Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Apr 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1570625)   #601
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant news ..... I was thinking he was supposed to be in the RML Lola ..... but Spyker is cool !!!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1570767)   #602
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
I'd be very surprised if the money's coming from Cancer Research UK- according to Crash.net, Bryan's partner in this is another UK businessman, Graham Schultz. I suspect they're the money, and are maybe using the project to publicise Cancer Research UK- from a quick google search Rik Bryan was apparently involved with a recent charity ball at the Dorchester hotel in London in aid of CRUK (at which his DBR9 was also displayed), so may be involved in fundraising for them.

I'm not sure Peter Hardman's the owner of the second chassis- he's a well-known name on the historic racing scene, where he's had a lot of success driving other peoples' cars- particularly Astons and Ferraris, I believe belonging to one individual collector. Usually fast in historic cars, but he's also got a fair amount of GT experience in things like Lotus, Lister and McLaren F1 in the 90's
Yes, I take your point on CRUK. I guess I shouldn't have said the money is coming directly from their purse, but that some associated person or body is promoting them out of pocket. Still, while I shouldn't be badmouthing any contribution to racing, one can't help but wonder whether the money shouldn't just go straight to the research, no? Sorry, I guess it's my bias as a soon-to-be-constantly-underfunded scientist showing here.

I guess I misjudged Hardman...but wow is that ever an entertaining site! I don't know, there's just something about the wording used that gets my goat. "Professional Racing Driver". Still, as long as he goes like the wind I couldn't care less.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1570792)   #603
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Did Hardman ever drive a Lister Storm GT1 ?
Old 4 Apr 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1570868)   #604
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Hardman drove for Lister several times- a couple of races towards the end of 1999 in British GT, and the early part of the 2000 FIA GT season, usually sharing a car with Nicolaus Springer.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1573272)   #605
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would appear that Bellicchi and Zonca are no longer part of the Lister team for 2006 having apparently not fulfilled their part of the contract. Shame this wasn't sorted out before the Paul Ricard test days!!

Jens Moller is in for the season and the Team are hoping to put together a deal which will see Nicolas Kiesa as his partner throughout 2006. A third (hopefully quick) driver will join them for Le Mans.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1573327)   #606
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kiesa's in for the season? I didn't get that from the bit on DSC...I would've thought that Keen was a more likely season-long partner for Moller. I suppose the latter has budget issues, but I know the former did too with regards to F1 at least.

Still, cracking couple of blokes to partner Moller. I admit I'd have liked Kiesa to stay with Aston for LM though!
Old 14 Jun 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1634300)   #607
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
On Audi R10 in LMS this year, because 2 chassis will go to ALMS and the last one will only be used for testing

Quote:
Le docteur Ullrich a confié au micro de Bruno Vandestick que après Le Mans, les Audi R10 ne rouleront plus en Europe, du moins pas cette année. Les deux voitures de course retourneront aux USA afin d'y disputer l'American Le Mans Series. Il ne restera donc qu'une seule auto dans les ateliers Audi Sport, puisque seuls trois châssis ont été construits à ce jour. Or cette troisième R10 est réservée au développement. Hors de question donc de voir la firme aux anneaux venir conforter le championnat européen de Patrick Peter. Dommageable pour l'intérêt médiatique de la série, mais on peut tout de même espérer que le contructeur allemand viendra se confronter à Peugeot dès l'année prochaine...
source: endurance-info.com
Old 14 Jun 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1634381)   #608
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What better way of testing than racing in LMS :P