Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2003, 17:09 (Ref:637808)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ali*
I think the idea i'm trying to say is we're more off for the racing side of Le Mans than the drinking.

Hallelujah! A like mind, Ali
Old 22 Jun 2003, 02:34 (Ref:638898)   #27
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karting Nord was quiet this year, although it was much more crowded this year than last year. I'm not saying it was curfew-type quiet, but the Germans didn't bring that generator this year and only one group of idiots in a big motorhome played their music loudly enough to be heard in Paris. And only before dark.

I'd join the ACO just to get the hangout privileges and the goodie pack -- Entry List, Program, framable picture of winning team, bumper sticker, and poster. I like the entry list because if I am at a race and not working, I can get it autographed. The drivers love to sign it.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 03:22 (Ref:654387)   #28
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Coming from Canada, here are my options:

1. Fly in UK
a. rent a car, duplicate Michael Delaney's ride in
b. join a coach tour and let them take care of it (preferably earlier in the week

2. Fly in Paris
a. rent a car (see above)
b. take the train

or 1c Fly to UK, find hospitable British marshal who is working race and has spare seat and guest ticket.

Seriously if you are flying to UK and renting car (probably cheaper than flying to Paris and renting) book your ferry by mid February, they get very full that week.

P-C Try and catch you in Toronto, I will be on 905-837-5528 from tuesday evening.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:25 (Ref:654455)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
All this to say I'll be following this thread with great interest.
And it's good to see you're planning something for 2004 !
Old 7 Jul 2003, 12:29 (Ref:654726)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, not long to go Fab - just over 11 months.......
Old 7 Jul 2003, 13:09 (Ref:654783)   #31
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy
or 1c Fly to UK, find hospitable British marshal who is working race and has spare seat and guest ticket.
Ah, but I in fact will need two seats...

Bob, we'll discuss this more anon.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Jul 2003, 20:23 (Ref:655192)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Diet for you over the next 11 months then, young man.....
Old 7 Jul 2003, 20:47 (Ref:655214)   #33
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, who you calling young?

err, I mean...

It's actually a father and son thing. You all would understand.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Jul 2003, 05:01 (Ref:655486)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Well, not long to go Fab - just over 11 months.......
Uh uh ! Not for me ! There's the November event !
Old 8 Jul 2003, 05:01 (Ref:655488)   #35
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
It's actually a father and son thing. You all would understand.
And who's who ?
Old 8 Jul 2003, 12:36 (Ref:655755)   #36
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Puis-que mon enfant est une fille, I'd be the son in the father-son duo.

Once she's interested in racing (I'd say by the age of 3), I'll start taking her to ALMS races, with the aim of her going to Le Mans, too (perhaps by 2013 ).

-Bill James
Old 9 Jul 2003, 08:58 (Ref:656623)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Puis-que mon enfant est une fille, I'd be the son in the father-son duo.

Once she's interested in racing (I'd say by the age of 3), I'll start taking her to ALMS races, with the aim of her going to Le Mans, too (perhaps by 2013 ).
And how old is she ? I hope you're not intend to come only in 2013 !!!
Old 9 Jul 2003, 12:21 (Ref:656784)   #38
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
She's not yet 2. I have to indoctrinate her in racing first, and her mother won't let me take her to the track until next summer at the earliest...

Rest assured, though, the plan for 2004 is still on.

-Bill James
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:19 (Ref:657575)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Old 15 Jul 2003, 19:42 (Ref:662183)   #40
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
She's not yet 2. I have to indoctrinate her in racing first, and her mother won't let me take her to the track until next summer at the earliest...

I know its a bit off topic but I've been taking my little girl with me everywhere this season (she sepnt her 4th birthday at the Donington FIA GT meeting...had a party as well of course) and on the whole she loves it...though Mallory Park is the favourite cos it has swings and a slide

Le Mans, however, I wouldn't dream of taking her to for a good few years yet.

This kind of thing courtesy of Jenny Baker-Carr does wonders for nuturing a youngsters enjoyment

Attached Thumbnails
abbitec.jpg  
Old 15 Jul 2003, 19:54 (Ref:662201)   #41
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Y'know, I'm looking forward to doing that with my girl. I just hope she gets to sit in the Barbie car... which means that I hope Ashley Taws continues to do well. Next summer she'll be pushing 3. Too early? We'll see.

edited to say, sorry folks, that's seriously off-topic. Le Mans. 2004. What else?

Last edited by paul-collins; 15 Jul 2003 at 19:55.

-Bill James
Old 16 Jul 2003, 14:51 (Ref:662896)   #42
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
sorry folks, that's seriously off-topic. Le Mans. 2004. What else?
No so much off topic : it always starts with 'who's coming in what'...
Old 16 Jul 2003, 15:02 (Ref:662909)   #43
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Yes but we need to put it in the thread 'LeMans 2015'!!
Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:06 (Ref:663080)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, the first post in that thread should be from me saying, I hope to be there......
Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:08 (Ref:663088)   #45
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
.......should be there, only got 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 to get through first..........
Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:10 (Ref:663093)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Shame, all those damn Le Mans......
Old 16 Jul 2003, 19:17 (Ref:663183)   #47
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i hope to be there in 2015 too, but that's a long way off yet, so i'm not thinking that far ahead yet.
But if all goes as planned, it will be my 10th Le Mans. That's kinda cool... Considering i haven't been to my first yet.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 11:15 (Ref:663753)   #48
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
i hope to be there in 2015 too, but that's a long way off yet, so i'm not thinking that far ahead yet.
But if all goes as planned, it will be my 10th Le Mans. That's kinda cool... Considering i haven't been to my first yet.
Does that mean you are not planning to go until 2006?
Old 22 Jul 2003, 18:28 (Ref:668631)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No that just some of the middle years will be missed. For instance he is getting married in 2009. Although it won't last long if she wants to have it on Le Mans weekend. 2013 will be top, a great celebration of the divorce.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 19:39 (Ref:668680)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You sound like Hari Seldon......