, otherwise keep your comments to yourself
I do give advice, regularly, routinely, annually. This is a forum where I repeat that advice and, like everyone else, I exercise the right to give my opinion, in the same way as you're entitled to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage

Out of interest Ayse, why shouldn't I let free market forces dictate what I sell at?
There is misunderstanding here. What bugs me is that 'ignorant' (yes, I maintain use of the term because I know what it means - it is not always intended to be a term of insult....) people pay far more money than they should for general entry tickets, wrongly believing that they need to have the tickets in advance to get in. I have absolutely no problem at all with market forces dictating the price of other tickets (e.g. grandstands, campsites) where those tickets are no longer freely available at face value. Clearly I'd expect people to pay what it is worth to them to have that ticket. I also fully accept the clear difference between touting tickets that you've bought from the ACO with no intention other than making a fast buck selling them on Ebay (when there are probably genuine race fans who may have missed out on an opportunity to buy those tickets from the ACO) and selling tickets which have become surplus to requirements due to members of your party dropping out.
Old 22 May 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2467024)   #27
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok - all good then Think we're on the same hymn sheet!
It'd be good to meet you - with a bit of luck at the TT's meet...
Old 22 May 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2467185)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Ok - all good then Think we're on the same hymn sheet!
It'd be good to meet you - with a bit of luck at the TT's meet...

Looking forward to it.
Old 27 May 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2470267)   #29
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A heads up for anyone looking for tickets.

The sell and swap section on 'club Arnage' has a number of camping tickets for sale at face value on offer at the moment as well as quite a few grandstand passes.

Not sure if I can post a link, but I am sure google will get you there.
Old 27 May 2009, 18:18 (Ref:2470400)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Got to be a better bet for anyone still short of a ticket than Ebay, for sure!
Old 27 May 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2470527)   #31
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Caveat emptor.

I've never bought a ticket in advance.
I've never been quizzed at customs, except when Euro something-or-other was on simultaneously, when I was simply asked where I was going. Not the football? No, Le Mans.

If anyone is so desperate to be in a grandstand or to have a specific camping place, then they need either to get informed and organised, or they'll have to pay the going rate.

For 25 years I've turned up on the day and bought both my car park ticket and entrance ticket on the spot.......

....but there again, I always go to Arnage/Indianapolis.
Old 28 May 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2471072)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Has anyone ever told you that there is more of the circuit you can watch from a few miles around from there.......?
Old 29 May 2009, 06:03 (Ref:2471363)   #33
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Has anyone ever told you that there is more of the circuit you can watch from a few miles around from there.......?
I've often wondered where the cars disappear to for three and a half minutes........
Old 29 May 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2471570)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Certain campsites are still going for silly money on E bay one tertre rouge just went for £181. Should have charged my mates more than the £140 for camping plus 1 GA they cost me, however most camping now fetching less than cost.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2663264)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Plenty of camping tickets appearing on e Bay, although it would appear the touts have all been given Blue Nord this year.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2663755)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I saw those tonight - as it happens, I have a standard search running on Ebay for 'Le Mans tickets' so I get an update when they appear - out of interest really. I will regularly message vendors in Ebay asking why they're asking for way over the face value for the tickets they're selling - particularly for the general admission tickets. I just love the indignent replies I get - a bit like here really! Now when shall I start using the term 'ignorance' this year.....?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2664320)   #37
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a certain other forums campsite on Blue Nord, wonder if thats anything to do with it? Maybe not, but a coincidence maybe?? Who knows, just feel sorry for those who buy from Ebay rather than an accredited agent or straight from from the ACO, perhaps they feel like they are getting a bargain, some people do get a buzz from the bidding wars on there, seen things go for more on there than you pay in normal shops for new!
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2664337)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You can get a bargain on Ebay - especially if you're willing and able to leave it until the last minute. I've seen people win auctions for LM tickets way under face value just a few days before race weekend when sellers are desperate to get shot of them,as they'll be worth precisely nothing a few days later.....
Old 1 Apr 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2664617)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have sold an excess camping ticket on e Bay once and just recouped my costs, but intend this year to pick up a classic camping ticket that way as the tickets for the campsite I wanted were only available through certain clubs and two years ago they were going for half price just in late june early july. If no luck then a phone call to nadine will be my last resort.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2680935)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the annual lunatics have surface again, someone just paid £330 pound for a non numbers houx camping ticket, not sure what they think they are getting but suspect they will be a little dissapointed with that part of the campsite and they must have more money than sense.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2681266)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll say little more bearing in mind the annoyance some of my terms in this thread seem to have caused to some sensibilities. I'll merely say 'I rest my case.......'
Old 29 Apr 2010, 07:25 (Ref:2681488)   #42
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If people are prepared to pay over the odds on ebay then thats up to them, plenty do with the agencies..... As has been said before bargains can be had at the last moment if you can brave it out, but at the end of the day the guy who paid £330 was prepared to pay it or he wouldn't have bid that much, don't blame the seller.

Those of us that know better always buy direct from the ACO as soon as they can or trade on other forums with a face value plus postage rule. Obviously there are the vagaries of the ACO allocation system to worry about though!
Old 29 Apr 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2681553)   #43
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Just to put this back to where this thread started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
€62 enceintes generales up to nearly £65 with two days to go...... Why is there such ignorance about the ability to buy entrance tickets throughout the week/weekend at the circuit?
Currently there are no LM entrance tickets on Ebay and I haven't seen any yet this year, so that takes care of that particular gripe.

I agree with AstonGeoff; if people are prepared to pay over the odds for something they want on Ebay, that's up to them. I really don't think it's any of our business.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2681601)   #44
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Is it me or do there seem to be less tickets on eBay this year than in previous ones?
Old 29 Apr 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2681634)   #45
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Is it me or do there seem to be less tickets on eBay this year than in previous ones?
Can't say I've been looking, but it doesn't surprise me.

Firstly, the new ebay rules state that the vendor must be in possession of the tickets before they can be sold. My guess is that there are a number of potential sellers who may not, as yet, have received their tickets (or may simply have decided that with the short lead time, it's just not worth the risk).

Secondly, I sense numbers may be down this year. I have little to base that on, but I have been monitoring what's been offered on the ACO website. I've never seen so much availability in what would normally be considered 'premium' grandstands and car parks. The 'premium' campsites, however, have not been available to book online.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2681791)   #46
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Maybe also people have been less inclined to shell out for tickets earlier in the year thinking that if they decide not to go they could make a profit on eBay around this time...

The availability of grandstands still on the ACO website and the various agencies does point to lower numbers again. Not that I mind, of course, if the "stag" do's don't go it'll be all the more pleasant for the rest of us!
Old 29 Apr 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2681805)   #47
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Maybe also people have been less inclined to shell out for tickets earlier in the year thinking that if they decide not to go they could make a profit on eBay around this time...

The availability of grandstands still on the ACO website and the various agencies does point to lower numbers again. Not that I mind, of course, if the "stag" do's don't go it'll be all the more pleasant for the rest of us!
Here Here! (although as I work with an agency over there, they probably wouldnt like me saying that. But its true!) I dislike the Race? what Race? mentality.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2682035)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
Here Here! (although as I work with an agency over there, they probably wouldnt like me saying that. But its true!) I dislike the Race? what Race? mentality.
Not sure if it is just where we camp, tertre rouge, but for the last couple of years the the groups of drunks with little or no interest in the race have been noticeable by thier absense.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2682199)   #49
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
True enough, I ran a campsite at bleu sud last year and we had very little trouble with drunken loutish behaviour tbh. One group were more suited to the antics of the Houx Annexe or Beausejour type of crowd. But they were just having fun "their" way is all. I suppose its the way these big events are going, the poster for this year has the Festival feel about it. Just hope the ACO dont forget its the race that started it!
Old 12 May 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2689041)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Sudden glut of Houx camping tickets on E bay, can't see them all finding buyers at the dizzy levels seen a couple of weeks ago.