Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2439302)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw View Post
According to the Jos Verstappen website: Verstappen is talking with Pescarolo for a Lemans drive. Intresting?

Quote : (in dutch)

Maar er is nog een ander team."

Vertel! Wat speelt er?
"Ik heb vorige week nog contact gehad met Pescarolo Sport. Zij zoeken nog een rijder voor hun LMP1 team en willen mij graag in hun auto hebben. Misschien dat ik daar aan het eind van de maand voor kan testen. Komende week hebben we weer contact."
Gaat het dan alleen over de 24 Uur van Le Mans of ook nog over de Le Mans Series? "Beide." En is het de auto met Judd benzine motor of de Peugeot 908 diesel die Pescarolo in Le Mans inzet? "De benzine auto. Die deed het goed in Barcelona en is daar tweede geworden op veertien seconden achterstand. Met een andere coureur hadden ze kunnen winnen, zei Pescarolo."
Positief dus?
"Zeker. Alleen voor Le Mans weet je dan dat je eigenlijk geen kans maakt met de diesels van Audi en Peugeot die daar ook rijden. Wat ik al zei, het is een lastige keuze."

Not a lot of help for most of us, that........#

Can we please remember that this is an English-speaking board - thanks.
Old 13 Apr 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2439673)   #27
kootje
Rookie

Netherlands
Apeldoorn , Holland
kootje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Google English....

iTell! What is it?

"I spoke last week in contact with Pescarolo Sport. They are looking for a rider for their LMP1 team and want me to their cars. Maybe I was at the end of the month prior to testing. Next week we will contact .
Is it just about the 24 Hour of Le Mans or even on the Le Mans Series? "Both." And it is the Judd car with petrol engine or the Peugeot 908 diesel which Pescarolo Le Mans bet? "The petrol car. They did well in Barcelona and has since become the second fourteen seconds behind. Another driver had to win, said Pescarolo.
Positive so?
"Sure. Only Le Mans you know that you really no chance with the diesels of Audi and Peugeot, which also drive. What I said, it's a difficult choice."

Grtzzzzz Kootje
Old 13 Apr 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2439704)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks mate
Old 20 Apr 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2445780)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A whole week with no new developments?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2446583)   #30
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It looks like most of the seat's have been filed, but the question remains which car will Terada drive? It wouldn't be the same without him....
Old 22 Apr 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2446788)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well all the diesels must no carry an extra passenger called Extra ballast.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2447228)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
It looks like most of the seat's have been filed, but the question remains which car will Terada drive? It wouldn't be the same without him....

Well he can't stop at 29, surely? Someone must be in sufficient need of some Yen to give him a seat?
Old 23 Apr 2009, 05:51 (Ref:2447541)   #33
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know what Jan Lammers is going to drive at Le Mans this year ? I heard a rumour that he won't be doing Le Mans anymore but I really hope that is not going to be the case.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2448007)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, he was well out in the boondocks last year, wasn't he? I don't know.

Talking of 1988 winners, what about Andy Wallace now his seat has gone in the RML Lola?
Old 27 Apr 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2450656)   #35
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know if its been posted already:
Brabham in a Peugeot (source - ITV4 yesterday)
Danny Watts from A1 GP fame in the Strakka Racing Ginetta-Zytek
Old 27 Apr 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2450762)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oreca's driver line-up has been announced (on Endurance-Info.com):

Tiago Monteiro will join Senna and Ortelli
Soheil Ayari will join Panis and Lapierre
Old 27 Apr 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2450804)   #37
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen won't be at Spa (and Le Mans?) with Pescarolo because he saw the rule corrections and thinks it's not enough, soo is not interested...
Old 27 Apr 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2450826)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Montriro and Ayari have signed for Oreca for Le Mans , just found the headline at End-Info .

Oh , Ya got there before I did Mr.B !!!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2450958)   #39
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see Tiago in there. Is this his first run in a Sportscar? I don't remember seeing him anywhere else other than single seaters and touring cars.

With him, I think that's 4 Portuguese with Lamy, Amaral and Ramos, including 1 Portuguese-backed car (Quifel).
Now we only need Barbosa to get in there but recent news doesn't look good.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2452177)   #40
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Nice to see Tiago in there. Is this his first run in a Sportscar? I don't remember seeing him anywhere else other than single seaters and touring cars.
In 2001, he raced in Le Mans with the Larbre Viper and the ELMS Estoril round with the Brookspeed Viper, plus most of the FFSA GT season with a Porsche GT3 Cup. He had an entry for FIA GT in Estoril in 2002 as well, but he only ran in practice.

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?
Old 30 Apr 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2453267)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Bergmeister-Law-Nieman for the Lizards .....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 3 May 2009 at 13:35. Reason: Let's leave the comment out completely then, shall we.......?
Old 3 May 2009, 16:21 (Ref:2454645)   #42
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Racing Box have confirmed their trio for Le Mans (news courtesy of Daily Sportscar):

Matteo Bobbi, Andrea Piccini and Thomas Biagi. Formidable line-up in a very quick car..........what a contrast to 2008!
Old 4 May 2009, 05:15 (Ref:2454943)   #43
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a great lineup there for Racing Box, hope they do well against the Porsches.

I know they have raced GTs at LM before but do these 3 have much prototype experience at Le Sarthe??
Old 4 May 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2454982)   #44
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I know they have raced GTs at LM before but do these 3 have much prototype experience at Le Sarthe??
I don't think any of them have raced ACO regs prototypes before this season, but they did win first time out in the LMS at Barcelona. Incidentally, I don't associate Bobbi's name with Le Mans (unlike the other two), I suspect this may be his first.
Old 4 May 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2454988)   #45
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I don't think any of them have raced ACO regs prototypes before this season, but they did win first time out in the LMS at Barcelona. Incidentally, I don't associate Bobbi's name with Le Mans (unlike the other two), I suspect this may be his first.
I did a quick search on Bobbi in the driver history section on the LM site and he didn't come up, so I guess it will be his first time!
Old 4 May 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2454995)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I did a quick search on Bobbi in the driver history section on the LM site and he didn't come up, so I guess it will be his first time!
Thanks for that. Bobbi does have DP experience, so a lidded prototype won't be completely alien to him.
Old 4 May 2009, 23:13 (Ref:2455507)   #47
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Bentley03 and AstonGeoff, I knew Piccini and Biagi had raced before at LM, not so sure about Bobbi, forgot about his DP experience, hope it helps him. Should be a good lineup regardless. Bravo for Racing Box!
Old 10 May 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2459626)   #48
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A rumour that Jos Verstappen will drive for Aston Martin?
Old 11 May 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2459744)   #49
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
A rumour that Jos Verstappen will drive for Aston Martin?
Yep:
http://autosport.nl/news/17849/sport...r_le_mans.html
Old 11 May 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2459800)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Anyone have a translation of that?