Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 May 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3401458)   #1
captain_alpha
Rookie

captain_alpha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nurgburgring 24Hrs Entry

Hello,

This is my first post so I hope it is in the right section.

We (My team and I) plan to enter the Nurgburgring 24 hrs in 2016 with a fully custom built race car but I wanted to get a few answers from people who have done this before or simply more knowledgeable people that myself.

What Licence is required for drivers full driving licence or more?

For smaller teams of approx 8- 10 people what size pit garage is available?

As our car is 100% custom built, will it still be admitable to the race, it has a 3200cc twin turbo petrol engine that runs on pump fuel.

Also is the qualifying earlier in the year compulsory or can we just attend the race long weekend.

We are all aware of the budget so that is not a concern.

Thanks
Old 3 May 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3401463)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Welcome on Ten-Tenths.

I think before you can take part in the N24 you have to do some VLN races.

http://vln.de/en/index.html
http://www.24h-rennen.de/offizielle-webseite/
Old 3 May 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3401504)   #3
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_alpha View Post
As our car is 100% custom built, will it still be admitable to the race, it has a 3200cc twin turbo petrol engine that runs on pump fuel.
Your car needs to be from a manufacturer that is recognized by the German (road traffic) authorities... that's, e.g. why there never was a Mosler. Similarly prototypes and trackday specials like an Aquila or Radical. are not eligible.
Old 3 May 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3401516)   #4
captain_alpha
Rookie

Thank you for your answers, although they are not exact;y the answers I wanted to get

Are there any endurance races in Europe where one can race a purpose built race car with drivers that have only international drivers licences.

The car has been in development for years and the have finally got the budgeted £50,000 we expect we will require for a full 24 hr race.

Thanks
Old 3 May 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3401519)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://www.24hseries.com/
Old 3 May 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3401525)   #6
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Well, there's the Creventic event at Barcelona - you might get into that, depending on how roadcar-like your car is.

Your best shot are the 24 hours at Zolder, though... they have a prototype class with - among other things - two of the new Radical RXCs and some CN-prototypes.

If there is a Silverstone 24h event in 2016 that could also be a possibility, but that race has been on a bit of a shaky footing lately.
Old 3 May 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3401558)   #7
captain_alpha
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Thanks for that link, is it possible to enter in only one of the races or must you enter the complete series as I think flying a car over to Dubai is out of the question.

Also can drivers race with only a full road licence or is a race licence required.

Thanks
Old 4 May 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3401736)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Motor racing is 100% regulated by the FIA and the respective National delegated motorsports bodies, so Race licences are required. For something like VLN or N'ring 24 you would need to be a few rungs up the ladder so rookies would be out of the question.
Old 4 May 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3401745)   #9
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Nuburgring 24h entrants need International C licenses or higher, as far as I'm aware. But isn't National A equivalent to International C?
Old 4 May 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3401814)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks for that link, is it possible to enter in only one of the races or must you enter the complete series as I think flying a car over to Dubai is out of the question.
You can enter for single race(s).
Old 4 May 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3401853)   #11
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You might want to look into that more closely, I think transport arrangements from Europe are included with the entry fee.
Old 4 May 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3402085)   #12
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
You might want to look into that more closely, I think transport arrangements from Europe are included with the entry fee.
And it goes by boat if I'm not mistaking.
Old 5 May 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3402548)   #13
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it does. Takes a while for the cars to arrive and return.
Old 11 May 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3404800)   #14
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RTFM! ^^

http://www.24h-rennen.de/uploads/med...4h_2014_EN.pdf
Old 12 May 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3405184)   #15
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What sort of car do you have? Is it based on anything? Is it an LMP style? Depending on the design there could be a number of events to compete in.