Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who do you honestly think will win LM ?
Imsa Performance 997 2 3.08%
Felbermayr/Proton 997 4 6.15%
AF Corse Srl F430 3 4.62%
Flying Lizards 997 26 40.00%
Risi Competizione F430 19 29.23%
Risi/Krohn Competizione F430 1 1.54%
Spyker Squadron 5 7.69%
Farnbacher Racing F430 0 0%
Virgo Motorsport 4 6.15%
BMS Scuderia Italia F430 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 May 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2203866)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911
I hope to see a Porsche to win in Le Mans again, this year. Porsche and Le Mans, a real classic!
I reckon you will see maybe 2 Porsche wins Dario .
Old 16 May 2008, 11:35 (Ref:2203900)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its close though ..... I really hope to see a mega scrap right down to the last lap .

Like a couple of years ago with Rfh , JML and Courage . That was some battle !!!!
Old 16 May 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2204002)   #28
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I see nobody's owned up to placing the Risi/Krohn vote!
I did, but I wanted to vote for Risi Melo Salo Bruni, but I clicked on the wrong box, so delete one from krohn/Risi and add it to risi
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 16 May 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2204035)   #29
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eurgh, forza ferrari.

i never thought i'd turn away from Porsche, but here i go!

Old 16 May 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2204039)   #30
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Yeah, but they ain't gonna win, Ger.

Spyderman, i was with you.
Who voted for Team LNT in 2006?
Old 16 May 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2204042)   #31
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
eurgh, forza ferrari.

i never thought i'd turn away from Porsche, but here i go!

youve finally seen sense and voted for the ferrari's

any word on wether AF corse will be running their FIA GT team and drivers or will their name be disgraced at lemans again this year by selling the entry to the **** poor JMB effort?
Old 16 May 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2204092)   #32
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
I admit, i voted felbermayr at the time :S

Oh well, i can vote them but support our brits in the virgo car.
do you reckon if we ask niecly they'll put an ecurie Llan sticker on the car?
Old 16 May 2008, 15:56 (Ref:2204160)   #33
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Why did you bother replying if this thread annoys you so much
cause he has seen the light! Hallelujah!
Old 16 May 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2204169)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

Are you stalking me through the forum ? lol
Old 19 May 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2206220)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
PLEASE READ

Contributors to this thread will notice that I've deleted a number of off-topic whinges and moans which add nothing at all to the interest level of this thread and serve only to annoy everybody else. As a moderator, I don't hit the 'warn' button very often but I can tell you that I and my fellow mods have had quite enough of the childish bickering that some members seem determined to engage in.

If I can remind everyone, this is a poll thread to predict the GT2 winner at Le Mans. Either use it as such or lose it.

No more warnings people.
Old 19 May 2008, 09:41 (Ref:2206275)   #36
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
BMS Scuderia Italia - Strong Driver Lineup, questionable tires/wear

Virgo Motorsport - Strong Driver Lineup, Dunlops are fine vs somewhat "weaker" competition in LMS when compared to efforts in FIA GT and ALMS. Looks like they have the durability, but do they have the pace to match the Michelins, especially at night/qualifying?

AF Corse - Lineup unknown at this point but has all the proper ingredients to do well

I voted for Risi because even though the Porsches "seem" faster, Ferrari factory drivers always seem to pull the best (last 3%) out of the car and comfortably stay ahead of the competition. (witness Melo's qualifying time in which he had the best sector times yet even with a slide was able to match Henzler's pole time for every digit)

Melo was leading with EASE and over a LAP well past the half way point when they struck bad luck. Considering how well 2007 overall and the end of 2006 was, bad luck was bound to find them sooner or later.

Instead of dominating the first 4-5 races this year, they have struggled to even finish on the podium but still outpace the competition in between mishaps.

I think Bruni and Melo are the strongest Ferrari test/factory drivers and they just drove away from the competition at Sebring including Flying Lizard and got up a lap early, like what happen today.

There's no reason to bet against them and Jorg and Wolf both have questionable judgment at times behind the wheel. Both have crashed cars by just trying too hard...

I think IMSA is the Porsche team to beat honestly but Salo is stronger than Narac head to head and that's how they'll get behind early. Melo/Bruni vs Lietz/Long cancel each other out.

The unknown is AF Corse because if they go with anybody that they currently have on their roster, they'll be a strong team.

If Virgo can find some night pace on the Dunlops and BMS can stay out of trouble during the day where I think they can double stint the Pirelli's at night, everybody will have to pedal hard, which I give the advantage to Ferrari an easier to drive car on the limit, seen Jorg go over that limit and crash, remember Le Mans 2006 with Krohn as a teammate??

Pillet and Lieb will land in the other Porsche (Felbermayr)

That leaves Virgo and BMS as the two "Wild Cards" that could be a factor in not only keeping the Porsches out of the Top 5, but locking out the podium...

Ferrari is due, silly things have stopped them from winning when they had the best car..

Last edited by dj4monie; 19 May 2008 at 09:46.
Old 19 May 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2206471)   #37
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's still a few very strong Ferrari drivers out there without confirmed rides at this point, not the least of which is Dirk Muller! Someone would do very well to get him into their car ASAP.

DK
Old 20 May 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2207278)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It's about time the Lizards had a bit more luck, a professional team with a reliable car, and you must finish if you want to win it.
Old 20 May 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2207279)   #39
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Instead of dominating the first 4-5 races this year, they have struggled to even finish on the podium but still outpace the competition in between mishaps.

There's no reason to bet against them and Jorg and Wolf both have questionable judgment at times behind the wheel. Both have crashed cars by just trying too hard...

Ferrari is due, silly things have stopped them from winning when they had the best car..
Can I point out that these "mishaps" and "silly things" have mostly had "Jaime Melo, 2008" signatured on them? And we can hardly accuse Jorg and Wolf of bad judgement in the face of super crash, Jamie Melo.

Instead of dominating the first 4-5 races this year, Porsche have beaten Ferrari but been found to have the most ridiculous technical infringements. I can't see a Ferrari lasting 24 hours at 100% speed, whereas I can see the Porsches doing that. The best Ferrari is the Virgo car, because it doesn't have a single crashmaster at the wheel, compared with Melo, and Mr Angry Salo, who I fear may try and take out the Charouz Aston Lola everytime it attempts to lap him, because it has a name he doesn't like on the driver's door.

I'd say Rob Bell is the most underated guy in that field, because we saw at the end at Spa just how cool, composed and plain fast he is. The only way I can think to improve the driving team in that car is to switch Sugden for Kirkaldy, for that extra 10th of a second a lap. But we shall see. I still fancy Felbermayr, because they're very strong, and Lizards drastically underperformed last year.
Old 20 May 2008, 16:58 (Ref:2207550)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

Rob Bell is fast making a big name for himself ..... brilliant driver .
Old 20 May 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2207742)   #41
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The best Ferrari is the Virgo car, because it doesn't have a single crashmaster at the wheel, compared with Melo, and Mr Angry Salo, who I fear may try and take out the Charouz Aston Lola everytime it attempts to lap him, because it has a name he doesn't like on the driver's door.
Very, very funny!

One thing to point out is that 55 cars on the 8 mile circuit is far down (cars per mile) from the standard LMS race and most ALMS races. Melo has had a bad year, but Le Mans may be a bit easier for him to avoid other traffic.
Old 21 May 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2208308)   #42
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Manufacturer vise so far the poll goes like this

porsche 21
ferrari 20
spyker 4
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 May 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2208343)   #43
The Badger
Veteran

Yes , but the most popular team is the Lizards 17 to 12 .
Old 21 May 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2208367)   #44
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Yes , but the most popular team is the Lizards 17 to 12 .
Realy, and I tought that big chart on front of the page said that
Old 21 May 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2208446)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

It did .

Looks like Lieb wont be at Le mans . So who is left that could take the 3rd seat at Lizards .

Nienam-Hope not !!!
Law-Hope not !!!
Pilet-hope so .
Bernhard-Hope so too .

Im gutted that Lieb wont be in the car .
Old 21 May 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2208465)   #46
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It did .

Looks like Lieb wont be at Le mans . So who is left that could take the 3rd seat at Lizards .

Nienam-Hope not !!!
Law-Hope not !!!
Pilet-hope so .
Bernhard-Hope so too .

Im gutted that Lieb wont be in the car .
im gutted that Henzler wont be in the car, he has proved this year he is as fast if not faster than Bergmiester.
Old 21 May 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2208468)   #47
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Richard Westwood in a car yet cos he's pretty quick?!

Oh, and I went for Lizards too cos I think they deserve a break!
Old 21 May 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2208514)   #48
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
people just email them at their contact mail, and they will reply, I asked about the weight isue few days back and they responded the same day, and the team menager no less. I'd do it but I feel kind of dirty to represent my self as a porsche fan. Not that I have anything against porsche fans, I just dont like lieing to them, when they are so nice
Old 21 May 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2208520)   #49
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
richard westbrook and patrik pilet are fresh blood, and they are wery fast but they are also very young and not that expirienced with porsche rsr in 24h events, they might break it,
so the best one would be Bernhard
Old 21 May 2008, 18:45 (Ref:2208529)   #50
RacersGroup
Rookie

Germany
RacersGroup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
richard westbrook... and not that expirienced with porsche rsr in 24h events, they might break it...
Westbrook will drive at the Nürburgring 24hrs. this weekend. And he was also a member of TRG-Porsche in Daytona this year.
But i think he won't be in a Lizard-Porsche for LM.