Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Jun 2002, 20:36 (Ref:318395)   #51
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just really got home from Le Mans, I had to start a 3 week training course on return from Le Mans and I am now home to face a lot of unpacking of suitcases.

A few of us went into town on Friday to see the drivers parade (Tim, you missed bucket loads of Bentley's. Almost every team had one for the parade) it is well worth it, even if by the end of the night you have gained 2 racing tyres, several large beer mugs and litle memory of how they were obtained. The fountain in the main square was filled with Fairy Liquid and resulted in the main square being full of (soft) bubbles. The place was full of all nationalities all having a great time.

Oh, and the MG and Hawian girls were there too

Simon
Old 22 Jun 2002, 02:21 (Ref:318576)   #52
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like those shirts with the Spyker on them! Any chance I could get one?

And does anyone know where I can get a Spyker Squadron jacket besides braining one of the mechanics and stealing one?
Old 22 Jun 2002, 05:39 (Ref:318648)   #53
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if they have the jackets, but:

www.spyker.shop.nl
Old 22 Jun 2002, 08:35 (Ref:318712)   #54
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
c'est moi

a ****, not the *****....wasting film - sunday 1pm
Old 22 Jun 2002, 15:40 (Ref:319024)   #55
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: c'est moi

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
a ****, not the *****....wasting film - sunday 1pm
Keep on posting, Kdr !
Old 23 Jun 2002, 11:42 (Ref:319519)   #56
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually that alleged t**t probably gets a very good shot from there -- you can see the reflections of the cars coming into the pits, in those one-way windows, and if you get the angle just right you get both the car itself and the reflection. I have several good "art" shots from 2000 when I was in the ACO grandstand.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 12:17 (Ref:319524)   #57
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
liz...c'est moi
Old 23 Jun 2002, 12:29 (Ref:319526)   #58
Liz
Veteran

Oh. I thought you were inside there taking a photo out the window at a peasant.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 12:42 (Ref:319531)   #59
kdr
Veteran

i am that hard working peasant
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:58 (Ref:319701)   #60
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Funny "self portrait at LM" !
Old 23 Jun 2002, 16:15 (Ref:319714)   #61
kdr
Veteran

although i'm sure everyone would want to see some cars, rather than my white legs.

heres the good guys....
Old 23 Jun 2002, 18:36 (Ref:319807)   #62
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just love that Pic. Have you a a high res version?

FG
Old 24 Jun 2002, 06:58 (Ref:320147)   #63
kdr
Veteran

fg

i think i can find it. can you email me your email?
Old 24 Jun 2002, 12:43 (Ref:320346)   #64
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i think i can find it
Hey Kdr, fantastic pic ! Don't forget the pals !
Old 24 Jun 2002, 13:08 (Ref:320370)   #65
kdr
Veteran

the only thing i can't find is your email address fab!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 13:21 (Ref:320379)   #66
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
kdr-
drop that hi-res version of the Bentley on me, mate!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Jun 2002, 13:35 (Ref:320389)   #67
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
the only thing i can't find is your email address fab!
I just send it to you right now, but with a huge pic... if it spams, destroy it, I'll re-send you the adress without the pic...

Thanks so lot !
Old 7 Jul 2002, 00:57 (Ref:328419)   #68
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And does anyone know where I can get a Spyker Squadron jacket besides braining one of the mechanics and stealing one?
Liz...... surely that is the only and most gratifying way of obtaining one !!??
Rusty
Old 7 Jul 2002, 23:30 (Ref:329063)   #69
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really want to attent the 24 hours sometime soon, i'll see if I can go a little closer to the time, I'm due to start Uni in September, so I want to see if I have the money and that it doesn't clash with anything important for Uni.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 12:21 (Ref:329331)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
I really want to attent the 24 hours sometime soon, i'll see if I can go a little closer to the time, I'm due to start Uni in September, so I want to see if I have the money and that it doesn't clash with anything important for Uni.
Surely it's the other way around? Uni clashing with something more important........
Old 8 Jul 2002, 12:59 (Ref:329370)   #71
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Surely it's the other way around? Uni clashing with something more important........
To be fair Ayse, one doesn't really know this until after the event. Once Oversteer has been to Le Mans I'm sure he will gets things into the correct perspective.

FG
Old 8 Jul 2002, 15:13 (Ref:329470)   #72
kdr
Veteran

...but its only 24 hours one weekend...

Old 8 Jul 2002, 16:52 (Ref:329529)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
...but its only 24 hours one weekend...

Exactly!

But then I also accept that you have to experience the obsession to become an obsessive......
Old 8 Jul 2002, 19:40 (Ref:329670)   #74
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erm for the last 3 years i've been glued to the TV all weekend, for one weekend in June, taping anything I can.

Is that not obsessive enough for you?
Old 8 Jul 2002, 19:52 (Ref:329683)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed that's not bad Paul, but with your background the obsession has got to really start with a visit. As and when you do get the chance to go, you'll really understand what we all mean.