Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2002, 20:44 (Ref:316477)   #26
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: 2003 Le Mans

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Sounds a long way away but I know many of you are already putting together your plans for next year, so now seems the best time to ask the question...

Can we organise a proper meet up at some point next year which we can all get along to ? Either on the Friday when, apart from the loonies on the Mulsanne there is little else to do (okay, I know some of us don't want to miss that either!!) or sometime during the race - maybe at Arnage at midnight ??
Really enjoyed my first Le Mans visit. I am sure many of the UK marshals would like to meet up with the 10-Tenths crowd, but it is subject to shift patterns. For those of us on Post 106, Arnage would be the best option as we are the next post along from there.

Saw many of the incidents witnessed by others including the juggernaut on its side at the bottom of the Mulsanne. The mad bikers and car drivers continued well into Sunday evening, racing along the stretch between Arnage and the Porsche Curves and stopping me getting any sleep
Old 18 Jun 2002, 20:53 (Ref:316487)   #27
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, wrong spot for me, then. We lurked around the Dunlop bridge, the Esses an the Terte Rouge and frankly I was too ****ed to move any further. So, back to the car park to watch the last fireworks and on again on sunday morning at 7:00 (really). But we didn't move further, except for the deserted (old) village on sunday morning.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 20:54 (Ref:316488)   #28
hgb
Racer

BTW Peter, where exactly is post 106 and will you be at the Ring next year ?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:04 (Ref:316501)   #29
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hgb
BTW Peter, where exactly is post 106 and will you be at the Ring next year ?
Post 106 is the next post up from Arnage. It is the spot where in the first hour of last year's race six cars collided and bought out the first safety car. It is also the spot where in spring practice some years ago a young french driver (sorry cannot remember his name) crashed into the forest and was killed instantly. There is a stone memorial to him (with fresh flowers at the weekend) just behind the armco on the inside of the circuit a few yards up from the post.

Having sampled Le Mans for the first time I am keen to go back for more; I have already opened negotiations with the wife!! Given work, financial and family commitments, plus the fact that I do 50 plus days per year marshalling, I think it very unlikely that I will be able to fit in the Ring next year. A shame, but I cannot do everything I would like. Are you going back to Le Mans next year?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:46 (Ref:316539)   #30
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Scillitoe

It is also the spot where in spring practice some years ago a young french driver (sorry cannot remember his name) crashed into the forest and was killed instantly. There is a stone memorial to him (with fresh flowers at the weekend) just behind the armco on the inside of the circuit a few yards up from the post.

That would presumably be poor Sebastien Enjolras, in a WR Peugeot. Think it was 1996/7. I didn't realise that one had happened just there.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:56 (Ref:316544)   #31
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That recently? I never knew that, I know there were a couple in the 80's. Jo Gartner on the Mulsanne in 86 spings to mind.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 04:25 (Ref:316662)   #32
hgb
Racer

t pretty much looks like it I would say ) I'm sorry for the French driver.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 14:29 (Ref:316972)   #33
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
98 was my first year, our team attendance has been 2,0,3,7,10 hopefully next year we'll be up to about 15

we had a fantastic weekend, despite the Cortina seizing a wheel bearing and the GITS at Dieppe ferry terminal on the way home

roll on next year
Old 19 Jun 2002, 15:59 (Ref:316994)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi thyere everyone. Sorry to be so late back on parade after Le Mans. I spent most of yesterday sleeping, either intentionally or otherwise!

I'm very much in favour of setting out some suitable game plan in advance for meeting up at Le Mans in 2003. I was really disappointed to meet so few people (despite having exchanged mobile numbers, which I then left at home!). I did of course have Fab's splendid company for some time on Saturday in the Total grandstand (thanks again, Fab!) and then for a while on Sunday. But aside from him and the legions of T.W.A.T.S., I met no-one else, and this was despite wearing my own fairly distinctive t-shirt through Saturday. (Did anyone else see any of my Tourists - all of whom were wearing the shirts?).

Group t-shirts are a very good idea, from my own self-made ones to the much more professional versions worn by the likes of the T.W.A.T.S. You need to be careful though, my own creations (over which I quite literally sweated buckets!), turned out to be one-day wonders. I shall be writing to the manufacturer of the transfer paper to find out why the transfers failed, despite my following all the instructions to the letter!!!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 16:44 (Ref:317015)   #35
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meeting up appears to be very difficult to do. I was working pretty hard all week and if the credentials thing works out better next year will probably be doing the same then ... but if we could make a meeting place on the Friday that would be best as there's no actual racing then. Keep in mind that some of us don't have cars and lets keep the meeting place more or less central.

If anyone needs a really cheap and excellent way to camp at Le Mans, see my "Le Mans Diary" above and think if you'd like to join us next year. It is not expensive and although no football next year I am sure we can arrange something.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 17:28 (Ref:317034)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'm quite alright with Liz on the point that it should be central, or we have to find accomodations to hich-hike some pals...

Fast question : is everybody arrived usualy on friday noon ? Having a meal on the place (quiet enough shops open... BTW, Kpy, was yours open friday noon ?) should be nice !

Last edited by Fab; 19 Jun 2002 at 17:29.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 18:58 (Ref:317085)   #37
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just one question....

Who are the *****?
Old 19 Jun 2002, 19:09 (Ref:317095)   #38
hgb
Racer

That's the Two Wheel All Terrain Sosiety. You had to be falling over tehm at some point. I never met them, though.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 19:10 (Ref:317096)   #39
hgb
Racer

Oops, Society that is.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 19:33 (Ref:317112)   #40
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Riiiiiggghhhhhht.

And what is it that they do?
Old 19 Jun 2002, 21:05 (Ref:317174)   #41
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They tw*t around on two wheels in all sorts of terrain
Old 19 Jun 2002, 21:06 (Ref:317175)   #42
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Who are the *****?
the T.W.A.T.S. , Le Mans 2002 on saturday afternoon
Attached Thumbnails
*****.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2002, 21:09 (Ref:317178)   #43
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK

Thanks guys!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 21:13 (Ref:317180)   #44
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Group t-shirts are a very good idea
What do you think of this one?
Attached Thumbnails
drinking.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2002, 21:24 (Ref:317184)   #45
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There web site can be found www.the-*****.com they where every where you could not fail to miss them, as for t-shirts for use lot for next year, I will have mine in large...........
Old 19 Jun 2002, 23:31 (Ref:317251)   #46
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a T shirt with

"Fishing .. it's life..." etc etc

Made me smile!

FG
Old 20 Jun 2002, 17:21 (Ref:317729)   #47
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://213.136.0.149/Photos/High_2002514114353.jpg
Old 20 Jun 2002, 18:07 (Ref:317755)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Our Tourists had an excellent meeting with the T.W.A.T.S. at the champagne bar on late Saturday afternoon. To say they were well-oiled is a significant under-statement.

They spent about half an hour trying to persuade two young ladies to "get their ***s out for the lads". What was all the more remarkable is that one of them was actually persuaded to do it!!
Old 21 Jun 2002, 17:40 (Ref:318311)   #49
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group T-shirts

See all you British fans talk about group t-shirts. Maybe this is an opportunity for me to show my shirt our group had this year. Did somebody see us? We were just in front of the red "carpet" on the circuit, in opposite of the pits Saturday afternoon (with lots of Dutch flags)....I looked for guys like Aysedasi, but had no idea how to recognize them.
Attached Thumbnails
voorbeeld_achterkant2.jpg  
Old 21 Jun 2002, 17:50 (Ref:318321)   #50
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
the T.W.A.T.S. , Le Mans 2002 on saturday afternoon
Hi Bernard : the same taken from the back...