Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 May 2003, 18:00 (Ref:601918)   #1
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wirdest Rule

Checking over the "Enceinte Generale" tickets today there is the strangest rule on the back. And I quote:

"The public is informed that the law of 06/12/93 states that any person caught entering or attempting to enter the site in possession of an object likely to be construed as a weapon or as likely to casue injury, ICLUDING GLASS BOTTLES, is liable to 3 years imprisonment and a fine of 15,245 Euros."

no glass bottles permitted on the site ...........right!!
Old 17 May 2003, 18:34 (Ref:601947)   #2
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
it's that way since, at least, 1997
I think they check some bags on sat morning at main entry, but of course they don't look in cars in campsites
Old 17 May 2003, 20:25 (Ref:602056)   #3
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what, it is ILLEGAL to carry plyers in your pocket in Texas. It's true! The law was made during the fence cutting wars of early America, and no one ever bothered to have it abolished.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 17 May 2003, 23:00 (Ref:602179)   #4
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, perhaps my original post has been misinterpreted.

I was joking about the fact that several tens of thousand of people camp within the boundaries of "the site". Therefore all (apart from the ten or so tea-totallers that attend) are liable for the prison sentence and fine. Could be a nice little earner for the French government!! Everyone on the campsites has glass bottles!!!
Old 19 May 2003, 04:55 (Ref:603083)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Not a real problem : they precise the thing just to use it if you use your bottle in an other purpose than drink and build walls...
Old 19 May 2003, 11:11 (Ref:603370)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's illegal in Britain to eat Mince Pies at Christmas.
Has been that way since the mid 1600's. Nobody takes any notice however. Just a silly rule that Oliver Cromwell imposed, that has never been changed.
Old 19 May 2003, 15:42 (Ref:603677)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
What's a mince pie ?!? A 'crèpe grand marnier' ? (yum yum again !)
Old 19 May 2003, 15:56 (Ref:603690)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have no idea if it's a crepe grand marnier, but it's like a small cake, with an odd filling in it (i think it's just general rubbish, but in truth i have no idea). You heat them up or eat them cold (yuk!) but they're a christmas tradition over here. Delicious. They normally have a sugary dusting on the top...
Old 20 May 2003, 17:42 (Ref:605084)   #9
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the Americans are right on top of that rule. They now sell most brands in plastic bottles. Also some tracks will not allow you to walk on the track anymore. I've always felt angry when i see the marshals cleaning up broken glass left by uncaring drunks.
Old 20 May 2003, 18:49 (Ref:605169)   #10
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by David A Brown
I've always felt angry when i see the marshals cleaning up broken glass left by uncaring drunks.
well, on friday evening at Le Mans, the pitlane is not always clean
Old 21 May 2003, 01:29 (Ref:605479)   #11
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pirenzo, mince pie sounds like one of those recipes intended for leftovers. My mother used to do the same thing and she called it stew. Quite good, actually.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 21 May 2003, 05:10 (Ref:605551)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
well, on friday evening at Le Mans, the pitlane is not always clean
Absoloutely right : the behavior of some fans is not always adaptated to the spot...

Not talking about the mess after the race, everywhere on the circuit (well, not a lot of bins aroundn, though)...
Old 21 May 2003, 16:48 (Ref:606079)   #13
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
What's a mince pie ?!? A 'crèpe grand marnier' ? (yum yum again !)
http://www.krimson.demon.co.uk/ruby/...mincepies.html
Old 21 May 2003, 21:57 (Ref:606330)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In Indiana, a Mince Pie is also known as Mince Meat Pie...the recipe has to be similar to what I've read above...and although it is decent, (especially if brandy is used as the liquid to mix the ingredients for the filling) I like other types of pie better....

BTW...it is illegal to spit on the sidewalk in Indiana....

And....the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has never allowed glass bottles inside....

Plus...in recent years, they adopted a policy that no one can bring a cooler that is larger than 14 inches, by 14 inches into the facility....

Big coolers would block aisles in the seating areas, or people would try to put them on the seats themselves during practice days, qualifications, etc., and they would take up room where people wanted to sit....

Since 9/11 though, the cooler rule has a more practical side...easier to search a smaller package than a big ice chest....

I just make sure I have a good buzz going before I actually enter the gates...the beer in my cooler is more than enough to handle the day, and everyone in my group brings their own cooler of beer -- backpack style...food is carried in something separate...

It actually makes it easier to get around through what is usually a huge crowd....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 22 May 2003, 09:24 (Ref:606606)   #15
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my little brother has a Simpsons book, it has a load of wierd American laws in the back, i cant remeber which state it was but you can get imprisoned for riding an ugly horse!
Old 22 May 2003, 12:11 (Ref:606739)   #16
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see a problem with glass bottles being banned. When you consider the amount of rubbish thats scattered around by midnight, especially around the fairground area, I shudder to think of the consequences if someone slipped and landed on a load of broken glass.
And on the subject of silly laws, I met someone once who swore blind that there is a medieval law which was never repealed that makes football illegal! Now where can I find one of those "No win, no fee" lawyers.....