Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Mar 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1563477)   #76
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that it is the 4 litre.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1563489)   #77
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Planetlemans has a report from the test days and a photo gallery: http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=1598&Itemid=2
Old 28 Mar 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1563512)   #78
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Was anybody there that can say what the 2 differant Mugens sound like against each other ?
Old 29 Mar 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1564070)   #79
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
group bio???....

I thought the group-bio diesel V10 Lolas were supposed to show up for this test session???.....whats the story?.........or did the "unforseen engineering work" over run somewhat?......sureley if they have not attended both the sebring race, and this test session........ Le-mans is a no-go???....
Old 29 Mar 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1564076)   #80
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
I thought the group-bio diesel V10 Lolas were supposed to show up for this test session???.....whats the story?.........or did the "unforseen engineering work" over run somewhat?......sureley if they have not attended both the sebring race, and this test session........ Le-mans is a no-go???....
Not sure of the exact reason for their absences, but according to DSC, there will only be 2 diesels at Le Mans this year. I think it's pretty safe to assume they are referring to the R10's..........
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:10 (Ref:1564756)   #81
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
My apologies if the following question has been asked and answered further back: DSC is reporting that Belmondo's Ford badged engines are not the AER turbo four, but instead Mecachrome. They say V8, which I am not sure is correct---is the engine that Belmondo is using the old JPX V6? Or, exactly what is it?

robert
Old 30 Mar 2006, 07:16 (Ref:1564897)   #82
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sid The Manager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans entry list

Todays release of Le Mans entry list.

http://www.lemans.org/mailing/2006_0...es_24h2006.pdf
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1564940)   #83
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
My apologies if the following question has been asked and answered further back: DSC is reporting that Belmondo's Ford badged engines are not the AER turbo four, but instead Mecachrome. They say V8, which I am not sure is correct---is the engine that Belmondo is using the old JPX V6? Or, exactly what is it?

robert
The engine is definitely an atmospheric 3.4 litre V8 badged as 'Ford by Mecachrome'. The engine specification is available in the LC75 article on Mulsannes Corner and is based on the 4 litre Mecachrome V8 used in GP2.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1565030)   #84
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
to my knowledge, that GP2 "mechachrome" engine is from Heini-Mader which originally started life as a .......wait for it......a BMW IRL project, which died.........Mechachrome are either running that BMW engine, or may have designed a clean sheet engine.......but from the very familiar pictures of the GP2 cam-covers that I have seen.......it still looks like the road car derived BMW 4 litre V8, as I worked on the same BMW V8 when we did the race and road car engine conversions for Team Ascari who use the BMW M5 5 litre engines........it would not surprise me that Renault want it kept secret that their GP2 engine is from a BMW - funny that!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 01:59 (Ref:1565671)   #85
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The engine is definitely an atmospheric 3.4 litre V8 badged as 'Ford by Mecachrome'. The engine specification is available in the LC75 article on Mulsannes Corner and is based on the 4 litre Mecachrome V8 used in GP2.
Whoooooooooooooosh, wow, I missed that! Thanks.

robert