Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 Oct 2002, 17:33 (Ref:418665)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank for that guys will added them later 2nite - there will be a major update coming over the next week or so, the current version is a "beta" version - using lycos wonderful create you own website in 10 mins tool, I am currently working on a more user friendly site, which I hope to launch sometime in the nest 2 weeks.

Rob
Old 31 Oct 2002, 19:00 (Ref:418722)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good thread. On the basis that we reserve this for car and team news for Le Mans 2003, I'll make it "sticky", so that it appears at the top of the list. Please make sure we use it for this purpose only, and use the other Le Mans 2003 for the more general stuff. OK?
Old 4 Nov 2002, 09:08 (Ref:421244)   #28
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ascari want to enter with an all female driver line up next year. They hope this will attract more attention to the effort, unlike the last two years - which was one of the reasons they quit.

They only hope now this news has broke, that the ACO will give them an entry for 2003.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 16:40 (Ref:421530)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by egor

They only hope now this news has broke, that the ACO will give them an entry for 2003.

Well. I for one would like to see them back. Let's keep our fingers crossed for them.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 17:35 (Ref:422305)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
hello folks ! Sorry that I was off for few days and missed the launch of this new thread (thank you RdJones !)... check this Le Mans paper (Ouest France Le Mans) :

http://www.lemans.maville.com/actu/D...28002&idCLA=53

They say :
- two or three Bentleys
- some Audis, including Dave Maraj team and so on (two Joest cars, a Gog car, and a Audi UK car)
- two Pesca
- one or two Courage
- two LMP07 Panozes
- a Yellow Magic (John Nielssen project with a Reynard Chassis)
- De Chaunac is still seeking a partner (any money here ?)
- few MG in LMP675
- Roc and WR, as usual
- Corvettes, Saleens, Viper, Maranellos, and a rumour about the new Carrera V10 Porsche (nice !)
- Pagani Zontas
- Aston Martin (pushed by Ford !)
- new GT 40, prepared by Saleen

A new chairman for ACO : Jean-Claude Plassard (ex international manager of Carrefour), after Michel Cosson, to extend the international partnership...

So, what do you think of this ?

Last edited by Fab; 5 Nov 2002 at 17:37.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 17:58 (Ref:422327)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
What do you think is meant by ' extending the international partnership'.
Are we finally going to see some collaboration between the various governing bodies in the sportscar / GT world to produce a consistant set of rules and a world championship built around the great race.

I guess an occasional dream doesnt harm anyone!!

Last edited by Mal; 5 Nov 2002 at 17:59.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 07:10 (Ref:422735)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
What do you think is meant by ' extending the international partnership'.
No, about the whole stuff...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
Are we finally going to see some collaboration between the various governing bodies in the sportscar / GT world to produce a consistant set of rules and a world championship built around the great race.
Don't count on it !

Quote:
Originally posted by Mal I guess an occasional dream doesnt harm anyone!!
Old 6 Nov 2002, 07:45 (Ref:422746)   #33
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
- Aston Martin (pushed by Ford !)
- new GT 40, prepared by Saleen
Aston Martin motorsport program was cancelled sometime ago.
I guees the new Ford GT 40 prepared by Saleen will only be ready for 2004 edition.
Old 7 Nov 2002, 20:07 (Ref:424083)   #34
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, Rob, nice new layout. Where'd you get that idea?

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Nov 2002, 20:10 (Ref:424087)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Hey, Rob, nice new layout. Where'd you get that idea?

I thought of it all myself ! ! !
Old 8 Nov 2002, 02:23 (Ref:424258)   #36
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
The new Ford GT40 will never born. The car will be register as Ford GT.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 02:45 (Ref:424945)   #37
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford have shown the car as a Ford GT40, if it races it will be as a Ford GT40.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 12:54 (Ref:425094)   #38
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nope, Ford are naming the car GT, they say the "40" was a nickname given by the fans(because the car was only 40 cm high)
Old 9 Nov 2002, 22:51 (Ref:425305)   #39
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow 40cm high!! That is low......
Old 9 Nov 2002, 23:04 (Ref:425312)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhino
Wow 40cm high!! That is low......
But I belive the new on is 70cm high, so surly it should be the Ford GT70 ! ! ! !
Old 10 Nov 2002, 15:05 (Ref:425748)   #41
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What no Debora

I think there is some confusion over cm and inches here. 40cm is about 16 inches. That is very low, I am sure the ACO would have something to say about that !

Simon
Old 10 Nov 2002, 15:07 (Ref:425750)   #42
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
What no Debora
Thank god
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:36 (Ref:426377)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
What no Debora
OH NO!
Old 11 Nov 2002, 15:16 (Ref:426442)   #44
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
But I belive the new on is 70cm high, so surly it should be the Ford GT70 ! ! ! !
Ok, for those who aren't being tongue-in-cheek...

The GT40 was 40" (1.02 m) high.

The new GT is 43" (1.09 m) high.

So Rob's idea would make this the GT43.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Nov 2002, 14:54 (Ref:427090)   #45
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
OH NO!
What if Debora come all the same ?!?
Old 12 Nov 2002, 16:19 (Ref:427117)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
What if Debora come all the same ?!?
Then my friend, I will, of course, be absolutely delighted for all their fans.

Old 13 Nov 2002, 10:09 (Ref:427632)   #47
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Then my friend, I will, of course, be absolutely delighted for all their fans.
Come Ayse, you're one of THEM !!!
Old 13 Nov 2002, 13:25 (Ref:427739)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Come Ayse, you're one of THEM !!!

Like all the best politicians, I make no further comment........
Old 13 Nov 2002, 13:40 (Ref:427759)   #49
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I say ban any Audi from the event, make this years event have a less predictable winner, and a Zonda being on the entry list would be good because it's a stunning car. Any word on the appearance of Morgan next year?, and on that subject a works Morgan team?

BTW I haven't had access to the net, cos i've moved out of my dads, but i'm going to contribute whenever I can via an Internet cafe.
Old 13 Nov 2002, 15:10 (Ref:427822)   #50
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
Well I say ban any Audi from the event
Do you want a Bentley predictable victory?