Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jul 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1026589)   #1
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Classic - Who When _ In What ?

OK who'll be there. In what and where will you be staying ??
Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:00 (Ref:1026600)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would love to be there, but sadly I can't make it again I will be at Croft watching the British Touring Cars instead. Hopefully I might make it in 2 years time........
Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1026625)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not me this time, sadly. The switch from September to July killed my chances, I'm afraid......
Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:52 (Ref:1026670)   #4
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Who's coming to the Classic ?

Well, I really messed it uo two years ago. "Flu to delium"

Who's comimg this year, and how can I help ??

Two threads for the same topic : Christopher, I think we could merge

Last edited by Fab; 5 Jul 2004 at 13:50.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:48 (Ref:1026738)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there with my old pal : spot on a violet Porsche with a München plate in White park and hail us !
Old 6 Jul 2004, 07:42 (Ref:1027682)   #6
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep will look out for you I'll be there from Friday RED BMW Brit plates car park 6 just behind Pits!!! Then off to Spa for the 24!!!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 08:06 (Ref:1027712)   #7
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, due to some last minute rearranging, I, the old bat and two ankle biters will be there! All a bit last minute, but we are now 95% certain we can do it!

FG
Old 6 Jul 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1027932)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I hope you all have a terrific time. If its half as good as the great time I had in September 02, you're in for a treat!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 19:03 (Ref:1028401)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Well, due to some last minute rearranging, I, the old bat and two ankle biters will be there! All a bit last minute, but we are now 95% certain we can do it!

FG
Well that's really good news. If you are coming I'll bring a tape of Nozze de Figaro recorded live a month or so ago on French TV. It's a cracker !!

Old 6 Jul 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1028410)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I'll be there with my old pal : spot on a violet Porsche with a München plate in White park and hail us !
Give me a ring please Fab. I've left you a PM.

But VIOLET ?? Bring a very large bottle of champagne and I'll bring some wine to surprise you.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 19:35 (Ref:1028431)   #11
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
Well that's really good news. If you are coming I'll bring a tape of Nozze de Figaro recorded live a month or so ago on French TV. It's a cracker !!

OK!

and hmm.... at the risk of alienating our audience here, I'll bring a recording of "Cosi fan Tutte" I conducted last year.

FG
Old 6 Jul 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1028453)   #12
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
OK!

and hmm.... at the risk of alienating our audience here, I'll bring a recording of "Cosi fan Tutte" I conducted last year.

FG
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeee rate !!

That takes care of about a third of the race.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1028478)   #13
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to be there, even more like to be involved with an entry.

Radio Le Mans commentary will be live via www.autosport.com does anyone know if there will be TV coverage , Eurosport ?
Old 7 Jul 2004, 04:25 (Ref:1028767)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1

FG
Yeepee !

Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
But VIOLET ?? Bring a very large bottle of champagne and I'll bring some wine to surprise you.
Gosh ! I'm short fuel ! We drank in June everything I had in the cellar in terms of Champagne ! Oh well, I could found some in Le Mans anyway... the problem is to keep it fresh : there's no place for the coolbox in the Porsche...

Last edited by Fab; 7 Jul 2004 at 04:27.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 05:04 (Ref:1028777)   #15
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Yeepee !

Gosh ! I'm short fuel ! We drank in June everything I had in the cellar in terms of Champagne ! Oh well, I could found some in Le Mans anyway... the problem is to keep it fresh : there's no place for the coolbox in the Porsche...
You'll find a way !!
Come back via Epernay or Reims. I'll provide the ice.

Cheers!!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:20 (Ref:1028832)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by RTH

Radio Le Mans commentary will be live via www.autosport.com

Will it?

Are you sure about that?

Not necessarily doubting you if you have inside information - but it certainly takes me by surprise......
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1028842)   #17
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Ayse, Classic Radio Le Mans will be on air during the classic - I understand that it will be on air at the track on 91.2FM and will also go out out live on the net.

They advertising it during the main event in June and Hindy has mention it one of his posts. I will be tuned in.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1029199)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excllent news. I'll be tuning in as well then.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1029321)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Surprising : Ouest-France is mentionning today that the french ministry of education (who launched the race in June) is going to share a Ferrari with Henri Pescarolo at Le Mans Classic...
Old 9 Jul 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1031370)   #20
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it's true...
... Our ministry will race a Ferrari, not with Pescarolo but in the same team on a "sister" car !

Classic is really becoming a gentleman's driver race !

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 9 Jul 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1031440)   #21
hodsonaj
Rookie

hodsonaj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should you see a brown/cream Riley CUV 147 trundling along the road from Le Havre on Friday please either form an orderly queue behind or wave as you go by!!
We are in the red Panorama car park. Come over if you are there and share a glass (or two!)
Tony Hodson
Old 20 Jul 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1041650)   #22
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, who will go to LM classic ? When and where will we meet ?
Old 21 Jul 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1042208)   #23
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm setting off tonight - I'll be there in time for croissants tomorrow - woohoo!
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1043932)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Classic Le Mans

If anyone is intereseted the ACO have but the entry list for this weekends classic Le Mans on there website and it can be found here:- http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport/...ic_engages.pdf

There are 1 or 2 interesting names on there Johnny Herbert in a 1955 Jaguar D Type - can he go one step higher on the podium than he did June. Also there is chap called Newey on the entry list too in a Ford GT40, now his day job is designing McLearn's..........

Now I now one or two people are going so have a good time and I only wish I could be there with you.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 03:33 (Ref:1044099)   #25
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting lineup including 2 Deep Sandersons.
I'm envious of the people going.