Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Apr 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2452948)   #26
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest entrylist still has TBA for Team LNT

Antonio Garcia and Leo Mansell will be joined by Jaime Melo btw.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2452958)   #27
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SWAG for LNT: Mowlem, Johansson, Wallace

L.P.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2453020)   #28
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess would be Watts and Pla again, joined by someone else.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2453024)   #29
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err...why would they do that since they're racing for Strakka and Quifel-ASM ?
Old 30 Apr 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2453026)   #30
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Err...why would they do that since they're racing for Strakka and Quifel-ASM ?
Because they would be put to much better use together in the LNT car, at the moment watts at leaste has no chance of even a podium, backing Strekka was a huge mistake by Ginetta.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2453030)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Because they would be put to much better use together in the LNT car, at the moment watts at leaste has no chance of even a podium, backing Strekka was a huge mistake by Ginetta.
Sorry, I disagree with you. To pull Watts out of the Strakka car sends a not to friendly message to their customer and potential customers. They are trying to build a customer base not pist them off.

L.P.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2453041)   #32
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Sorry, I disagree with you. To pull Watts out of the Strakka car sends a not to friendly message to their customer and potential customers. They are trying to build a customer base not pist them off.

L.P.
Id be pretty pist off if i was Watts, getting stuck in a car with Hardman and Leventis.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2453049)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Id be pretty pist off if i was Watts, getting stuck in a car with Hardman and Leventis.
Is he a pro? Then he will go where they tell him to! If that is not suitable he needs to find another gig. I'll bet he stays where he is!!!

L.P.
Old 1 May 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2453710)   #34
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Seems it will be Smith, Kerr and Tomlinson in the LNT entry.

L.P.
Old 1 May 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2453722)   #35
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Is he a pro? Then he will go where they tell him to! If that is not suitable he needs to find another gig. I'll bet he stays where he is!!!

L.P.
Precisely- Strakka and their sponsors are presumably either paying Watts directly to be in the car, or paying LNT to supply them with their contracted driver, so the odds of him jumping ship to the 'factory' car are pretty unlikely
Old 1 May 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2453755)   #36
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be going to this for the first time and combining it with a few laps round the Nurburgring, can't wait!
Excuse my ignorance but will the RLM commentary be available by personal radio trackside as it is at Le Mans? Also any good tips on viewing spots?
Old 1 May 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2453863)   #37
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Spa is a fantastic track to visit - and the lovely bit about an LMS race is the level to which you can, within reason, go where you like.

It might be stating the obvious but seeing the gradient at Eau Rouge is something that will stay with you for a long time, the run up to Les Combes also gives you a great vista over the countryside and a nice bit of hillside to sit on and see sportscars at full chat.

When I was last there there was no local RLM but there's half way decent periodic English PA around the start-finish complex. You could also investigate getting a local SIM and streaming it presuming you've got a 3G phone - most of the staff in the Mobistar or Proximus stores speak perfect English and might well be able to sort you out with something.

Annoyingly, I'm going to be in Belgium part of next week and all of the following week, so by rights should be able to go, but the gods of scheduling really do appear to be conspiring against me - hence I'm most envious.

Enjoy it, Spa's one of those life affirming tracks that make the world a profoundly better place.
Old 1 May 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2453869)   #38
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers mate, that's really a terrific help, got some decent walking shoes so ready for a good explore!
Find it very difficult to look past Peugeot for the win by the way, would love one of the petrols to do it (especially Aston, natch!) but can't see any way they can beat all that diesel torque on those long climbs, reg. changes or not. Saying that with 51 cars on track there will be plenty of opportunity for screwing it up, and it's not like they haven't got previous in that department....
Old 1 May 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2453896)   #39
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82 View Post
Find it very difficult to look past Peugeot for the win by the way, would love one of the petrols to do it (especially Aston, natch!) but can't see any way they can beat all that diesel torque on those long climbs, reg. changes or not.
Think you've got it on the nail there. My wife, who these days knows about as much about sportscars as I do, cut to the heart of it in 2007; when looking at the Les Combes run and the ability of the 908s to leave everything else standing her response was "that's just not fair".

That said, I'm a firm believer in Peugeot's ability to chuck it away, and while I'll be waving a Pescarolo flag while you wave your Aston one my heart really wants to say that a well run petrol squad could keep the Peugeots honest.
Old 2 May 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2453981)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'll be going to this for the first time and combining it with a few laps round the Nurburgring, can't wait!
Excuse my ignorance but will the RLM commentary be available by personal radio trackside as it is at Le Mans? Also any good tips on viewing spots?
I was sure that RLM would be there but heard nothing recently so we will just have to see, will know on friday when I get there. You will notice a huge difference from Le mans, it is more relaxed and you can within reason go where ever you like. The views looking down on the cars below racing past was always a wonder to behold and unlike some other tracks you can stand and watch the race from just about anywhere. You will enjoy it and it will get the excitement of Le mans in a 6 hour race, and after that it will be less than 5 weeks to the big one.
Old 2 May 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2454033)   #41
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
I think your thoughts are correct
Old 2 May 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2454048)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Id be pretty pist off if I was Watts and didnt have a drive !!! LNT hasnt shown themselves yet , and maybe that was part of the deal , a little customer support .
Old 2 May 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2454050)   #43
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thats a pretty decent line up !!! Tomlinson was setting some fairly decent laps recently in a test .
Old 2 May 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2454138)   #44
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spa is our most favorite circuit (many F1, FIA-GT 24h races attended) -as previously mentioned, good walking shoes are a definite. Besides Eau Rouge, a most favorite spot is Pouhon (grandstands are only there for F1 races), you are close to the circuit at Fagnes, close viewing by the karting centre, the esses into pit in is another great spot. On the walkway to Pouhon, there's a paved walk up the hill or just past that, there's a dirt trail takes you to Le Combes and Rivage. I use my iPhone and follow live timing (see www.lemans-series.com for the direct link). There's a tunnel by the big red whatever by the F1 garages that takes you to the other side of the start/finish line (new F1 stand). Hope you enjoy it as much as we do - we leave Thursday, can't wait!

Carol
Old 2 May 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2454142)   #45
pjo
Rookie

pjo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live streaming of Spa

Hi! Could anyone post link(s) to the live streaming video of Spa qualifying and race ?

Thanks in advance.

pjo
Old 2 May 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2454143)   #46
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjo View Post
Hi! Could anyone post link(s) to the live streaming video of Spa qualifying and race ?

Thanks in advance.

pjo
Second that.
Old 2 May 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2454148)   #47
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjo View Post

Thanks in advance.

pjo
www.lemans-series.com
Old 2 May 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2454157)   #48
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
An addition to the entry list? According to DSC, Paul Daniels' ex-James Watt Automotive 911 is parked at the back of Prospeed's pit area at the Silverstone FIA round- it's intended to race at Spa with Daniels and Markus Palttala as a Prospeed entry.
Old 2 May 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2454159)   #49
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
An addition to the entry list? According to DSC, Paul Daniels' ex-James Watt Automotive 911 is parked at the back of Prospeed's pit area at the Silverstone FIA round- it's intended to race at Spa with Daniels and Markus Palttala as a Prospeed entry.
http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_F.../decalee02.jpg
Old 2 May 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2454182)   #50
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
That car has been on the entry list since April 28...