Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3232922)   #101
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I was also wondering about Rolex at Le Mans given the F1 tie-up. Surely the famous clock isn't going to disappear?
I hope that isn't the case.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3232926)   #102
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I hope that isn't the case.
There's Rolex branding on the 24 website and on the partners page. I'm sure there will still be a one-off deal in place for the big race.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/partners/tv-exposure.html
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3232929)   #103
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
There's Rolex branding on the 24 website and on the partners page. I'm sure there will still be a one-off deal in place for the big race.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/partners/tv-exposure.html
Rolex is still the parent company that has done the deal, they are just pushing another watch brand under their control through the WEC.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3232935)   #104
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You don't go to an endurance race and sit in the same seat for 6 hours, this is not formula 1, get off your backside and walk the circuit during the race, watch a while from all the stands that our open, talk to people and see everything, once you do this you will just have time to sort out le mans tickets
That's exactly my plan with my other half, we both did the Half Marathon there so I'll take her round as much of that course that we can access, particularly the bit around around Woodcote as I saw a man dressed as Batman being consoled by a Man dressed as Robin on the side of the course, can't remember exactly where it was though
Old 12 Apr 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3232949)   #105
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would just like to remind any of you who may be interested that we have a fantasy racing competition for the WEC and there is still plenty of time to submit entries for this round. A direct link to the page can be found here.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3232956)   #106
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
First session is showing on live timing.

http://live.fiawec.com/

G-Drive Racing's fastest time doesn't seem all that believable, compared to the others, they are some three seconds faster than the rest of the LMP2 field and only two seconds of the Toyotas. Strange.

Audis are out front right now.

AF Corse leads the Porsches.

[edit] Damp track explains wonky times.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3233017)   #107
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Session 2 and Rebellion is running second.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3233019)   #108
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Duval and Lotterer ignoring the instructions to sandbag
Old 12 Apr 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3233020)   #109
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was GTE qualifying wet last year as GTE Pro pole was a 2:09?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3233022)   #110
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Was GTE qualifying wet last year as GTE Pro pole was a 2:09?
Yeah, it was wet but the GTs dried the track enough so that the LMPs could go out on inters and then slicks.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3233023)   #111
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Just a reminder the reference lap time from 2012:
  • pole: 1:43.663 (Audi R18 e-tron quattro)
  • fastest race lap: 1:44.059 (Toyota TS030)
Both Audis and Toyota #7 are already in the 1:43s.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3233024)   #112
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just got back from a little visit today, and I've got to say those Audis look absolutely mighty. They've really hooked those cars up well.

It's pretty depressing though to see the factory P1s gobble up the gap when chasing Rebellion and Strakka, particularly coming out of Club.

Ferraris are sounding pretty quiet as well, has the new regs on them taken something out of their sound?

Oh, and the Lotus' look like a drawing of an Audi drawn by someone who's never seen one before and had it described over the phone to them...but I think they look cute.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3233026)   #113
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
The BoP changes appear to be helping the LMP1 privateers a bit.

In 2012, the fastest qualifying time was 1:46.160 (Strakka) and fastest race lap was 1:46.686 (Strakka). Rebellion and Strakka are now into the 1:45s.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3233027)   #114
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The BoP changes appear to be helping the LMP1 privateers a bit.

In 2012, the fastest qualifying time was 1:46.160 (Strakka) and fastest race lap was 1:46.686 (Strakka). Rebellion and Strakka are now into the 1:45s.
Yes, that's good to see! But on the main pit straight you can see the speed difference.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3233032)   #115
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
How are you going to watch it pdxracefan?
I'm planning on it.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3233034)   #116
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
FIA WEC ‏@FIAWEC 3m
Now raining very heavily and many cars returning to pits #FIAWEC
Old 12 Apr 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3233044)   #117
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know we'll see the real potential of cars tomorrow in qualy... but I fear Porsche is a bit slower than Ferrari and Aston. I think may be 'cause is the first race, and they're are prudent. I hope they are really ready to face their opponents. Be the last in a three challenge, against two others works team would be really bad for Porsche. Porsche has a lot of expectations on this new RSR, in the jubileum of the 911.
I hope they've did all in the right way!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 12 Apr 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3233052)   #118
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
I know we'll see the real potential of cars tomorrow in qualy... but I fear Porsche is a bit slower than Ferrari and Aston. I think may be 'cause is the first race, and they're are prudent. I hope they are really ready to face their opponents. Be the last in a three challenge, against two others works team would be really bad for Porsche. Porsche has a lot of expectations on this new RSR, in the jubileum of the 911.
Even if Porsche do come away lacking pace, it's nothing to worry about yet. They're racing in conditions and on a circuit which aren't representative for the rest of the season, and they're still learning about the new car.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3233053)   #119
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
My expectations are that they will be close on speed, but not the fastest for the first two races. I expect that for race three, it will be the same story until qualifying... and then you'll see what they are capable of. Silverstone and Spa are nice little races, but there is no reason to tip your hand until LM. The BoP fairies will be keeping an eye on them.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3233064)   #120
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Good pace by the #71 ferrari of kobayashi. Not sure if he was the driver but theyre top of their class.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3233089)   #121
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
My expectations are that they will be close on speed, but not the fastest for the first two races. I expect that for race three, it will be the same story until qualifying... and then you'll see what they are capable of. Silverstone and Spa are nice little races, but there is no reason to tip your hand until LM. The BoP fairies will be keeping an eye on them.
I think you're right. But... sometimes passion is stronger than reason! I hope Porsche can finally prove all its credibility with this racing program!
Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3233092)   #122
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Even if Porsche do come away lacking pace, it's nothing to worry about yet. They're racing in conditions and on a circuit which aren't representative for the rest of the season, and they're still learning about the new car.
Right point. First race is first race. And Le Mans is far away!
Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3233099)   #123
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Rumour has it that the #71 Ferrari times have been disallowed for not respecting track limits.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3233103)   #124
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Rumour has it that the #71 Ferrari times have been disallowed for not respecting track limits.
Where did you read this?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3233104)   #125
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A gallery I´ve found in Flickr with good pics from today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/towcest...7633225266697/