Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jul 2003, 11:39 (Ref:669316)   #51
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul, you can book ferry crossing on Norfolk Lines to Dunkirk and get a special rate to boot -- it's not a floating Duty Free Shop like P&O but is very comfortable, has good food, and is never overcrowded. We rode back from Pre-Qualifying with some of the TVR team last May, which was quite interesting.

Also if you want to camp, you can book with us and your worries will be over for the weekend ... although I'm still waiting to hear about that apartment Gilles mentioned ...
Old 24 Jul 2003, 09:45 (Ref:670120)   #52
wouterwolfs
Rookie

Netherlands
the netherlands
wouterwolfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in the year 2004 I will be present for the first time. I hope it will be specteculair. And Iam not coming for the drinks. maybe I will go with Spyker because i will finish my studie at there company. further will tell.

wouter wolfs
Old 27 Jul 2003, 17:39 (Ref:672562)   #53
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by wouterwolfs maybe I will go with Spyker
That would be cool! Maybe with your able assistance they can last a bit longer in 2004 than they did in 2003...
Old 28 Jul 2003, 07:50 (Ref:673014)   #54
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dauntless
Maybe with your able assistance they can last a bit longer in 2004 than they did in 2003...
You mean longer than 24 hour ?!
Old 2 Aug 2003, 15:19 (Ref:677893)   #55
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Longer in the top teams ?
Old 4 Aug 2003, 19:44 (Ref:679886)   #56
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Okay guys. I think we're on for 04!

Early doors but looks like me and a couple of good friends will be venturing down in the camper van providing I still have it then.

Looking at making a week out of it so looking for suggestions for a few things to do on the way down to make it into a bit more of a holiday than 'just' a race weekend! (No, they've not been before and don't have the bug yet!!)
Old 4 Aug 2003, 21:10 (Ref:679937)   #57
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats good to here - See you in what 45 weeks or so (unless or path cross at Snett at the weekend of course)...........
Old 5 Aug 2003, 06:04 (Ref:680179)   #58
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
get some ten-tenths flags made so we can have an enclosure in a campsite
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:13 (Ref:680335)   #59
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else see the Men & Motors "Le Mans - the world's toughest race" programme last night? - documentary of Audi UK's build up to the 2ish hours of le mans this year. It was brilliant - just as the memories were fading i am re-enthused and now looking forward to '04. Got my '88 badge in back window of my car w/ new Bentley brolly on back parcel-shelf of my car already!!
Old 6 Aug 2003, 19:00 (Ref:681509)   #60
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill

Early doors but looks like me and a couple of good friends will be venturing down in the camper van providing I still have it then.

Looking at making a week out of it so looking for suggestions for a few things to do on the way down to make it into a bit more of a holiday than 'just' a race weekend! (No, they've not been before and don't have the bug yet!!)
Good to hear that the Clerk of the Course will be here next year !

Well, if you're in the mood and if it's a matter of interrest for you, you can't dodge the 'gastronomic and wine' part of the country !
Old 7 Aug 2003, 20:55 (Ref:682262)   #61
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Well, if you're in the mood and if it's a matter of interrest for you, you can't dodge the 'gastronomic and wine' part of the country !
that sounds good, please elaborate. you cant beet good French wine and Good French Food!!
Old 8 Aug 2003, 17:14 (Ref:683057)   #62
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
that sounds good, please elaborate.
not sure Ayse'd appreciate my comments : I already mislead a thread some weeks ago to this kind of things... the problem is I can't stop after I started (despite of my several efforts to go back to the initial subject)

But if you insist...
Old 8 Aug 2003, 21:05 (Ref:683277)   #63
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill

You're lucky...
... I'm spending my days writing my personal LM guide and they're 2 sections that could fit you: "waiting for the day" and "family days".

Gonna try to finish it before the november race but writing directly in English is not so easy...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 9 Aug 2003, 06:57 (Ref:683470)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
not sure Ayse'd appreciate my comments...
Don't worry - if there's one thing I'm always happy to talk about its French wine and food - actually, perhaps unusually, the latter more than the former. You eat sooooooooooooooo well!
Old 10 Aug 2003, 18:40 (Ref:684389)   #65
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right this is not offical but I reckon Le Mans 2004 will be 12/13th June and how do I know this because the ALMS have confirm that there will be a race Mid-Ohio on 27th. So I reckon that throws the rummour of the 19/20th right of the window............
Old 10 Aug 2003, 19:11 (Ref:684415)   #66
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
...........oh and there where a few disission last night (at the BTCC at Snetterton) about possible meets at Le Mans next year to0.......
Old 10 Aug 2003, 20:28 (Ref:684469)   #67
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would figure, as if US GP is now June 19/20 then Canadian if it runs will be 12/13, and as we all know Bernie insists that the Canadian is the same date as leMans to ensure you can't do both!
Old 12 Aug 2003, 07:11 (Ref:685823)   #68
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
...........oh and there where a few disission last night (at the BTCC at Snetterton) about possible meets at Le Mans next year to0.......
What kind of decisions, for what kind of meets ? Do you know more ?
Old 2 Sep 2003, 05:34 (Ref:705343)   #69
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I didn't want to open a special thread for that, even the thread is not matching the URL :
http://www.ljraceart.com/sportscar.html
for those who like Le Mans drawings, just in case you don't know this site yet...

Maybe this one has more its place in "Armchair enthousiast"... Ayse, don't hesitate to delete or move it, I just wanted to show the Le Mans page...
Old 2 Sep 2003, 08:14 (Ref:705416)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice one Fab - as it's a single post, I don't want to move the whole thread so I'll leave it here. Great pics though. (The Toyota looks slightly.... weird.... though.....)

There's another great pic available on my own site now........

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Sep 2003 at 08:15.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 06:52 (Ref:706430)   #71
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Just picked this up from DSC - The test weekend will be April 25, not May 2nd - the race weekend will be 12/13 June (but we knew that bit already)
Old 3 Sep 2003, 07:05 (Ref:706446)   #72
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
12/13th June is great as I guessed the ferries and made the booking back in June. They have just been confirmed Portsmouth Caen on Wednesday returning monday afternoon. I just wish it was next week!
Old 3 Sep 2003, 07:40 (Ref:706482)   #73
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Just picked this up from DSC - The test weekend will be April 25, not May 2nd - the race weekend will be 12/13 June (but we knew that bit already)
Great and useful news, Rob, thank you ! I feel as if we're already close...

BTW, who's planning to come to the test day (a little bit early, I know, but I need to fight this "between LM" depression ) ?

Last edited by Fab; 3 Sep 2003 at 07:41.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 19:13 (Ref:707309)   #74
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
BTW, who's planning to come to the test day (a little bit early, I know, but I need to fight this "between LM" depression ) ?
I can't even think not going to the test day
Old 4 Sep 2003, 05:58 (Ref:707695)   #75
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
I can't even think not going to the test day
Silly me, Why do I ask ?