Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:10 (Ref:932249)   #1
MIKE HEATH
Rookie

MIKE HEATH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M. G. Car Club - Silverstone

There is a postal strike in Abingdon. If you don't get your passes in time don't despair as I have been volenteered to stand on the gate all morning with a list of everyone who should have had passes, to make sure you get in.
The timetable for the meeting is available on the MST website - http://www.mst-group.co.uk/timetables/2004/41553.pdf

P.S. you might won't to allow a little extra time as the process will obviously take more time
Old 6 Apr 2004, 16:33 (Ref:932466)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mike, thanks for the information. I'll pass it on to my fellow racers too.

Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:05 (Ref:933257)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The MGCC has sent me competitors final regs. There is nothing unusual in them. I guess everyone who can read this will also get a copy, but I thought I'd highlight a couple things specific to the timetable of this meeting just in case:
Quote:
4. ENGINES
Engines must not be run before 08.00 hrs or after 18.00 hrs.

5. DRIVERS' BRIEFING
There will be a Driver’s Briefing in the Scrutineering Bay immediately after practice finishes at 12.30 hrs. Failure to attend a Briefing may result in a fine or endorsement (C.5.4.10).

6. NOVICE DRIVERS
Drivers who have not raced before or who have not raced on the National Circuit before must attend one of the following Briefing Meetings at the times shown below in Race Control before they are allowed to practice. Failure to attend may result in a fine, licence endorsement or exclusion from the meeting.

08.15 hrs, 09.30 hrs and 10.30 hrs
The rest is the usual stuff about the assmbly area, race length, red flad, race numbers, starts, transponders etc...

Another useful part of the final regs
Quote:
2. TICKETS
...Please note that there will be no admittance to the circuit on the Friday.

Last edited by Adam43; 7 Apr 2004 at 11:12.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:11 (Ref:933264)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I must say I am impressed with the way the MGCC have spread this information around as I have got to find out about this from several sources.

I'm not a member of the MGCC, but they run great meetings and are always helpful to every competitor irrespective of how close you are to the club.

I could start racing MGs...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:20 (Ref:933272)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm not a member of the MGCC, but they run great meetings and are always helpful to every competitor irrespective of how close you are to the club.
They always seem to wan't to give me a stern talking to for some reason
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:31 (Ref:933281)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if this is the same meeting that we had a race at last season I must agree with all said here - they put on an excellant race and on the international circuit rather trhan the wretched national!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:42 (Ref:933292)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
This is on the national, but they have a meeting on the international later in the year.
Old 9 Apr 2004, 12:53 (Ref:935178)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm a member and I've even run my Capri at their summer festival.

They are well organised but sometimes they can appear a bit snooty. Especially when you turn up in a road standard Metro and beat some of the MGBs.

But generally I'd go back to racing with them if I had the time.
Old 9 Apr 2004, 21:17 (Ref:935485)   #9
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG Car Club is well worth supporting, merely for the fact that they try their hardest to look after everyone - including marshals. It means a lot to us that we are guaranteed some sort of lunch break, even if it is just enough to nip to the loo without rushing, plus the provision of a cuppa in the morning. It doesn't take a lot to keep us happy and coming back for more!
Old 10 Apr 2004, 18:20 (Ref:935949)   #10
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, we do a large proportion of our races (TRR/TSSC) with the MGCC and they do put on a good day for everyone concerned.

Just got back from Silverstone had a blinding day (and won my class lalala), thanks to all involved. Hope the marshals weren't too busy during the wet practise session (I know I fell off at least three times... )
Old 10 Apr 2004, 20:27 (Ref:936021)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I had a good time. Fastest 6 cylinder XJS on my first time out in that class! I didn't expect that, although the wet session helped as I reckon we are down on power (and brakes) to some.

My Dad had a top race, passing D-Types left right and centre.

Unfortunately I had a clutch go on lap 5 while just really getting to explore the limits of the tyres (we've moved up to list 1B this year) in the dry.

Still the next meet is Spa and it'll have a blummin' AP racing (or similar) clutch in it by then.

Rich, well done on your class win I'll sort out some pics for you (and a movie of your start!) soon. I haven't looked at them myself yet, so no promises of quality!
Old 10 Apr 2004, 20:38 (Ref:936029)   #12
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Cheers Adam. I saw some of your race, but we had to leave to get back. Sorry to hear of your clutch troubles...

I had a cracking start in that race, probably my best ever, I seemed to jump 2 rows in the grid - which was handy because my main rival type bloke had qualified 2 rows ahead of me in the dreadfully slippy practice (my fault, I suppose - I kept spinning )
Old 10 Apr 2004, 21:16 (Ref:936049)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Ashmore
My Dad had a top race, passing D-Types left right and centre.
....and avoiding some of them, thankfully. He's certainly upped his game since last year hasn't he.

Sorry to hear about your clutch giving out

Last edited by Tim Falce; 10 Apr 2004 at 21:18.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 09:04 (Ref:936306)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes, my Dad really enjoyed his race. It's the new tyres. Not only are they very grippy, but also give great confidence (in the dry). They aren't as, er, vague on the limit compared to the road tyre we were on the last year.

He was thrilled he could compete with some of you guys.

The clutch was just unlucky, we put a new on in before Silverstone and it just gave up! Still better now than the next race.

Are you two doing Rockingham? Which, I think, is the next MGCC meeting? Are there a Jag sportscar or TR race there?
Old 11 Apr 2004, 09:31 (Ref:936331)   #15
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
I'm there, I think. May 22nd or thereabouts?
Old 11 Apr 2004, 10:28 (Ref:936366)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
erm, let me look. May 22nd. I think it was a two day meeting, but now a one (?) (the JEC calendar still says 22/23...).

In looking I see that the Jag sportscars aren't there. Does that mean you don't do Rockingham this year Tim?
Old 11 Apr 2004, 10:41 (Ref:936375)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

I'm sorry I didn't get of your spins and that I can't do a Maisie on you
Attached Thumbnails
65.jpg  

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Apr 2004 at 10:45.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 10:46 (Ref:936382)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I didn't get any on track pictures of red D-Types However...
Attached Thumbnails
post.jpg  
Old 11 Apr 2004, 12:08 (Ref:936442)   #19
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Yes, my calendar says 22/23 too - just checked. I'll probably be there for both days, if previous years are anything to go by. If any of you are around in the evenings pop over for beers and barbeques, the Spitfire drivers (and partners) now cook up on an almost industrial scale. If you fancy coming along let me know and I'll chuck some extra burgers on the barbie for you

Oh, and nice photo! Makes me look fast I take it that's at copse? And your dad seems to be grinning ear to ear in the other one.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 12:29 (Ref:936455)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Ashmore
I didn't get any on track pictures of red D-Types
The one of the good looking bloke talking to your dad is good enough
Old 12 Apr 2004, 06:09 (Ref:936982)   #21
steve_arion
Rookie

England
South Bucks
steve_arion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Adam

Sorry to here about your clutch.
How were you doing before then in class E?

The Dunlop tyres are great aren't they?

I Can not wait now for Spa!!
Old 12 Apr 2004, 06:30 (Ref:936986)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What tyhres are you running these days? In Group 1 we run the Dunlop D84J. After about seven laps of spa they go right off!
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:38 (Ref:937233)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Steve congratulations on your win. It was good to watch (and I saw most of it! ). Your overtaking move for the lead was superb I hear.

The tyres are good, although I hadn't really got into them in the four laps.

I was disputing top 6 cyl. car with Weaver at the time. He had got past, I don't know if I could have caught him again, but I was still getting used to the tyres. Of course Pearce's V12 was the pace setter in Class E :confused:

Peter, I have D01Js on the car. They are excellent, although they are the only 1B list tyre I have experience of. So far there are no signs of a drop off, but then I only did four laps of Silverstone in the dry We shall be using them at Spa, so we'll see!
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:27 (Ref:937591)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not familiar with those I'm afraid Adam.

Last year at Spa I was on D84s and kept up with many MG's and a few others on D98's until I stopped on lap 10. After that my times went off by around 3 secs per lap.

(PS. Did you get the info?).
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:55 (Ref:937615)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The D01s are the same as the D98s they just the new version. Some sizes have been updated to the D01s, some other sizes haven't. I understand there is little difference.

(I did get the info, thank you. )