Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2012, 06:08 (Ref:3087304)   #26
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Good news for Americans (no Nascar this weekend?):

Quote:
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Speed TV

1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - speedtv.com

2:30 PM - 7:00 PM - Speed TV

7:00 PM - 7:30 PM - speedtv.com

7:30 PM - 9:30 AM - Speed TV

(ET)
Old 9 Jun 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3088057)   #27
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is Nascar but Speed only shows the Sprint Cup qualifying during the race window.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3088066)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Btw, Speed's 2012 team:

Commentary / Analysts

Leigh Diffey
Calvin Fish
Dorsey Schraider
Bob Varsha
David Hobbs
Scott Pruett

Pit lane

Jamie Howe
Brian Till
Greg Creamer
Justin Bell
Andrew Marriott

Looking forward to hearing them on my second re-watch. Scott "hi to my family" Pruett can be a bit annoying at times but otherwise it's all quality
Old 9 Jun 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3088245)   #29
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on audi.tv there is this advice:

Die 24 stunden von le mans live aus dem cockpit der vier audir18. 16 Juni 2012 ab 15 uhr.

Could someone translate? i didn't use google translater because the odd and ungrammatical tradution creates only confusion.
That cockpit scares me a bit, hope that won't be just a camera car streaming.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 06:16 (Ref:3088320)   #30
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
on audi.tv there is this advice:

Die 24 stunden von le mans live aus dem cockpit der vier audir18. 16 Juni 2012 ab 15 uhr.

Could someone translate? i didn't use google translater because the odd and ungrammatical tradution creates only confusion.
That cockpit scares me a bit, hope that won't be just a camera car streaming.

Apparently the ACO/FIA have sold Eurosport the exclusive (in Europe) right to sell the monthly subscription to its 'player', to Le Mans fans so that they could watch that rather poor quality feed for a couple of days. I just tried the test video, it says the current streaming is 1800kbps, but it looks like crap even compared to ALMS streaming.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 10 Jun 2012 at 06:25.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3088343)   #31
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Btw, Speed's 2012 team:

Commentary / Analysts

Leigh Diffey
Calvin Fish
Dorsey Schraider
Bob Varsha
David Hobbs
Scott Pruett

Pit lane

Jamie Howe
Brian Till
Greg Creamer
Justin Bell
Andrew Marriott

Looking forward to hearing them on my second re-watch. Scott "hi to my family" Pruett can be a bit annoying at times but otherwise it's all quality
Anyone know if Speed are still showing their coverage online? Have vague memories of watching it online a few years ago. So with no ONE coverage here in Australia (not amused) and Audi feed restricted to incar this and some other unofficial streams might be the only way of me watching the race.

I'll be listening to RLM thank god but some video would be nice.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3088352)   #32
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Anyone know if Speed are still showing their coverage online?
The online streaming has always covered only the hours when the channel is off the air, so this schedule should answer the question: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....4&postcount=26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Apparently the ACO/FIA have sold Eurosport the exclusive (in Europe) right to sell the monthly subscription to its 'player', to Le Mans fans so that they could watch that rather poor quality feed for a couple of days. I just tried the test video, it says the current streaming is 1800kbps, but it looks like crap even compared to ALMS streaming.
I think main reason why even ACO itself can't stream the race is that the exclusive tv deal with Eurosport predates WEC.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3088363)   #33
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

mmm ok, if i get a thing free i don't complain about quaility! that german sentence gives some clue if audi.tv will stream eurosport+r18on board camera or will be just a 24H of on board ?

edit. nevermind doing a fast search i've been able to find a good quality and free stream of eurosport, currently is streamed live the supersport or someother support bike race of the superbike weekend in misano. Hope is rising in me, no doubts that there will be a lot of these kind of channels available for the 24h of le mans, hope to find something usefull for the qualifying too.

Last edited by alexkiller8; 10 Jun 2012 at 09:24.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3088384)   #34
deggis
Veteran

Finland
1. confirmation of two hours of streaming 2. Corvette onboard streams
Quote:
"In addition to the fully produced, two hours of live streaming race coverage on SPEED.com, two live Corvette Racing in-car cameras are also available throughout the weekend, along with a camera placed in the General Motors pit lane. To enjoy the two-screen experience, log onto speedtv.com/corvette."
http://speedtv.com/corvette
Old 10 Jun 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3088387)   #35
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The online streaming has always covered only the hours when the channel is off the air, so this schedule should answer the question: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....4&postcount=26
Thanks. Two hours...??. Will have to find some other streams somewhere that will undoubtedly pop up in the race.

Maybe our friend justin maybe able to help..
Old 10 Jun 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3088415)   #36
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think main reason why even ACO itself can't stream the race is that the exclusive tv deal with Eurosport predates WEC.
Yeah, that was explained last week during the Test day on the RadioLeMans forum. Eurosport have an exclusive contract for Le Mans. So whilst MotorsTV have covered the WEC, they won't cover Le Mans, and there will be no live streaming on the series website.
One would hope that when the contract runs out - this won't happen again
Old 10 Jun 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3088532)   #37
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
One would hope that when the contract runs out - this won't happen again
That's not until 2014
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3088691)   #38
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Anyone know if Speed are still showing their coverage online? Have vague memories of watching it online a few years ago. So with no ONE coverage here in Australia (not amused) and Audi feed restricted to incar this and some other unofficial streams might be the only way of me watching the race.

I'll be listening to RLM thank god but some video would be nice.
join the 10ths chat some good info there during the race.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3088973)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujoint View Post
join the 10ths chat some good info there during the race.
That was the plan during the race regardless of coverage. I really enjoy 10ths chat. Good times.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3089037)   #40
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
Looking at the Midweek Motorsport page on Facebook, and Hindy has suggested that there was very nearly 14 hours of coverage on ITV4...both the channel and sponsors were keen. Sadly, however, it was blocked.....by the current exclusive rights holders. The sooner they lose the rights the better....
Old 11 Jun 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3089162)   #41
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Sky would be interested as well, with the Brundle tie-in.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3089201)   #42
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
The sooner they lose the rights the better....
Sooner they lose the exclusive rights the better. What other options there are really? Motorstv? Great for the very small amount of people who have it, but its reach and availability is nothing compared to Eurosport.

I really doubt small countries' channels (excluding maybe like Holland & Denmark) are interested so a big European-wide channel deal is needed.

ITV showing that much interest is a good sign...
Old 12 Jun 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3089352)   #43
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Sooner they lose the exclusive rights the better. What other options there are really?
Streaming! There's an old saying where I live 'I can't eat them all, but I'll bite every single one'. That seems to be Eurosport's motto. Raking up as many sports as possible without being able to cover them properly. Even THE blue-ribbon even is being shuffled around between to channels every year! Many people that have Eurosport don't have Eurosport2. Most don't have either, now includes myself. Not that ever watched it apart from 1 weekend in June.

There's a recent piece on Joe Saward's blog about the new trend of F1 moving to pay per view and how it can influence the sponsorship situation in the longer run.

The least WEC needs is to lose eyeballs because ACO made a big mistake a few years ago. While FOM is just being greedy, because they do rake millions selling rights, ACO/FIA are just being plain silly. They don't have that much to sell yet, or that many to sell to.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 12 Jun 2012 at 04:56.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3089396)   #44
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
Quote:
Streaming! There's an old saying where I live 'I can't eat them all, but I'll bite every single one'. That seems to be Eurosport's motto. Raking up as many sports as possible without being able to cover them properly. Even THE blue-ribbon even is being shuffled around between to channels every year! Many people that have Eurosport don't have Eurosport2. Most don't have either, now includes myself. Not that ever watched it apart from 1 weekend in June.

There's a recent piece on Joe Saward's blog about the new trend of F1 moving to pay per view and how it can influence the sponsorship situation in the longer run.

The least WEC needs is to lose eyeballs because ACO made a big mistake a few years ago. While FOM is just being greedy, because they do rake millions selling rights, ACO/FIA are just being plain silly. They don't have that much to sell yet, or that many to sell to.
Eurosport have all these rights, but not enough channels to show them. Why haven't they got interactive channels, like Sky/BBC have. The last 2 weeks have been a joke - E1, E2, EHD all with tennis....everything else has fitted around - in highlight form; WTCC, MotoGP, Cycling, etc
What the WEC needs is some FTA coverage...I believe there is a gap for another International Motorsport.....and Sportscars is going in the right direction.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3089545)   #45
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Streaming!
Just ask ALMS? It's not really an alternative to mainstream tv. Except for us purists.

Remember, when the Eurosport deal was made (or renewed...?), ACO didn't stream anything yet and there was no WEC yet. I see it more as an unfortunate coincidence.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3089547)   #46
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Fans will be able to follow the progress of car #22 live throughout the 24 hours of racing from a camera mounted on the front of the team’s Honda HPD-ARX-03a.

Interspersing the coverage will be live interviews from the pit lane with World Series by Renault pit lane reporter, Gemma Scott, to give a complete insight of JRM’s debut Le Mans 24 Hours race progress. Gemma will be catching up with the drivers after each stint, mechanics as they follow the race in the garage, plus following any news stories live from the pit wall with insights from chief engineer, Nigel Stepney, and team owner, James Rumsey.

Coverage will start immediately before the start of the race at 15:00hrs CET on Saturday 16 June and finish just after the conclusion of the race at 15:00hrs CET Sunday 17 June.

The stream will also be shown on http://www.crash.net and http://www.speedhunters.com
http://www.jrm-group.com
Old 13 Jun 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3089892)   #47
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Just ask ALMS? It's not really an alternative to mainstream tv. Except for us purists.
The bottom line is that it's now easy for me get my friends to start watching ALMS, now that it doesn't involve a lot of effort, like it used to. Actually it was almost impossible here. I know, Ukrainian viewers are probably irrelevant to ALMS, but WEC sponsors and OEM are probably interested in increasing viewership globally.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3090129)   #48
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://chanfeed.com/eurosport (german)
http://chanfeed.com/eurosport-2 (international)
Old 13 Jun 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3090131)   #49
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
The bottom line is that it's now easy for me get my friends to start watching ALMS, now that it doesn't involve a lot of effort, like it used to. Actually it was almost impossible here. I know, Ukrainian viewers are probably irrelevant to ALMS, but WEC sponsors and OEM are probably interested in increasing viewership globally.
Are your friends already used to watching (other) sports via streams? And are they already familiar with the series? The average viewer probably isn't...

And don't get me wrong - my watching is totally relying on streams. I could get both Eurosports via cable, but too expensive for just one weekend.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3090235)   #50
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://www8.livetv.ru/webplayer2.php...ssp222&lang=en
http://www.yycast.com/GhQ_5rhfGDNkuhd